Driver Miss - What Is Yours?

High on the toe.

low heel, high toe.

Impact tape shows me mostly on that diagonal, if I'm middle of the face horizontally, I'll usually be middle vertically too.

High on the face. Tend to get steeeeeep.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Low heel...or high toe.

High toe is my typical miss with the driver

Tends to be low heel for me

High on the toe. With an occasional low heel thrown in just to drive me nuts.

High towards the toe. And I mean HIGH.

Mine is usually high on the face, leading to sky balls, or sometimes but less often on towards the toe.

Mine is off the heel. When I take my time and concentrate on my set up, I'm usually fine, but when I rush through my routine I'll catch it off the heel of the club.

My miss on the driver face is usually low on the face. I will sometime "lift" the driver a little and that is the result.

My typical miss is low on the face. I'm usually still pretty close to the middle, but I'm more prone to miss heel side.

Slightly towards the toe... but its generally more an issue of an open face than where on the club face I am making contact.

I don't always miss, but when I do... it's highish and off the toe.

0917p5-The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg

Seriously though, I'm guessing this miss is when an old habit comes back (varying degrees of an OTT move) After one or two open-faced slicey-fades, I usually will sprinkle in an aggressive/handsy OTT snap hook... which goes 270... and by that I mean about 180yds forward and 90 yards right... lol

I've been working on the 'right-elbow pump' drill that panda put up, and it has helped.... but old habits die hard

Towards the heel. It's my miss with all my clubs.

Lately mine has been heel or high on the face

Low heal for me, or low center.

Low. It usually doesn't hurt me though as it still goes straight. My bigger issue is when I push my hips through too far and thrust out a nasty push or push fade.

High on the toe. It's less a miss than it it a semi-repeatable swing flaw for me. So I'll heavily judge a driver whether or not it's for me by how well it forgives this miss.

Right now, my driver miss is high and to the right. Way right. Even if I hit it in the middle of the clubface.

Typically a high block fade. As soon as it happens I know I didn't drive my right knee at the ball.

Edit:
After reading the original question.
high on the face towards the toe is my miss.

Last edited:
I tend to miss lower on the face and toward the heel.

Back