What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Point taken, and I had a feeling that comment would get a response. Just my opinion, the RX's advertisement towards slower swing speed players(even David Feherty's commercials imply it's for "us" as we can't swing like "them") indicate to me it's meant for amateurs. Based on playing the ball, however; I find it every bit as good as almost all other tour made balls.

I know a few ladies on the LPGA play it and I probably have closer swing speed to them(101-103), so I guess it's a tour ball. Hell, Corey Pavin played a Titleist HP2 Tour golf ball aimed at non tour players!

Regardless of who it's made for its a mighty impressive ball at any price.

*****edit***** I was incorrect about the RX being cheaper than the B330-S.

Last edited:
I played 9 holes with a Pinnacle Gold Lady.

Awesome ball, the next time I see these, I will buy a dozen. Long and easy.

Point taken, and I had a feeling that comment would get a response. Just my opinion, the RX is price structure and advertisement towards slower swing speed players(even David Feherty's commercials imply it's for "us" as we can't swing like "them") indicate to me it's meant for amateurs. Based on playing the ball, however; I find it every bit as good as almost all other tour made balls.

I know a few ladies on the LPGA play it and I probably have closer swing speed to them(101-103), so I guess it's a tour ball. Hell, Corey Pavin played a Titleist HP2 Tour golf ball aimed at non tour players!

Regardless of who it's made for its a mighty impressive ball at any price.

Quite a few amateurs play the Pro V1 as well, and it's not a second tier.

Quite a few amateurs play the Pro V1 as well, and it's not a second tier.

I never said an amateur shouldn't play a "Pro" ball. I said that I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of a ball that is directly marketed towards slower club head speeds vs the "Pro" version that is played on tour.

I never said an amateur shouldn't play a "Pro" ball. I said that I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of a ball that is directly marketed towards slower club head speeds vs the "Pro" version that is played on tour.

Gotcha. Sorry if I read it the wrong way.

But I do think the days of a ball being designated just for pros is gone. I know at least a few guys who swing over 110 mph and can't break 90 and several that swing low 90's that are single digit players.

But I do understand your original point, that there are probably more 330S on tour than 330RX.

Like am idiot, I left my TP3s in my kitchen sink this AM.

So I played with a Hex Chrome+ and ProV1x..

Not much difference in the two but the chrome was a little shorter off the T box and had a Lil more roll out on chips.

Both solid off the irons and wedges

Go Big Orange

Played the Wilson FG Tour 2014 model.

Great off the tee and my irons, very durable as well. Distance seemed a little longer than my E5s, held greens pretty well, better than the E6s and RXs. Not as good as my E5s though.

I would consider gaming the ball if not for the price point. I would like to play this ball a little more consistently though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Sorry if I read it the wrong way.

But I do think the days of a ball being designated just for pros is gone. I know at least a few guys who swing over 110 mph and can't break 90 and several that swing low 90's that are single digit players.

But I do understand your original point, that there are probably more 330S on tour than 330RX.

I totally agree with you, ball technology and marketing is blurring the lines of "who" should play what ball.

Im really impressed with the RX, I purchased a sleeve today in optic yellow to play tomorrow!

Picked up some Srixon Z-StarX and put them in play. Long off the driver. Not as much spin as the Pro V1 but very predictable.

Iron flight is really good. Not bad for an "older" ball.

I've been playing Pro V1x for a while, I mean at least 10 years but recently tried Srixon Z Star XV and really really loved this ball. It's probably a little firmer and clicky but perfect in the wind and I'm pretty sure it will have a longer life span (as long as I don't end in the water on the #15 :) ) My guess is that I will play it for the rest of the season and if I'm not playing well, I will then have something to blame :)

I used a Z Star XV. I like the ProV1x and SR3 more but for $30 the XV is the best value on the market.

Been playing the E6, but bought a bonus pack that had a sleeve of 330-XS. Played the 330-XS and hit to places I have never reached at the home course. Spin on full shots was great, just need to work with chipping and putting characteristics. Love the ball, but not the price. I'm going to pay it, though.

Been playing the E6, but bought a bonus pack that had a sleeve of 330-XS. Played the 330-XS and hit to places I have never reached at the home course. Spin on full shots was great, just need to work with chipping and putting characteristics. Love the ball, but not the price. I'm going to pay it, though.

I bought the same pack, I'm anxious to see how the 330s work for me vs the more forgiving e6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played sr3 last round. Solid ball. Played with one ball until I put two in the drink on hole 11 then played one ball rest of the way out. Seemed to me that I coild get a full round out of the ball if I kept it in play but then it would go in the shag bag.

Callaway Hex Hot Pro - While I am still not a fan of this ball, I have played the same ball for 29 holes, which may be a record for me. It doesn't spin around the green quite as much as I would like, and it isn't the longest golf ball that I have hit recently. But it does spin nicely on approach shots and is pretty straight off the driver. I still have a dozen of these, they will continue to get play off and on until I lose them all.
It does look pretty beat up, even though it hasn't hit a tree or cart path, just a sprinkler head and the desert three times.

Nike ONE RZN.., saw them for $15 per dozen at local sports store. Normal play is B330S or V1X or TM tour preferred. I change based on how my luck is running in the match I'm playing. These one rzn were hot off the tee, decent in the wind and totally acceptable around the greens. Hit an iron into the second hole, trickled off and thought that ball should have stayed and not rolled off.
Out came the 330 S for the next hole, did not feel the jump off the driver, bogey, one rzn back in and finished well with it. With these harder balls, for some reason, I feel that all you have to focus on with the putting is the line and not worry about speed, just my picture and I putted well today. This ball is in until the next bad stretch of holes. Longer off tee, played with my usual suspects and I usually trail the best chopper in this group off the tee, but was with him all day. Irons were good into the greens, held well, except that rollout on #2. Think I will go back for some inventory control at 15/.

This is my third consecutive week playing the Supersoft. I am playing so much golf right now that the price is definitely a big bonus. The premium balls in my bag are currently TaylorMade Tour Preferred. The Supersoft is definitely longer for me. It doesn't have the stopping power of the Tour Preferred, but the feel is pretty good. I will say that I have a little bit more trouble with distance control on putts and chips with the Supersoft.

So is anyone, or has anyone played with the wilson zip? I purchased some to try because of price and really like them. They are soft, long and work well for me around the green. Tried playing a bridgestone e6 yesterday and srixon q star and didnt like them as well as the zip. Cant beat the price, most places are $1.00 or less a ball. For my game and where i play, i am not going to spend 40 plus a dozen for balls, just me.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

I played them a couple years ago in the winter, not a bad ball, not as low compression as the duo but it was a fun one to put in play, nothing life changing.

Played the Chrome+. Pretty good ball. My stepdad plays the nxt tour s so those are next on my radar

Tried the new Callaway supersoft. I admit I am impressed with the ball. It felt great off the putter and checked up nicely.

Played the Srixon Q Star yellow today and really liked it.

Bridgestone Tour B330. Performed like a champ in some windy conditions today.

Broke out the Nike RZN Black again today. I love everything about this ball. It is a solid performer.

Back