Cleveland 588 TT vs. TM Speedblades

scgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to get a set of irons and interested in these two sets. I have hit the 6 iron of both sets and really like both. I have had good success in the past with the lighter shafts and both of these come standard with 85 grams steel shafts. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on these two, esp. from those that are gaming these or have hit both. The 588 TT are $499.99 for the 4-DW which is a plus.
Thanks

If you know where to look, the SpeedBlades will around the same price or maybe even cheaper. There's quite a huge thread on the SpeedBlades here, and there has to be one on the TTs.

Personally, I preferred the Speedblades head to head. Both are really solid iron sets, but the Speedblades are honestly the second best set I have played in the last two years, and I still say they are the best set TM has put out in YEARS. They launch a little higher for me and were longer, for my swing.

I like both sets you have listed. For me the SpeedBlades win though. Better looks, forgiveness, and easily more distance. The TTs were really high on my list last year. Just the Speedblades are better IMO.

I actually preferred the Cleveland set, though I'll qualify that with the fact that I tried the Cleveland clubs in the correct length, while the Speedblade I tried was longer than ideal for me. Another advantage is the ability to mix and match the MT and Altitudes at the lower lofts if that's something you'd be interested in doing. The MT 4 and 5 iron were stupid easy to hit.

I actually preferred the Cleveland set, though I'll qualify that with the fact that I tried the Cleveland clubs in the correct length, while the Speedblade I tried was longer than ideal for me. Another advantage is the ability to mix and match the MT and Altitudes at the lower lofts if that's something you'd be interested in doing. The MT 4 and 5 iron were stupid easy to hit.

Much of what I have hit from TM has been much longer than I am comfortable with length wise

Spent lots of time with both.

At address, the TT is a better looking iron to me. A little smaller profile and a nice squared off shape.

Didn't see a remarkable difference in distance, but the SB's were a little longer. Forgiveness again is close-ish, but the edge to the SB's for my misses at the time (lower on the face or the toe). Neither felt all that great compared to some others out there.

Back