Today may be the biggest (golf-related) day of my life so far

Holy moly, that's a lot of money!

The course I'm member at has yearfees: about €1050 per year. That's roughly $1450. Now it's not a fancy club..
I'm thinking of moving to another club that does year-fees without initiation. They ask €1400 per year, about $1900 or so. That's one of the better courses withing 45 minutes driving for me. There's four clubs that are better:
The Kennemer (links course where the Dutch open is played), has a waiting list of over 10 years.
Houtrak that's about €2250 per year, no initiation.
The Dutch, I'm guessing €5.000 per year ($6800) and €100k initiation ($137k)
The International, maybe a bit cheaper then The Dutch, but still a lot of money.

Actually I would jump all over the deal he has if I was in that area. And yours as well.

Holy moly, that's a lot of money!

The course I'm member at has yearfees: about €1050 per year. That's roughly $1450. Now it's not a fancy club..
I'm thinking of moving to another club that does year-fees without initiation. They ask €1400 per year, about $1900 or so. That's one of the better courses withing 45 minutes driving for me. There's four clubs that are better:
The Kennemer (links course where the Dutch open is played), has a waiting list of over 10 years.
Houtrak that's about €2250 per year, no initiation.
The Dutch, I'm guessing €5.000 per year ($6800) and €100k initiation ($137k)
The International, maybe a bit cheaper then The Dutch, but still a lot of money.

It's just all relative to where you are. I'm paying the high end for my area, but go over to the coast and the prices are WAY higher than here. I know there are places in the mid-west and outside CA in general, that are cheaper than what I'm paying. There are cheaper clubs around here as well, but when you factor in how much you'd spend on the extra driving, (even just 15 miles or so adds up over the course of a month) and the fact that this club is a great environment for me kids with lots of junior players their age, it just made sense to spend a bit more.

Those prices are fantastic where you are, Floor-is! Are those fully private courses or semi-private?

Very nice! That's a good track, and I'm sure you'll like it there. Again, congrats to you and your family!

Thanks. If you're ever in the area, hit me up! Also, take a look at the "Northern California Get Together" thread. We've got a healthy group of northern Cal guys who get together to play every couple of months. We're talking Monterey end of next month and you're welcome to jump in.

Congrats and good luck!

It's just all relative to where you are. I'm paying the high end for my area, but go over to the coast and the prices are WAY higher than here. I know there are places in the mid-west and outside CA in general, that are cheaper than what I'm paying. There are cheaper clubs around here as well, but when you factor in how much you'd spend on the extra driving, (even just 15 miles or so adds up over the course of a month) and the fact that this club is a great environment for me kids with lots of junior players their age, it just made sense to spend a bit more.

Those prices are fantastic where you are, Floor-is! Are those fully private courses or semi-private?
I was thinking: that $400/month, is that for you alone or the whole family? If the latter, then it's an awesome deal.

The courses I've written about are private in the sense that they are privately owned. All are open to the public, if you are willing to pay the greenfee. I think we don't have courses here that are (partially) owned by the government :)

I was thinking: that $400/month, is that for you alone or the whole family? If the latter, then it's an awesome deal.

The courses I've written about are private in the sense that they are privately owned. All are open to the public, if you are willing to pay the greenfee. I think we don't have courses here that are (partially) owned by the government :)

I would imagine that the OP is referring to a private course where your dues pay for all your golf, tennis, gym etc activities and the public does not have access to the course except on limited invitation by a member or during a member/guest tourney.

Yes, that gives my entire family playing privileges. Honestly, I was never able to justify the expense of paying for a club based on just me playing golf. Doesn't pencil out. But with 3 kids that play and want to practice non-stop, it actually makes sense. We've got a few courses in our area that have deals kind of like where you are. $100/month or so gives you unlimited playing access. But even multiply that times 5 people and it's more expensive than a fully private club and you still have to deal with the crowds. I had actually thought about doing something like that myself, but this just worked out better for us as an entire family.

I would imagine that the OP is referring to a private course where your dues pay for all your golf, tennis, gym etc activities and the public does not have access to the course except on limited invitation by a member or during a member/guest tourney.

Yes, this is correct. Fully private, equity club that's limited to 400 members. Unfortunately, this club doesn't have tennis or a pool, but the course, location, etc. are fantastic.

Just a quick update. After the longest month and a half of my life, our membership became effective on the 1st. It's been the hottest stretch we've had all summer so far and we haven't had a day under 100 degrees yet, but the family has been getting out there pretty regularly already. I played in a shotgun start on the 4th and we've taken the kids out to play 4-5 holes a couple of times. So far it's been awesome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Congrats Eddie sounds like the Family is having fun with it

A couple shots of the family on the course this weekend
uhupasud.jpg
y8e8azas.jpg
e4y5etyr.jpg
5yhavara.jpg
jehasa2e.jpg

edit: these shots didn't look blurry on the phone screen. That's what I get for zooming I guess!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

love seeing this

Awesome pics! Wish I could get my wife and daughter to go with me...

Congrats on the membership and fun times ahead! Price-wise it's definitely on par with "higher" CC's in the area. Have a friend whose dad is a member at the Kings Country Club and monthly is the same, initiation fluctuates and can be higher or lower. I hope one day I can have a reason to make the same move as you!

Looks good nice looking course

Congrats on the membership and fun times ahead! Price-wise it's definitely on par with "higher" CC's in the area. Have a friend whose dad is a member at the Kings Country Club and monthly is the same, initiation fluctuates and can be higher or lower. I hope one day I can have a reason to make the same move as you!

Are you in Fresno or down there in the Kingsburg area? You're talking about KRCC, right? I've never been there, only driven by, but it looks like a pretty course.

Looks good nice looking course

It's in great shape, buddy. Anytime you want to venture down my way, you know who to call!

It's in great shape, buddy. Anytime you want to venture down my way, you know who to call!

I will take you up on that offer sometime after harvest

Last edited:
Congrats on the family membership! :clapp:

Congrats!!!!! You will love it!! My family made the investment last year, and the course is great (Robert treat Jones sr. course), but the members have been awesome to get to know and very inviting!!!!

My wife has joined the ladies golf league, and we play couples league....and yes kiddos love pool and milk shakes during pool visits...we rarely don't have their friends at the pool with them....took my daughter to pool tonight with her friend, while I hit the range....works out very well!!!

Congrats!!!!

it is all about proximity, we too could have chosen cheaper, but with our club as close as yours, we go more, and can swing by and drop kids off or go for 30 minutes to putt or whatever...what I spend extra in dues I make up for in convenience and gas savings....

Back