2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

I did the same thing Randy. I can hardly wait. I know there are two great THP events ahead of this one. But it is certainly on my countdown list.

I was looking through the pictures in the 2011 outing thread and got really excited again about this trip. So happy to be able to have this experience with my THP friends.

Looking back, I wonder if i-bar will be letting THPers do the 2 for 1 drinks again haha

Omy Gosh! You guys are gonna have so much fun on this course, in this town .. wow! What a freakin deal too!
I had the pleasure of playing this course about 8 or 9 years ago .. whewww .. loved it!
Perfect time of year also!

I was looking through the pictures in the 2011 outing thread and got really excited again about this trip. So happy to be able to have this experience with my THP friends.

You all are in for a treat broski!

I'd appreciate input on a flight option, as I don't really fly with Delta and I've never been to Atlanta. The premium option for getting home involves a 7am Delta flight home with a 45 minutes layover in Atlanta where we would have to switch planes. Is Delta reliable? Can I count on making that connecting flight with just 45 minutes leeway? Is the ATL airport manageable enough to do the plane switch in that amount of time?

ATL is a big airport but 45 minutes is plenty enough time to switch there.

As for Delta's reliability I can't speak to that as I have flown them maybe twice in the past 6 or 7 years.

But ATL is obviously Deltas hub so they should have many flights out if for some reason your incoming flight is delayed.

I think you're fine in booking that option.

Last edited:
I'd appreciate input on a flight option, as I don't really fly with Delta and I've never been to Atlanta. The premium option for getting home involves a 7am Delta flight home with a 45 minutes layover in Atlanta where we would have to switch planes. Is Delta reliable? Can I count on making that connecting flight with just 45 minutes leeway? Is the ATL airport manageable enough to do the plane switch in that amount of time?

I always fly Delta with their skymiles and never had an issue connecting in ATL. Most of the time the connecting flight is in the same terminal as ATL is their hub. If not that airport has a people mover / train that'll get you to a terminal in minutes.

All I can say is get them booked. The ones I booked a month or so ago are now $40 more.

All I can say is get them booked. The ones I booked a month or so ago are now $40 more.

Some I looked at just for kicks went up $50 overnight. This is going to be such an awesome event, can't wait fellas.

Waiting for the complete funds come in so I can pay for it all at once, hope but the end of the week. My tickets are running about $90 each way.

Waiting for the complete funds come in so I can pay for it all at once, hope but the end of the week. My tickets are running about $90 each way.

That's a great price. Going out of BWI , Reagan or Dulles?

I'm going out of BWI for $237 round trip.

That's a great price. Going out of BWI , Reagan or Dulles?

I'm going out of BWI for $237 round trip.

Yes it's going out of BWI with South West. We are leaving on Friday and coming back Monday.

It is going to FLL cause we had a lot more options with flights

Last edited:
Yes it's going out of BWI with South West. We are leaving on Friday and coming back Monday.

I fly back on SW Monday as well. I leave at 6:15 PM. I can either work from one of our hotels that day and save a vacation day or of the knee is up to 4 days of play in a row, I can play a final round if anyone is looking to play that day.

I fly back on SW Monday as well. I leave at 6:15 PM. I can either work from one of our hotels that day and save a vacation day or of the knee is up to 4 days of play in a row, I can play a final round if anyone is looking to play that day.

I think we are leaving Monday around 10ish on the morning.

I fly PBI to ATL all the time and frequently do a 45 min connect with little to no problem. However, I don't normally check bags (and I assume you're checking clubs). I think you should still be OK, but YMMV.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I think we're going to do that flight for the trek home and are leaning heavily toward taking a Wednesday night red eye to get there earlier Thursday. PBI airport both ways.

We were talking about this trip a lot last night on date night. My wife is really excited for her first THP event and looks forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I think we're going to do that flight for the trek home and are leaning heavily toward taking a Wednesday night red eye to get there earlier Thursday. PBI airport both ways.

We were talking about this trip a lot last night on date night. My wife is really excited for her first THP event and looks forward to meeting everyone.

Looking forward to meeting you and the wife Frank. What a great experience it will be for her.

I'm pretty sure dhartmann and I are playing another round on Monday before leaving Monday evening.

I'm pretty sure dhartmann and I are playing another round on Monday before leaving Monday evening.

Yes, yes we are :)

From The HTC One Blue!

Yes, yes we are :)

From The HTC One Blue!

Cool I will have to wait and see how the knee holds up over the weekend. But come Sunday night if the spot is still open and I'm still waking I may see if I can join you.

Wait. What time are you flying out on monday and returning? ME and the girlfriend are flying SW same days haha

I just got notification, I am in, what an awesome way to start a monday morning :)

Wait. What time are you flying out on monday and returning? ME and the girlfriend are flying SW same days haha

Bryan, most likely we are going to be taking the 11:45 flight out (gets in around 2:20) and leaving Monday on the 9:35 flight. Any of the flights you're on?

I just got notification, I am in, what an awesome way to start a monday morning :)

Well, this just popped up while I was writing Bryan back! Congrats Sposey, what a wonderful way to start the morning! Wonder who dropped?

Congrats sposey. Unfortuantly I had to drop out. Work informed me my new machine would be installed that weekend and since im the only operator i will have to be there. Sucks but work is work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back