I really am intrigued about the OW. Can't wait for more feedback, Frank!

Ive been orange whipping it everyday now for a the last five days. Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow and see if it pays off. This thing does help you learn to swing the big muscles. I am thinking a positive report will be made tomorrow.

Tapatalk

I really am intrigued about the OW. Can't wait for more feedback, Frank!

While you're right that it can help with the swinging muscles, it's developing the correct tempo and smoothing out the swing where the perfection is in this aid. I love mine, really valuable. When I go to the range, I always take the Orange Whip, Tour Striker, and Pure Ball striker.

While you're right that it can help with the swinging muscles, it's developing the correct tempo and smoothing out the swing where the perfection is in this aid. I love mine, really valuable. When I go to the range, I always take the Orange Whip, Tour Striker, and Pure Ball striker.

Yes, agree completely. Teaches great delivery of the club.

Tapatalk

Anyone have a direct comparison with the yellow one that I see everywhere its the SKLZ model?

Anyone have a direct comparison with the yellow one that I see everywhere its the SKLZ model?

Sklz specializes in ripping off other designs and making lower quality versions on the cheap.

Saw one of their "impact bags" the other day in the golf store. It was smaller and made of poor materials compared to the original. And have used one of their putting greens? Blech!!!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

This is my post in this thread earlier about the SKLZ equipment. They are almost always a cheap ripoff of a good idea. Your gonna get what you pay for and usually their stuff wears out/breaks easily. And I don't think it works quite the same. If they put the same thing out as OW then I'm sure they'd be sued in short order. Something's more than likely different, and probably not in a good way.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Oops -- I came here thinking this was about the Blues Brothers (John Candy :"Who wants an Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!)"

Last edited:
Thanks Colt, I was just wondering what any differences were in actual use. eg: is one whippier, longer, better/worse etc. for any reason? I am not familiar with either company but do remember seeing orange whips in the past and now I keep seeing the yellow ones. Maybe it's just the range I go to all the time.
This is my post in this thread earlier about the SKLZ equipment. They are almost always a cheap ripoff of a good idea. Your gonna get what you pay for and usually their stuff wears out/breaks easily. And I don't think it works quite the same. If they put the same thing out as OW then I'm sure they'd be sued in short order. Something's more than likely different, and probably not in a good way.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I gotta try this. First saw one in Graeme McDowell's bag on tv.

Last edited:
I have the orange whip and it is an excellent training aid especially for teaching tempo and transition. If you transition too fast or out of sequence you will immediately feel the weight difference and it will feel very odd. Of course you need a golf swing, grip and relatively decent mechanics beforehand for it to work properly! And, be careful swinging it in the house, my kitchen can attest to that!

The more I read about this the more I need one

Very nice looking tool.

I've had one for a couple years now...Great tool...

You ever have one of those conversations ... It's not you ... It's me ... You know they never end good :D

For ME and me only, I did not see the bang for the buck ... I readily admit maybe I just was not doing it right ... I watched and swung along with the video ...

It certainly loosened me up ... But I don't need $100 tool for that ... Obviously I suk and don't try to hide that fact ... But I did not find the tempo ... I could easily swing it different ways with out getting off balance

the best exercise for me was gripping the whip below the handle, but again I felt for me, I did not need the whip to do that ...

Again ... For me ... I did not get it ... Maybe my expectations was too high ... I took it back ...

Not trying to knock the whip or those that find value ... Just giving a different view

who knows as I get better and progress maybe I will give it another shot ...

Dear whip ... It's not you ... it's me ... But I still love ya ... You will make someone else very happy I am sure of it ...

After trying the twist and forearm rotation drills yesterday I'm seeing even more use for this, I can't wait to add it to the pre round routine this weekend!

Been pondering this training aid for a while now, and after using CJ's and GolfinFF's on the range on two different days in Ocean City (just grabbed it from their bags without asking, which they were okay with...I think), I am now seriously searching for one of these.

The weighted end is just amazing for swinging and getting loose, while the length is great for doing stretching all around.

What a great training aid!

Been pondering this training aid for a while now, and after using CJ's and GolfinFF's on the range on two different days in Ocean City (just grabbed it from their bags without asking, which they were okay with...I think), I am now seriously searching for one of these.

The weighted end is just amazing for swinging and getting loose, while the length is great for doing stretching all around.

What a great training aid!

That was what putt me over the edge as well-testing it in person. I had the Skilz already and it was a dust gatherer in my garage, but I went to a store that had both on demo and got to swing the smaller versions and just fell in love with the feel. Unlike the dust gathering typical training aids, this sits in my game room area and gets swung several times a week, often when I am on Conference calls working from home.

Broke down and bought this today. At my first lesson my new pro suggested it to help me stop from coming over the top and to make my takeaway more consistent. Can't wait to use it regularly and see how much it impacts my game.

like to hear how this goes for you!

WardF was the Skilz that much different?

Broke down and bought this today. At my first lesson my new pro suggested it to help me stop from coming over the top and to make my takeaway more consistent. Can't wait to use it regularly and see how much it impacts my game.

Awesome to hear. He is spot on in his assessment also! By forcing you to work from the ground up backswing and downswing it naturally helps correct the issues you mentioned.

like to hear how this goes for you!

WardF was the Skilz that much different?

The skilz does not feel as balanced for me. I have the 38 and 44 OW now which gives me iron and woods feel.

Honestly if you are just using it to warm up before a round and not doing all the drills from the video either would work to warm up and gain flexibility--I just much prefer the OW balance and feel through the swing.

Back