Callaway X2 Hot Deep Fairway Woods

Man, I love hitting the 5deep off the tee, only to be the last one in my 4some to hit their second shot and have someone in my group say "wait, that was a 5 wood off the tee?"

#ridonkulong

Man, I love hitting the 5deep off the tee, only to be the last one in my 4some to hit their second shot and have someone in my group say "wait, that was a 5 wood off the tee?"

#ridonkulong
That has to be an awesome feeling!

I wouldn't be surprised to see people being longer off the tee with the 5deep than the 3deep just because launch angle and quality of the stroke...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised to see people being longer off the tee with the 5deep than the 3deep just because launch angle and quality of the stroke...

Can you elaborate a bit on that?

Hmmmm....physics says otherwise

The same person with the same swing will hit the 3deep farther than the 5deep. That is like saying people will hit their 8 iron longer than their 7 iron...

Someone with a slow swing speed that doesn't control the club as well will benefit from more loft (+4 degrees) and a shorter shaft (-.75).

Hence lots of amateurs hit their 3 wood longer than their driver.

My 4 iron goes farther than my 3 iron, i carry it farther (launch angle) and the quality of the stroke is better.

If you are a good ball striker that doesn't have a problem with longer shafts and low lofts, then my post was not intended a you :)

Is this what you have found or are you throwing the idea out there?

Edit: saw the explanation.

Still don't understand the idea, but it's out there.

I understand where he is coming from on this, and agree with him. Everyone seems to have a point in their bag with the longer clubs where you begin to see diminished returns or even with exception of that one swing overall worse results on average that on the next more lofted/shorter club. Has a lot to do with their clubhead speed, angle of attack, etc. The added loft of the 5Deep would help offset side spin, and the shorter shaft may allow more consistent centered contact on the face. The result could be less side to side dispersion and even longer if you hit the sweet spot more consistently. Same reason people are reducing the length of the shaft in their driver and/or using one with more loft.

In theory I should be able to hit a 2Deep further than the 3Deep. In reality I hit the 3Deep as far and with less dispersion. That is as far as the Peter Principle of my golf swing will take me for now. I could have made a case to only go with the 5Deep, but did get longer average results at least on the simulator.

I understand where he is coming from on this, and agree with him. Everyone seems to have a point in their bag with the longer clubs where you begin to see diminished returns or even with exception of that one swing overall worse results on average that on the next more lofted/shorter club. Has a lot to do with their clubhead speed, angle of attack, etc. The added loft of the 5Deep would help offset side spin, and the shorter shaft may allow more consistent centered contact on the face. The result could be less side to side dispersion and even longer if you hit the sweet spot more consistently. Same reason people are reducing the length of the shaft in their driver and/or using one with more loft.

In theory I should be able to hit a 2Deep further than the 3Deep. In reality I hit the 3Deep as far and with less dispersion. That is as far as the Peter Principle of my golf swing will take me for now. I could have made a case to only go with the 5Deep, but did get longer average results at least on the simulator.

By far a better explanation of what i tries to say haha...

Early review with my 3Deep is I could not be happier with it. Played a few holes tonight and it is long and a fairway finder. First hole is a dogleg par 5 that I usually hit driver on. If you get past the corner with the trees you can go at the green in two. It pushed it slightly but nice ball flight that I thought would be short of the corner under the trees in the rough. Looked where I thought it would be, only to look up and find it in the fairway about 20 yards further than I thought. It was about 10-15 yards short of when I really connect with a driver on that hole.

Next hole is a dogleg left that I usually hit driver on. Hit the 3Deep to the exact spot I usually reach when I hit a decent drive, but not a great one. Still left me only 100 yards out on a 350ish par 4. Hit the 3Deep of the other two holes I played last night with the same results. In the middle of the fairway, 10-15 yards short of where I usually am when I hit a good driver. So looks like I found a keeper.

Played 18 with the 3Deep today and it has become my go to fairway finder. Never even pulled out the driver today since I was long enough with it, and consistently hitting the fairway.

Played 18 with the 3Deep today and it has become my go to fairway finder. Never even pulled out the driver today since I was long enough with it, and consistently hitting the fairway.

You hit it extremely well today. If you get the height up just a tad then it will be even better!

You definitely played it well today. Why would you want to use driver with that many fairways hit hit with the 3Deep today.

You hit it extremely well today. If you get the height up just a tad then it will be even better!
Yeah still working with the tee height to use. But I will take a little lower and straighter than a little higher and less straight for now. I did tee it up a little higher on 13 today and was only 60 out in the middle of the fairway. Higher ball flight and little more carry. So just need to replicate that shot a couple of times to be confident in it.

So my 5-Deep has been easy off the tee since I got it. Most recent round I was killing it off the turf (OK, only 3 hits but they were all great). Funny thing is that I couldn't hit it from the tee. It seems like i hit it well from the turf OR the tee. Fun club and worth the father's day sale price by a long shot - just need to dial it in a bit!

I thought I was going to like the X2 Hot 3deep, but ended up trading it in. It was long, but only 1/3 shots were good. I love the X2 line, but just couldn't get this one to work.

image-5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Guess this is the downside to the ultra thin face. The ball before this happened sounded like I hit a broken ball. Teed up another one and it imploded. Good thing is the last time I had the face of an XHot hybrid crack, they replaced it in 3 days. Gonna be a long weekend not having this for my rounds though.

I can honestly say I have never seen that.

Holy eff dude, that's unbelievable. Never ever seen that. Must've been defective or something.

Wow! That's just crazy. I don't think I swing hard enough to do that....unless I'm hitting a rock

Hit my new X2 Hot Pro 15* on the range today for the first time. Nice to hit a fairway straight again. The feel on this thing when hit on the sweet spot is just amazing. I can't wait to get it on the course to see what happens!

I can honestly say I have never seen that.
One of our cart guys competes in long drive and has seen several crack clubs. Even he said he had never seen one do that. Sounded awful too. Our teaching pro was about halfway down the range when it happened, and looked up to see what happened.

I've managed to crack the face of my current fairway wood, which means I should have some store credit coming my way.

I use my fairway from both the tee and the deck and I'm currently puzzling over 3Deep and 5Deep... just hoping a 5Deep is in stock to allow for a head-to-head comparison.

I'm pondering a 2Deep to swap out for my driver. I've been hitting my 4 wood like butter, but my driver and I have been...disagreeable of late.

Picked up the 3Deep and 5Deep to help give me some options on my long game. My Driver has not been very special this year, and i think these can really help. I had the X2 hot 4 wood, that i liked, and had some good results with, but love the looks and shafts in the Deep(s) a little more.

Back