Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def. gotta get rid of the blow up holes too, had two 8's and a 7 on the card and still managed to pull out that 92.

yeah tell me about it, those double triples and worse hurt a lot.

What's up guys. Fellow masshacker coming up to Albany area for the 4th. I'm playing saratoga spa park Friday and saratoga national Saturday. Anybody play these recently or have any good tips? Never played either of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's up guys. Fellow masshacker coming up to Albany area for the 4th. I'm playing saratoga spa park Friday and saratoga national Saturday. Anybody play these recently or have any good tips? Never played either of them!

I've played Saratoga National a few months ago with Dean(Ddec) and Peter(O'Carroll) and it was gorgeous, as far as tips go... I shot 15 over my handicap on that course so I don't think I can help you... the course is not that hard but I had a terrible swing on that day

I played both, but very early in the year. They will be in much nicer condition this weekend, than when I played them. You will enjoy both courses. The practice area at Saratoga National may be the best I've seen myself (and included in the fee, so get there early). National is a tough course, but I shot my low round of the year (so far) there. It's a bit of target golf, so play to distances, and don't hesitate to leave the driver in the bag on a few holes. The Spa course is tighter and more tree lined (imo), but nothing too demanding. The 10th green is the most sloped (back to front) that I've ever seen. So keep your approach below the hole.

Guy I work with told me he played Spa over the weekend. Said the greens were good but everything else was kind of eh. My buddy at national said it's in really good shape right now.

Guy I work with told me he played Spa over the weekend. Said the greens were good but everything else was kind of eh. My buddy at national said it's in really good shape right now.
We should play this weekend. Oh wait...that's right...dangit.

We should play this weekend. Oh wait...that's right...dangit.
Sorry I'm making Dean take me on a vacation. Feel better soon!!

That's right I will be out of town. Soon my friend

Sorry I'm making Dean take me on a vacation. Feel better soon!!
I'm headed to Sacandaga for the week anyway. To NOT go swimming or do anything water related...other than fish beer out of the cooler.

Where are you guys headed?

I'm headed to Sacandaga for the week anyway. To NOT go swimming or do anything water related...other than fish beer out of the cooler.

We are heading out to Cape Cod.

My girlfriend's grampa is selling his cottage that's right on that lake. One of my favorite places I've ever been.

My girlfriend's grampa is selling his cottage that's right on that lake. One of my favorite places I've ever been.
Where on the lake? Do you know what town?

This is my buddy's "camp" right on the water in the Town of Day. This week will be the first time I've been there since it was finished.

97cf6172df402a8bef06fd96098f1bf6_zps7b9f62fd.jpg

Where on the lake? Do you know what town?

This is my buddy's "camp" right on the water in the Town of Day. This week will be the first time I've been there since it was finished.

97cf6172df402a8bef06fd96098f1bf6_zps7b9f62fd.jpg

Not exactly sure where on the Lake it is, but I'm like 87.8647% sure it's in the Town of Day. I'll confirm in the morning and let you know. That "camp" is effing gorgeous and her grandpa's setup is NOTHING like that lol.

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. Ya I haven't heard too much about spa but evrythingn I hear about national is just perfection. I can't wait! Our tee time isn't til 3 on Saturday so I'm sure were going to get there around 12. Take our time, enjoy the facilities get lunch and what not. I think 2 spots are open of anyone's around! I know it's kinda steep $$ but twilight starts at 3 so what the heck.

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. Ya I haven't heard too much about spa but evrythingn I hear about national is just perfection. I can't wait! Our tee time isn't til 3 on Saturday so I'm sure were going to get there around 12. Take our time, enjoy the facilities get lunch and what not. I think 2 spots are open of anyone's around! I know it's kinda steep $$ but twilight starts at 3 so what the heck.

Be sure to report back. I've been wanting to play that course for years now it seems.

I've already been making a push for Maddog to get more acclimated with social media for this exact contest.

Uh, Jimmy...I've seen his phone :)

teed it up in league action tuesday night, left 3 putts 6-8 inches short again. shot a disappointing 5 over 41. need to hit the practice green to get the feel back. no fun putting on slow greens

Just got off saratoga springs with a 80. Left a lot of strokes out there today but played decent. The course was a great layout, I enjoyed it. But the fairways aren't in the best shape. Greens but tee boxes and fairways are in rough shape. Saratoga National tomorrow!!

Just got off saratoga springs with a 80. Left a lot of strokes out there today but played decent. The course was a great layout, I enjoyed it. But the fairways aren't in the best shape. Greens but tee boxes and fairways are in rough shape. Saratoga National tomorrow!!

enjoy it! please take some pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back