CJ. Knocking off 14 strokes in less than half a season is incredible progress.

Congrats on doing the work and showing so much improvement.

But you did forget to list a mileage goal...how many miles have you driven so far?

Practice properly and practice a lot

Finishing rebuilding my swing from the ground up

Drop my HC to a 10 by the end of the season

Be consistent

Compete in some local tourneys

Have more fun playing

My practice session are drill driven now, would still like to practice more

Full swing is just about rebuilt

I'm on my way as my score are coming down and my new PB is a 82

I'm getting more consistent especially from where I was

I have not done any of this yet but still some time

I'm definitely having more fun playing as my game gets more consistent and scores come down.

My goals are as follows:

I will not try to 'fix' or change my swing
Win #TheKing
Become automatic from 50 and in
Fix my long game permanently (woods/long irons)

- Failed
- Completed
- Not there yet, but getting better
- Not there yet. I will get there by years end though.

Mine is simple. Try and play at least 10 rounds this year. I've gotten a slow start because of an injury but once that's healed I'll be going hard.

Due to barely playing for three years, I can't believe where my goals are as of July 1 for the rest of the summer.

It started as hey, let's get to the mid 20s and go from there. Baby steps. Now it's all systems go, and a handicap of 18 is a reachable goal by the end of September (especially with lessons, which are coming).

Full steam ahead.

1. Handicap to 13

2. Make it into a major THP event

3. Play more golf with the family

4. Try to enjoy every moment on the course or the range to the max.

Play more
Work on my short game far more than trying to see how far I can kill my driver
Spend more time on the course and less time on the range

1. Already accomplished.

2. Started out good on this one, but I've slacked off. 41 putts in my last round tells me it's time to get back to work on it.

3. Not quite there yet... once I can get the driver issues relatively under control, I'll be a lot more comfortable on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not reached my goal on improvement as of now, but I am well on my way.
I WILL get there!

Started the year 36 down to 22.3.
I want 18, my short game is coming, and putting is coming, more distance would be HUGE!!

With 20-30 more yards I could be dangerous I think!

That's all you need dude. You're on the brink

Goals...sub 10 index
Respectable short game
Win the Morgan cup
Attend many thp events
And just have fun with golf...life is too short
Missed number 1 so far
Number 2 is getting there
Number 3 is imminent
Number 4 is a yes
Number 5 somewhat

Play varsity for my high school team

Break 80, maybe even get mid 70ish

Play 4-5 times a week once school ends

Have fun

1. Play for my varsity high school team: Yes, our team actually made it to state and I was a part of it.
2. Break 80: Yes, I broke 80 for the first time at state, shooting 78 on a par 72 course.
3. Play 4-5 times a week: Yes, and I hope to keep doing it.
4. Have fun: Yes, I enjoy every single minute I'm out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1. Play for my varsity high school team: Yes, our team actually made it to state and I was a part of it.
2. Break 80: Yes, I broke 80 for the first time at state, shooting 78 on a par 72 course.
3. Play 4-5 times a week: Yes, and I hope to keep doing it.
4. Have fun: Yes, I enjoy every single minute I'm out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well done buddy!! Sounds like you accomplished all your goals so far. Looks like it's time to make some new ones. Well done on the State team and playing well during states.

• Reduce my handicap to sub-20.
  • Improve my ball striking (Especially no more chunking pitch/chip shots from 5-10 yards off the green).
  • Relearn to hit my driver so I don't have to carry irons only.

I could list everything else about my game that needs to improve, but nobody's got time to read all of that.

So far so good with my progress. I think I was about a 27-28 before the season and I'm currently sitting at 23-24 after 2 months. By the end of the season I think I can get low enough.

My ball striking has improved immensely, especially around the green which was my weakness last year. I use to always count on an extra 2-3 shots over the last 20 yards just because I was so uncomfortable chipping and pitching around the green. I've maybe chunked 5 shots around the green so far this year. I still blade an occasional shot across the green but I'll handle that as they come.

I also started hitting my driver again this season. I've been fighting with trying to get the ball in the air to get the extra distance since most of my tee shots have been topping out at maybe 15-20 feet off the ground. The last couple of rounds I've played I've had some better success with this and have seen some good results.

12 is my magic number this years I can feel it coming.

Half way mark, time to see where I stand.

