Asics GEL-Ace Tour Sunbelt

apriliamille

Reaction score
Handicap
not sure
Hello,
for those who have not seen some of my other posts i have/had been hunting for shoes that let me enjoy my golf outings with all the prior injuries i have had. walking is painfull and jogging/running is near impossible.
i got a pair of asics linksmaster that is in a thread but i wanted a pair that was cooler in the hotter months plus all my road shoes have the leverage/anchor lace system. these shoes fit that bill. i believe these shoes are a generation newer then the linkmasters. they have a different tread pattern and they came with softspike pulsar pins instead of the champ stinger tri lock. and they actually feel softer to my feet and legs in my first use of them today on the course. im not going to get rid of the linksmasters they feel good also, just going to demote them to wet and cooler conditions.
here are some photos to show them next to my linksmasters and nike fi. i got rid of the puma so i can show a comparison to them outside of referring to my linksmasters post to see that photo. the last photo shows how i lace them for the anchor. i order my road shoes and these shoes a half size larger for a more open toe box but still get an ankle anchor. (marathon runner taught me this)

edit. i ordered in a pair of asics cross trainers. they use the same upper shoe that the sunbelts do. they are based off the GEL-Craze TR

by the way can someone pm me how to create spoiler tabs so i dont have a ginormous godzilla post?
Spoiler
2v0hpxg.jpg

Spoiler
288um1x.jpg

Spoiler
15xwh9v.jpg

Spoiler
24erv2r.jpg

Last edited:
To use spoilers, in a reply click on go advanced. You will see all the buttons above the reply box. Bottom right will have an S with a line through it. Do not use that one (that is strike through). Directly to the left of that you will see a button with letters that starts SPO. Highlight what you want under the spoiler and click that button.

sorry just a quick post before going to work. so i create a first post then put the photos in the 2nd post via reply using the spo button with in that reply?

sorry just a quick post before going to work. so i create a first post then put the photos in the 2nd post via reply using the spo button with in that reply?

No, you can do it in the original posts as well. When creating a thread, click on the same button described above.

ahh i think i got it. got one as a spoiler.
edit. got em all
thanks JB

just a little update. after a month of them. got 2x9 holes, probably 10 range buckets on them and 2 weeks ago i joined an indoor range. ive done an hour each day after work on the way home. my feet are just as happy as the first day i got these shoes. unfortunately i also have gel linksmasters and i dont think i will wear them any time soon, i like these ones better. they both feel good on the feet the linksmasters elevates me a bit on my heels

just a little update. after a month of them. got 2x9 holes, probably 10 range buckets on them and 2 weeks ago i joined an indoor range. ive done an hour each day after work on the way home. my feet are just as happy as the first day i got these shoes. unfortunately i also have gel linksmasters and i dont think i will wear them any time soon, i like these ones better. they both feel good on the feet the linksmasters elevates me a bit on my heels

I have the Asics Gel Tours (I think - I got them off ebay but they look like your linksmasters) and they're really comfortable but I do feel like I'm standing higher than I used to, and I've struggled a bit to avoid thinned shots. Are you saying the new Asics have lower heels?

i just put the linksmaster on the left foot and sunbelt on the right foot. there is a slight height increase in the linksmaster. i feel a tad more weight on the ball of my left foot. the first photo doesnt really show a huge height increase but i do know i have to hit a bucket the night before i wear them and a bucket the same morning of playing. i have not yet reached a year in the world of golf so im not experienced enough yet to do a fast adaptation. there is a review on amazon under the linksmaster of someone having the same issue with being a little taller in the heel. what im not sure of is what is causing it. i do know the champ stinger cleats (on the linksmaster) are a taller cleat then the softspike pulsar. it shouldnt matter if same brand cleat is used entirely. but if you look at pic 1 and pic 2 there is a spike on the heel of the linksmaster vs the sunbelt. if asics wasnt so under the radar in golf shoes id sell the linksmasters and pick up gel ace tour 3 as the sunbelt is based off this shoe with same softspikes.

one thing is for sure, i have a pair of nike FI and had worn puma. these asics are glorious feet candy on my feet and pins in my knee. it will take a serious shoe and a shoe test privilege to knock me away from these golf shoes as im not about to blow 200 plus bucks on esoteric / hardcore shoes to wear them into the used category to find out.

Thanks for the info. I really really like my Asics tour aces. It is odd that such a huge running shoe company gets no play in local shops.

i wonder if it is the same reason that mizuno isnt in the u.s. market. i read some where that they arent going to even bother competing in a very saturated market. haha pondering this type of reason can be endless. maybe because they arent in partnership with a golf company (that i know of) like adidas, puma, nike and footjoy? i also havent seen a huge push for the new balance shoes. i wouldnt have even known about new balance if it wasnt for thp preview on them

wow the Gel Ace looks amazing. I might have to pick up a pair just for the color set up.

i did an edit to original post
these shoes are based off the cross training shoes GEL-Craze TR

Back