Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Never thought I would feel the need to be involved in Central NJ and Easter PA thread.

I'm playing JC Melrose, which is an Alistair MacKenzie designed course that just opened to the public, Saturday morning and there are 2 open spots. On Sunday, I'm probably playing Jeffersonville which is a Donald Ross design and one of my favorites in the Philly area and 2 open spots at this point. Anyone who wants to join is more than welcome.

Bumping this.

Melrose is a great course. Wish I could join you.

What's going on Tuesday? I may be able to play hookie.

Anyone up to playing at the shore Sat 7/12? I'll be in AC Friday night. Would be nice to play a round before heading home.

Change of plans. Who can play tomorrow morning?

7am tee time at mercer West

Loving the Mizuno JPX-EZ forged irons. They just want to go straight

Loving the Mizuno JPX-EZ forged irons. They just want to go straight

Per the thp review they're very forgiving laterally, but the center of gravity is so low it creates a lot of ballooning, resulting in inconsistent distances

Per the thp review they're very forgiving laterally, but the center of gravity is so low it creates a lot of ballooning, resulting in inconsistent distances

Good to know. Only hit them on a track man so couldn't see the flight really. No go on Monday for me.

Awesome. I'm going to try to get to the course around 615.

I'll be walking

Cool I will get there early too I need some range time I played horrible today.

I'm playing JC Melrose, which is an Alistair MacKenzie designed course that just opened to the public, Saturday morning and there are 2 open spots. On Sunday, I'm probably playing Jeffersonville which is a Donald Ross design and one of my favorites in the Philly area and 2 open spots at this point. Anyone who wants to join is more than welcome.

How was Melrose Chris? I really wanted to play that one, but Saturday afternoons are tough for me!

I am off this Friday, and thinking about playing Friday late morning / early afternoon - maybe White Clay ( Arthur Hills baby! ) or Wyncote. I will post it here if I do and you or anyone else can make it. Leave the next morning for Bethany and I will be playing at least twice somewhere down there.

How was Melrose Chris? I really wanted to play that one, but Saturday afternoons are tough for me!

I am off this Friday, and thinking about playing Friday late morning / early afternoon - maybe White Clay ( Arthur Hills baby! ) or Wyncote. I will post it here if I do and you or anyone else can make it. Leave the next morning for Bethany and I will be playing at least twice somewhere down there.

Melrose was great. I'm bold enough to say that they have one of if not the best green complexes for a public course in the area. You definitely see the Alistair MacKenzie in the course and for $60 during the weekend, is a stupendous value. The knocks on it are distance; it tops out a little over 6,000 yards but still defends itself very well; there's a stretch during the back nine that feels a bit redundant; the routing is a little quirky due to the restrictions on the property size; and the off green/fairway areas on the Eighth need to be grown in more. These were minor though and overall I enjoyed it for the greens alone.

I wish I could play Friday, but need to be in South Jersey in the early afternoon, which kills the whole day golf wise. White Clay and Wyncote are both really good courses for anyone who hasn't played them. We'll tee it up again soon though and have fun in Bethany!

So I know that it's going to be hotter than sin tomorrow but anyone looking to tee it up? Debating on getting out there and slapping it around.

Anyone up for a round in Central nj Saturday morning? I have a graduation party in the afternoon so I'm thinking of a 730ish tee time

Jeff and I are playing in the Philly Golf Tour Tourney at Hopewell. Come cheer us on in your skort.

Back