-Double my GIR and FIR percentages. So I guess four per round then :alien:
FIR improved, irons preventing me from the GIR

-Divorce my slice. It needs to go. I'll take a small fade over a banana in the woods.
Got rid of the slice, found a hook

-Continue working on my short game. Been doing a lot of chipping, pitching, hinge and hold, and picked up a few new wedges. I want to model my short game from Lefty. Really helps having a short par three course near by with a great driving range. I still need bunker work, had some embarrassing three strokes this past year.
Love pitching now, really do. More crisp hits and up & downs. Bunker play still needs work, but a huge improvement. Don't hinge and hold anymore, I just pop a strong chip. Dumped all the wedges for a lone 56*, learned how to hit it from 30-80y.

-Drop my handicap into the 20s. During the latter half of the year I felt my game piece together. I was still a horrid player, but things began to click and my hitting improved.
:rofl:

· Stat tracker. It seemed to help Barry know what he had to do to move forward.
· Play at least 20 courses; not necessarily new-to-me, just different.
· Play 75 rounds/1350 holes. 9 or 18 at a time, however it works out, but 1350 holes.
· Get back down to 10-12; I was a 12, snuck back to 13.9
· At least two THP events. Would prefer four, but luck and timing plays a part in two of those.
· Lose weight; pretty sure it will help my swing/swing consistency.
· Meet more THPers

· Not doing great at tracking stats. I have a rough idea what some of my numbers are, but after you lose/misplace a few cards with stats on them, you give up.
· I've now played a whopping sixteen different courses this year. Well over the pace to break 20.
· I'm up to 35 full rounds and 11 nines, for 729 holes.
· This one is frustrating as I'm still a 13.4 according to the USH index from THP. However, I've been practicing tons more, not just playing, so I still have six months.
· I was @ the Indy and Hilton Head Invitationals and will be kicking ass with #TeamEthanator in the #Gauntlet, so mission accomplished.
· Ummm. well....yeah
· Done! I got to finally meet some great long-timers this year already, as well as being reunited with some serious veterans of events. All have, and will continue to be, the greatest of people.
· Complete fail at tracking stats this year, but I started using GolfShot 1/2 way thru and am dedicated to it for all of 2015, so no excuses.
· I made it to 29 courses played. of which a whopping 16 were new to me. List is below.
· With two afternoons left, I'm sitting at 1377 holes played. Having three weeks this year where I played like 4-5 times really helped that number.
· I made it down to a 10.7 with all the practice for #TheGauntlet. Finished the season 11.3. See next.
· Not only did I not lose weight, I packed it on. Aside from my big desire to play much better, I've really noticed a hit on my overall health lately. #ThingsAreChanging
· Did three official events and plenty of get-togethers and met tons of new people.
· Overall, 2014 was a big winner, golf-wise! Next year's goals may be a little bit different.

2014 Course List
GA Veterans Memorial GC, Cordele, GA
Cherokee Pines GC, Perry, GA
International GC, Warner Robins, GA
Waterford GC, Bonaire, GA
Oakview G&CC, Macon, GA
Twin City CC, Tennille, GA
Pine Oaks GC, Robins AFB, GA
Landings GC, Warner Robins, GA
Uchee Trail GC, Cochran, GA
GA Nat'l GC, McDonough, GA
Lane Creek GC, Bishop, GA
Houston Lake CC, Perry, GA
Sea Island Resort, Seaside Course, Sea Island, GA
The Club @ River Forest, Forsythe, GA
Little Fishing Creek GC, Milledgeville, GA
TPC Sugarloaf, Duluth, GA
Southern Hills GC, Hawkinsville, GA
Milledgeville CC, Milledgeville, GA
Kinderlou Forest GC, Valdosta, GA
The Frog, Villa Rica, GA
Prairie View GC, Carmel, IN
Smock GC, Indianapolis, IN
The Fort Golf Resort, Indianapolis, IN
Purgatory GC, Noblesville, IN
Otte Family Golf (Par 3 course), Greenwood, IN
Palmetto Dunes Fazio. Hilton Head, SC
Palmetto Dunes RTJ, Hilton Head, SC
Palmetto Dunes Hills, Hilton Head, SC
RTJ Grand Nat'l, Opilika, AL

That's really a great year Sean! I enjoyed seeing you and playing golf with you at many courses this year and I hope we do the same next year. Great job on your goals and reaching most of them.

Back