Ocean City - 2014 THP Invitational #4 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Lankford was so old there's a good chance it's small pox or the plague
Happy to report the beach house was free of any diseases, insects, or any other life threatening issues. Maybe all the alcohol was the natural remedy

Happy to report the beach house was free of any diseases, insects, or any other life threatening issues. Maybe all the alcohol was the natural remedy
Stayed in the Lankford and no issues. I think alcohol was the key here as well. :)

The Langford had those invigorating showers, you know, the ones without hot water.

Te place was built before the hot water craze took hold in showering...

Last edited:
Kudos to the Lankford for not giving in to all the trends and fads like hot water and instead staying true to its roots.

Taps away

Poor Shenanigans never knew what hit them Saturday night....
And the patrons..

Tyler and Eric even complimented me on my penmanship writing the compliment card for our poor waitress.

Some Lankford disease. Should of stayed at the fabulous bed time Inn

What you caught at the Bedtime will be diagnosed at a later date.

Just wanted to share some pics:

a9y3etus.jpg

y8uru5e7.jpg

ry6egere.jpg

u6anysyp.jpg

se3ezu9e.jpg

Using Tapatalk

Nice pics. I already set one as my wallpaper

I think we made a good team once we got a strategy figured out. You really were on fire on the back nine!

I also think I found one of my swing flaws in the last 24 hours so next time we can do even better.

Still in shock that my partner Kenh and I went 91/74 for 165. Who does that?! I'd happily be your partner again, Ken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

My Saturday golf round review:

When Saturday wake up came, and I freshened up with one of the aforementioned Langford showers, I really didn't know what to expect.
I drove through the night, played 36, then stayed up until approx 12:00-1:00 only be lying awake at 6:00...

I decided to wear my "fiery Coral" colored Under Armour shirt, much to everyone's (JB's and DevRickus' especially) delight.
I showed up to "HOLY JESUS THAT'S A BRIGHT SHIRT"...and the sight of my partner in a skirt.. and the day went from there!

I hit the range, catching up with old friends and meeting new ones, hitting clubs, having others hit some of mine, and wishing everyone good luck, and a great time.

I went over to the putting green, and tried putting a few but nerves were hitting pretty good I feared of doing more damage to my psyche and decided to just mill about and watch. I spotted my buddy Tyler and his wedge, and decided to challenge him to a chipping competition as we have done the day before.
Kevin joined in just in time for me to win a few, when Kevin says "Yeah high handicap there sure!" which put a calm on me and I really felt like this day was going to turn out OK, and I was going to be able to do my part and help my team win.

We soon met at the first tee, listened to BuckJob give Ricky crap (Love these two!), and the event was off!
We were the 3rd grouping off, and Nerves turned to anticipation, I just wanted to get going!!!(THP events truly are a powerful thing, I am sure everyone 1st group to last will tell you the feeling when the peg is in the ground will attest to!)

I met the other 2 of our foursome Clarke Woodfin (Clarke huh...) & TheChosen1 (Brian) and watched these guys bomb one off the tee!
My partner Joe bombed one also but we couldnt find it, and were forced to play my ball which was about 280 something yards back (Slight exaggeration).
Joe from there missed the green, and I took a few more very demoralizing shots to reach also. (I thought here we go again... I wasn't in a good place!)
I ended up with double, Joe with a bogey, and off to the next hole!

#OutingApproval was on the line, and I missed, I scrambled for a bogey (NOT giving hole by hole I promise...)
Joe holed out in par and I was settling down, Brian and Clarke were chugging along also, Brian dropping birdies and Clarke holding his own with Par, and Bogey.

Eventually I started coming around by hole 4, Joe was "Struggling" as he put it also, by missing a couple birdies he might have had on other days. He was playing fine!
I remember on the 5th hole, then again on the 6th leaving putts right at the cup, and having fears that we lose by 2-3 strokes...

Clarke lit up his delightful cigars, and Brian was finishing holes under par.
Joe was bombing away, I was plugging along.
Our foursome was having a great time, everyone was loose and good golf was being played.
I was hitting the occasional turd, but would usually follow up with a decent shot.

I was hitting a focus level I don't think I've experience on the course before, Joe was heating up, I was doing my part.
I have to say, I only knew what 2 of our group shot on the front... Sorry guys.

I came in with 46, which I felt simply OK about, I KNOW I left shots on the course, missed a few putts I feel I should have made, and a couple hosel rockets, and a penalty.
And I remember Brian coming in 2 under for the nine (what fun it was watching that!)
Joe shot well, and JB said we were in it!!
It was time to buckle down on the back and get this done, I REALLY thought we were about to make a run on this!!

