GMAMAS GOLF...How to NOT get what you want from a company. A lesson in politeness.

GMAMAS GOLF

Reaction score
Handicap
I don't know how many times you interact with a small business, but we get 100's of emails every day from existing or potential customers. We do our best to interact with everyone personally and make sure that the decisions we make regarding how we handle things are always fair.

I have always wanted a venue to display some of the more remarkable correspondences that we get and this seems like a great place.

Here is a nice lesson on how to not get what you want from a small business person. I can post our response if anybody is interested, but needless to say this person is no longer on our mailing list. I dont't know about you guys, but i almost always find that being nice is way more effective when dealing with descent successful people than being demanding. We get some that are a lot better than this. I will post as we get them. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Check out his/her title. Maybe the knee surgery business in not good right now.

I have bought items from you all for a long while now. I purchased my first pair of Adidas nuovo shoes from you and bought a second pair as well. Now I am looking to purchase a third and the price is higher now than it was two years ago!!! Absolutely ridiculous on your part. If u want to keep my business, and the tens of referrals if have sent your way, I expect to pay less dollars for the shoes I paid 89 dollars for 2 years ago (with free socks!)

If you want to keep my continued loyalty, then please make it worth my while. If not, please take me off your mailing list.

Sincerely,

XXX XXXXX, MD MS
Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction
XXXXX Orthopaedic Clinic
Winter Park, FL

I love what you guys have going on with your store, but I'm not quite sure as to the point of this thread

there is no point really. it just amuses me.

we will try to get some free stuff going going for you guys today.

here is another nice one from this morning.

Dear gmamasgolf,

What is your problem? Put items you intend to sell on EBay morons

- golferXXX

Ah so this will be the dumb/ignorant customer thread

Should be good for a few laughs

Not sure about this thread.

Think this could just go in the rant thread

Equal time for some "polite" customers?

I don't see the point of alot of threads on here yet you guys choose to point this one out?
For what it's worth I see why you made this thread and yes people can be completely off there rocker. I deal with the public everyday as well.

I like it!! Post more plz.. I get a chuckle as long as it's not me having to deal w/ difficult people

think this would be better served in off topic forum, as i don't see how this pertains to golf. And as far as customer impoliteness goes...if this is the worst you've seen, then i'd say you're in great shape. This is incredibly mild compared to what i've seen.

I worked in sporting goods for 8 years...I have some great stories. I could write a great book on Retail Hell

Go Big Orange

Guys,
If you dont like the thread, there is no reason to comment on it. If you do, thats fine too. No reason for any piling on however.

I always like inside stories. This should be a fun thread to follow.

I think the point of the thread is that the MD is an entitled douche and that had he approached it differently he could have been worked with. The entire statement of "They are more than what I paid 2 years ago" can be construed two ways, either he doesn't understand inflation, or, he does not realize that small changes were made in the product throughout the two years to keep it new and relevant, and as such the price remains mildly higher to recoup the R&D.

Either way, the email is a bit ridiculous, and he would have gotten a lot further with honey than vinegar and supposed referrals. I saw two of the type of shoe listed, one was $79.99 and the other $119.99. I am sure he is bringing up the latter, however, he can have the shoe $10 cheaper if he just chooses chocolate coloring instead of white.

I think the point of the thread is that the MD is an entitled douche and that had he approached it differently he could have been worked with. The entire statement of "They are more than what I paid 2 years ago" can be construed two ways, either he doesn't understand inflation, or, he does not realize that small changes were made in the product throughout the two years to keep it new and relevant, and as such the price remains mildly higher to recoup the R&D.

Either way, the email is a bit ridiculous, and he would have gotten a lot further with honey than vinegar and supposed referrals. I saw two of the type of shoe listed, one was $79.99 and the other $119.99. I am sure he is bringing up the latter, however, he can have the shoe $10 cheaper if he just chooses chocolate coloring instead of white.

exactly, and if he really is an MD... why is he worried about 30 bucks... are times THAT hard in Winter Park, FL

Welcome to my world! I have to deal with entitled snobs about every day. I usually get my point across most times without being a$$ but every once in a while someone has to be set straight and that usually means I have to be a little more stearn with them.

I don't know how many times you interact with a small business, but we get 100's of emails every day from existing or potential customers. We do our best to interact with everyone personally and make sure that the decisions we make regarding how we handle things are always fair.

I have always wanted a venue to display some of the more remarkable correspondences that we get and this seems like a great place.

Here is a nice lesson on how to not get what you want from a small business person. I can post our response if anybody is interested, but needless to say this person is no longer on our mailing list. I dont't know about you guys, but i almost always find that being nice is way more effective when dealing with descent successful people than being demanding. We get some that are a lot better than this. I will post as we get them. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Check out his/her title. Maybe the knee surgery business in not good right now.

I have bought items from you all for a long while now. I purchased my first pair of Adidas nuovo shoes from you and bought a second pair as well. Now I am looking to purchase a third and the price is higher now than it was two years ago!!! Absolutely ridiculous on your part. If u want to keep my business, and the tens of referrals if have sent your way, I expect to pay less dollars for the shoes I paid 89 dollars for 2 years ago (with free socks!)

If you want to keep my continued loyalty, then please make it worth my while. If not, please take me off your mailing list.

Sincerely,

XXX XXXXX, MD MS
Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction
XXXXX Orthopaedic Clinic
Winter Park, FL

I would not reply and I'd remove the name off your mailing list.

Very amusing, but probably not the best idea to reveal anything about the customer's identity. Just sayin'. It's not the wisest thing to do...

Back