GOLF
golf.png
GOLF
12:00 - 6:00 PM ET

1:00 - 2:30 PM ET

3:00 - 6:00 PM ET

7:00 - 11:30 PM ET

11:30 PM - 4:00 AM ET

I slipped back big time last week so I need a big week this week. Team set let's hope for a winner

After a really bad week last week this is the team I have picked to try and turn it around.

Walker, Jimmy
Todd, Brendon
Woodland, Gary
Blixt, Jonas
Bradley, Keegan
Haas, Bill
Stricker, Steve
Holmes, J.B.
Simpson, Webb
Leishman, Marc

Jason Day is out.

I think I guy like Todd or Walker have real good shots this week. Walker's record at this course is crazy good

It'd be nice if the list of players would remove WDs. There are 4 this week. I almost did the same with Day until I heard it on PGA tour radio.

It'd be nice if the list of players would remove WDs. There are 4 this week. I almost did the same with Day until I heard it on PGA tour radio.
i follow PGA Tour Media who was good about posting WD's, but the last 2 weeks they have missed them all

Bill Haas
Steve Stricker
Brendon Todd
Marc Leishman
Jason Day W/D
Kevin Na
Brendon de Jonge
Angel Cabrera
Kyle Stanley
Charlie Beljan

My roster:

Stricker
Walker
Reed
Na
Steele
Leishman
Todd
Summerhays
B. Watson
Martin

Blixt off to a hot start for me!

Pretty cool little subplot to this week's event, just like in last week's tournament: The top 4 players that finish in the top 12 overall and aren't already in the Open Championship get spots in that major in 2 weeks. Obviously going for the win will be important on Sunday, but getting a spot in a major will be pretty important for some guys. On the PGATOUR.com leaderboard, they have put Claret Jug logos next to the names of the guys that are already qualified for the Open Championship.

My roster:

Stricker
Walker
Reed
Na
Steele
Leishman
Todd
Summerhays
B. Watson
Martin

Stricker
Walker
Kirk
Na
Simpson
Leishman
Todd
Bradley
Watson
Martin

Pretty dang close, not good for catching up to you guys in the top 10! I need to start picking some flyers

Blixt
Stricker
Love 3
Stallings
Appleby
Choi
Potter Jr.
Summerhays
Tringale
Ryder Cup Capt. Tom

Loving me some Blixt right now.

The defending champ off to a hot start. -6 thru 16 for Blixt.

Need a good week here to start making a move into the Top 10. Hopefully I made some decent picks:

Stricker
Reed
Howell III
Leishmann
Na
Haas
Steele
Walker
Simpson
Watson

Starting to get to that point where I need to keep an eye on number of starts left for each of the golfers.

Blixt is a putting genius

I pulled Blixt for Choi...talk about the opposite end of the spectrum.

Tom Watson actually played some solid golf as the oldest guy in the field. Funny today his common miss was that he was 1 club long on his approaches a few times. That swing is still so smooth.

Glad its just day 1. Have Stricker and Na as my top two, both are tied for 10th. Have 4 that are outside of the top 70 right now. Need some good rounds from guys tomorrow.

Only had the opportunity to watch a few holes today. Seemed like the morning rounds faired better. Glad to see I have several guys towards the top. Hope that continues on into Sunday.

Bubba was rocking that new G30. They were saying he was reported getting 2mph more swing speed with it--not that he needs 6 more yards, but if he can control it better it may be worth his switch to it.

Back