The Back nine started pretty good, Playing from the woods Joe and I finished #10 Par, bogey.
#11 we went Par, Par
#12 Another Par, Par for my partner and I!
Fireball Shots!
#13 we went Birdie, Birdie (I missed about a 45-50' eagle putt by about 2" gimme for bird!)

At this point I REALLY thought we had this thing wrapped up, Just plug along and take one shot at a time, limit damage, find good areas of the green, and we had a serious chance!

#14 the par 3 playing 165 yds into the wind. I figure easy Hybrid and guide one onto the green... NOPE! I hit the ditch 47.6 feet in front of our teebox! AWESOME!
Joe says "Partner don't worry I got your back bro!..." After Joe's shot we proceed..... To the drop zone...
An EFFING 12 combined on the par 3 really?!?!?!
It just happened!

We tried to tell ourselves there's was plenty of golf to play yet,and we finished well. Had a lot of fun. The Seagull with the crab fu man chu on #16 was hilarious. We noticed it while on the ground and it was eating, but when it was flying away, crab in beak and appearing fu man chu flapping in the wind was the best!

I have to admit, on the back I had NO idea what Clarke and Brian or really Joe was shooting, everyone I feel was playing well, but I had a focus going on that I actually remember back thinking this was pretty damn neat!
Soon our round was winding down, I was happy I really felt like I done my job (Aside from 14), I was hitting fairways I believe 11/14 allowing Joe to bomb away and put me in better position to score, and I was largely taking advantage.

A FREAKING COMBINED 12 ON 14?!?!?!? lol

We soon found ourselves on #18. I hit the fairway allowing Joe to get after one, and he did!
He flew past the fairway, over the mounds, by the pump house 162 yards left to the pin. THPers at the green the pressure is on to make a good shot once again, I ended up off the green long and slight left, on the fringe, I was happy with my effort.

#OutingApproved on the line once again to one putt on the 18th green... Putter in hand (But off the green), Arguing with DevRickus about the validity of the upcoming shot... and JB confirming that I was NOT on the green, and would not considered a putt.
But, with a warning not to leave it short and long...

Gimme that shirt! I left it 6 inches away (even coers would give me this one!)
I was happy! I played good, as did my partner (aside from #14, and my few short putts, and turds)

I finished the back at 40, I have to admit I was SHOCKED! I was PROUD! Joe I think was just as happy as I was, I overheard him telling people "CJ played really good golf today" Brian also was complimentary, as was Clarke.
What a fun round!, The feelings I found within myself, The focus, it all really was amazing, shared with great guys!

I really had a great time, and I feel like I was a bit selfish, or something not really remembering a lot of details. I came into this event really struggling, I considered backing out. Doubting I could make the shots, doubting I could do my part.

Those doubts were erased, this day, I did my part.
Not to say Joe did not, he played well, real well. I truly believe we shot our feet on #14
I had a blast, and THAT'S what matters!

ForTheLoveOfGolf & Martsy played incredible! and deserved the win!
Congrats fellas!
I cant wait to see you guys at THE BEAR TRAP!

Thank you everyone for the congrats, kind words, high fives, and pats on the back!
It truly is appreciated.

Another well put together event!
Thanks Morgan, JB, and Mike!

Your hard work is appreciated!
Thank you!

I absolutely loved playing with you CJ. I hope we get another chance at the championship

I decided to wear my "fiery Coral" colored Under Armour shirt, much to everyone's (JB's and DevRickus' especially) delight

Lol - I had the identical shirt on Thursday - would have been really uncomfortable if we had shown up wearing them the same day!

I decided to wear my "fiery Coral" colored Under Armour shirt, much to everyone's (JB's and DevRickus' especially) delight

Lol - I had the identical shirt on Friday - would have been really uncomfortable if we had shown up wearing them the same day!

Pretty sure that a black hole would have opened up.

Lol - I had the identical shirt on Thursday - would have been really uncomfortable if we had shown up wearing them the same day!

haha and you sir were brightening up the shenanigans on thursday!

haha and you sir were brightening up the shenanigans on thursday!

I like your new avatar way better than that blue and red abomination you used to have.

I like your new avatar way better than that blue and red abomination you used to have.

yeah I figured you and Jesse would appreciate it.

gotta thank Lee for the great pictures.

yeah I figured you and Jesse would appreciate it.

gotta thank Lee for the great pictures.

She happily accepts chocolate! Lol kidding of course.

Played my first round today since OC. Gotta admit, it just wasn't as fun as it usually is. Don't get me wrong, it's golf and I enjoyed myself, but just can't replicate it.

Taps away

Played my first round today since OC. Gotta admit, it just wasn't as fun as it usually is. Don't get me wrong, it's golf and I enjoyed myself, but just can't replicate it.

Taps away

Should have taken your time...
#TrailOfTears

**friday PM reference**

Taps away

Needed to find an Arthur hills course!

Back