Top tips to cure the slice ?

Gwilsoncfc

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi I am trying everything that I read and know to cure my driver slice ....grip change ...slow takeaway ....etc etc anyone got any useful ideas as to how I can improve ? Yes I am a high handicapper and have been fitted with some G25s. All other clubs are straight ...so it's definitely a driving problem
I will buy some beers for the best answer that helps... Lol. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My instructor cleared up my slice with one lesson. I can still slice if I get lazy, but my main miss is more of a pull now.

Is there a video of your swing?

Offset driver, just aim and swing.

Offset driver, just aim and swing.

Not to sound blunt, but I'm really hoping this isn't a serious post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Make sure the face is square/closed at address. That was my issue. Also try shortening back swing a bit. Slice is ALWAYS an open club face. Golf school instructor taught me that.

My instructor cleared up my slice with one lesson. I can still slice if I get lazy, but my main miss is more of a pull now.

Deuce is leading you in the right direction, get a lesson or post a video to see if Freddie can help you out. There's a lot of things that can lead to a right to left ball flight.

Last edited:
Make sure the face is square/closed at address. That was my issue. Also try shortening back swing a bit. Slice is ALWAYS an open club face. Golf school instructor taught me that.

A slice is caused by swing path, not club face.

Mark is right. I'm 90% sure with my driver swing it is square at the moment of impact, however my outside-in or OTT (whichever you wanna call it) swingpath causes my wickedly bad slice.

I had a slice to start today and fixed it after 3-4 holes by adjusting my posture. I was bending too far and hunching my shoulders. After standing more upright I was straight as an arrow.

There's different reasons or causes for slicing. If you know what to look or feel for it's an easy fix. If not go see a professional!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I used to hit monster slices with my driver until I found one drill to fix my swing path. It is taught by Hank Haney and it is taking you backswing in a reverse loop starting the club waaaayyyy outside on the takaway and coming back inside out through the swing. There are a few videos on YouTube that illustrate this. It is supposed to be more of a drill and not for hitting balls at the range, but I spent a lot of time hitting at the range and played a few rounds swinging with that ugly takaway. I would go so far as to almost pick the club straight up from address and focus on full shoulder turn at the top. I have now progressed to a normal backswing and can feel the club finding the slot on the downswing all thanks to this drill.

Strong lofted 3 wood..

Guys, if you don't have anything constructive to say, please don't say anything.

To the OP, I'd like it if you could post a video. Stabs in the dark is what you've been doing. More stabs won't help,your slice. I don't want to offer any band aid tips that will only frustrate you more.

This. You have to swing from the inside or you are putting a band aid on a knife wound. Just saw a soccer ball drill by Michael breed that will help because you take away inside the ball and swing though inside. Search on golf channel website. Also you can set a piece of 2 x 4 just open to the target an practice swinging just undid the piece of wood.

Message me and I can send a pic of the wood drill tomorrow

This. You have to swing from the inside or you are putting a band aid on a knife wound. Just saw a soccer ball drill by Michael breed that will help because you take away inside the ball and swing though inside. Search on golf channel website. Also you can set a piece of 2 x 4 just open to the target an practice swinging just undid the piece of wood.

This statement is not true. Inside to out is not the only way to swing the club

This statement is not true. Inside to out is not the only way to swing the club

Inside to out is also not the only way to fight a slice

Back