Favorite Toys When You Were A Kid

My only toy when I was a kid was a hockey stick and a pair of roller blades.
I loved that old KoHo!

Koho...haven't heard that name in awhile :) I had a few of those.

Just picked these up.

u9yhy8uv.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen those...pretty cool.

Here's my battle damage He Man from way back when. It had gotten lost and I always wondered what happened to it. My brother found it in a box of stuff a few years ago and gave it to me for Christmas.

jevyvusa.jpg

Had a bunch of these guys - Micronauts

Micronaut-toys.jpg

This was the Evil Knievel motorcycle mentioned earlier. Worked inside or outside. We'd build ramps and jump that sucker. Would crash, but upright it self and keep going. Great stuff.
Evel-Knievel-Stunt-Bike.jpg

Man I had one of those! I loved that thing!

Here's my battle damage He Man from way back when. It had gotten lost and I always wondered what happened to it. My brother found it in a box of stuff a few years ago and gave it to me for Christmas.

jevyvusa.jpg

Love it those were my favorite when i was a kid

I also had more Star Wars action figures, ships and playsets than you could shake a stick at. Sold them all right as our house was finished and we were ready to move in. I didn't want to move them all once again so a guy from Alabama drove up with a small U-Haul, paid me 5 figures in cash and drove away with it all.

Mine would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutles. I had the whole collection and even special editions of them. I should try and find them. Bet they are worth a pretty penny now.

Mine would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutles. I had the whole collection and even special editions of them. I should try and find them. Bet they are worth a pretty penny now.
Turtles were by far my favorite too. I couldn't help but ponder these TMNT headcovers recently because of it haha.

For me it was that vibrating football game, forgot what it was called and collecting hockey cards. Was big into hockey

I was huge into Robotech/Macross as a kid. I had plenty of action figures and vehicles, along with some models I built. My favorite was the blue Alpha Veritech, aka Scott Bernard's fighter from the 3rd series. I was riding my bike to a friend's house with a bunch of my mecha in a plastic bag, and the Alpha went in between my wheel spokes and snapped in half. I was devastated... and then devastated again when eBay rolled around and I saw how much they were worth!

The tv-ified TMNT? I was big into the Eastman and Laird (the original artists for the TMNT comics). It was a pretty dark series. My BiL, a comic book artist himself, ran into Kevin Eastman at a comic book convention and had him do a drawing for me. It hangs in my office.

a4uqurup.jpg

The tv-ified TMNT? I was big into the Eastman and Laird (the original artists for the TMNT comics). It was a pretty dark series. My BiL, a comic book artist himself, ran into Eastman at a comic book convention and had him do a drawing for me. It hangs in my office.
That would be so cool, I enjoyed the comics as well. Anything to do with TMNT I was all over

Turtles were by far my favorite too. I couldn't help but ponder these TMNT headcovers recently because of it haha.
Nice lol, I would rock the TMNT headcovers for sure. Leonardo prefarably.

When I wasn't outside these were my favorites. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405533041.133972.jpg

I still have one of these in my attic. I have the Atari adapter for it as well. Only problem is that if you have enough static electricity on you when you plug in the controllers, you can fry the octal buffers. Which is why my ColecoVision is currently in the attic. If I knew how to solder, I'd have fixed it by now. Actually you can re-rig it where you can plug them into a socket, so if it happens again it's simply unplug the burned out one, and plug in a new one.

Last edited:
The tv-ified TMNT? I was big into the Eastman and Laird (the original artists for the TMNT comics). It was a pretty dark series. My BiL, a comic book artist himself, ran into Kevin Eastman at a comic book convention and had him do a drawing for me. It hangs in my office.

a4uqurup.jpg
Very cool looking drawing

When i was a kid my favorite toys were a tie between legos and K'netx. And people wonder why I went into engineering....

Very cool looking drawing
Awesome!!! I admit I am jealous. A little off topic but..
Has any old school TMNT seen the new one they released this year? I could not watch it as they totaly ruined the series. The look of the turtles....no comment. And the story seems lame, I mean turtles in the mountains? And giant transformer things. Thats not what the series is about. Guess that is what happens when you get the director of transformers which he ruined as well.

That book ... is a must buy. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

You're welcome! Thanks for posting that picture. I love that drawing.

Back