Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

Good to see over half of us went with the SS. Gonna be fun to watch you guys roll this thing!

Are any of the Cleveland staffers going with the CB SS?

Likewise - I wanted to play it shorter than 38" (I'm not the tallest guy out there), and the Cleveland folks suggested 38" at the low end for balance issues. So I went standard length.

CB is RH only so I couldn't choose it, but really get along well with the standard heel shafted SS.

Another day sub 30 putts at 28, this is just working right now for me!
That's 2 or 3 straight sub-30 putt rounds for you. Just awesome.

Are any of the Cleveland staffers going with the CB SS?
The "almost belly" at 39" was anchored to my chin, so I had ruled it out immediately.

Good to see over half of us went with the SS. Gonna be fun to watch you guys roll this thing!

Really is. I know its not for everyone but those of us who went this route I think will be VERY happy we did.

Really is. I know its not for everyone but those of us who went this route I think will be VERY happy we did.

I think you will as well, I love seeing the feedback around this one recently, a lot of validation for me there in that respects from what I saw in review.

Its just a really good stick, and the squares work, period.

I think you will as well, I love seeing the feedback around this one recently, a lot of validation for me there in that respects from what I saw in review.

Its just a really good stick, and the squares work, period.

Exactly. And I think it is way more than a niche putter. The alignment is simply too good for that. I'll have a ton of thoughts for this one during and post MC.

Rolled this well today, but my green reading needs work!

Rolled this well today, but my green reading needs work!

I don't think it was your green reading, I think we are not used to greens that roll the well. We really need to play more on courses with greens that roll that good.

I don't think it was your green reading, I think we are not used to greens that roll the well. We really need to play more on courses with greens that roll that good.

What was the issue? Speed? Slope?

Mostly an unfamiliar course with fast speed. We were getting it toward the end of the round much better, but lots of missed opportunities early.
Yes we were. Finally started sinking some putts on the back 9.

2 rounds in today at 31 putts each on home course--happy with it on punched greens. No 3 putts, but missed some short birds and par saves with no true roll.

2 rounds in today at 31 putts each on home course--happy with it on punched greens. No 3 putts, but missed some short birds and par saves with no true roll.

That is pretty solid my man. Especially with the greens being that crappy.

I hit this at Golfsmith yesterday. Very reasonably priced too. Would have left with it but they didnt have a 33" so I picked up the Smart Sole S instead. Looks like I'm becoming a Cleveland Short Game fanboy.

Great job Ward!!! No 3 putts on the scorecard will keep the score low my friend. Keep it Up!!!

Spent a good 45 minutes with this putter today and just reinforced my decision in going with this. The confidence continues to grow with every putt.

Spent a good 45 minutes with this putter today and just reinforced my decision in going with this. The confidence continues to grow with every putt.

Putting with the smart square on the short knee knockers is so comforting. Another 18 today with no 3 putts--came close on one long uphill I left a little short but drained it with confidence for 2 putt par.

Putting with the smart square on the short knee knockers is so comforting. Another 18 today with no 3 putts--came close on one long uphill I left a little short but drained it with confidence for 2 putt par.

That is a great day man. This is a huge difference maker in scoring

Another Round on the Smart Square! with no 3 jacks! Also another scrambling round helped with both chipper and putter with 1 putts. 27 putts but the number is somewhat low considering I had a ton of great chips to 1 putt.

Back