Contest #1 - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

My plan is a lot of what I've already been doing for the Gauntlet. Lessons, practice, a lot of putting, match play practice against some folks better than me, playing rounds at new and more difficult courses, and of course hopefully getting lucky enough to get in to compete with Cookie and 6 other lucky folks. This would be such a gas to get into. It's going to be awesome seeing the team take shape this year.

To answer Harry's question, I've worked my butt off to get my game to where it's at this year. Lessons have paid off and I believe it showed at #TheKing as I was named MVP. As cool as that was, my team lost. That was a longgg ride back to GA knowing that no matter how well I do individually, it's a team event.

If I'm lucky enough to be on Team #BasementDwellers, I will be there to support my team and get them as ready as possible to take down the #ZooCrew at #TheGrandaddy. I don't ever want that feeling of winning the battle, but losing the war again. Excited for the opportunity and even if I don't make it I'll still be here rooting on my fellow THPers in their journeys.

Redemption is coming.
Since I scheduled vacation for this, if we dont make it I bet some georgia golf while we follow along would be nice

#1 Fishing a lot more to get that pole thing down
#2 I have two more lessons at my course to hone my skills just in case I'm chosen to take down Rhiona :bomb:

#3 Have tons of prep behind me on the proper technique of attacking par 3 holes with my driver.
#4 Tie Jason Findley up and throw him into the back of the woodshed :deadhorse:

#5 Work really hard on my game!

#6 Work really had on telling better jokes than you!

#7 Beat the old ladies at my golf course including Gertrude so Rhiona won't stand a chance :nono:!

#8 Work on my eating skills so as to take advantage of the free food you all provide in California.

#9 Practice my smack talking skills so as the zoo crew will tuck their tales and run home to Momma. :bulgy-eyes:

Drum roll for # 10

:zsimpsons:

Support THP and Captain Cookie with everything I can bring to guarantee our victory :thumb:

Who is Jason Findley? And if you think Rhiona will be a pushover, you have another thing coming my friend. She has been called my crutch and if I do recall is also undefeated in THP events.....

Yeah, but what will we have?
No offense jason but I promise the apex have improved my game more than yours, its amazing how good my iron play is now. I get called a homer, but I can swear on my kids the apex are the best I have ever hit, I am one who likes to trade clubs, I have not even looked at another iron since I got the apex!!!

Who is Jason Findley? And if you think Rhiona will be a pushover, you have another thing coming my friend. She has been called my crutch and if I do recall is also undefeated in THP events.....

This is why his new name is Sir Isaac Newton, you really can't argue with the man!

Practice....

Play, play play....many of us were in the early stages of crappy weather, we made the most of it but play as much as you can. Not stroke play....get into match play games. Play with giving pops, getting pops, and play for something that matters. Get a feel for how your game reacts to different scenarios mentally.

Sure a a few lessons, and things of that nature could help. But there will come a time that it will be not worth the time and money spent on the lesson. Old habits take a long time to change.

If your the last guy selected it's already to late by then to start formulating an "improvement strategy". Do work now.

Establish a handicap that is more than a pretty number (vanity)... With everything your going to go through in the whirlwind of 4 days....you live and die by the handicap you bring to the table.

The zoo crew plays golf everywhere. Their handicaps travel.....will yours?

Representing THP is very much an honor, and it's as close to playing on a Ryder Cup team as we as amateurs will experience. Represent!

Everyone approaches practice differently and I hope those that get selected will do just that...practice with a purpose.

For me I will follow the same mindset and practice schedule I have done for the Morgan Cup. Throw in a few lessons and match play events and I'll be on my way. Short game prep will be key. Mental prep will win points.

Lol....must of struck a nerve..... We keep coming back to it. She's a fun crutch though

In my sunday game we always play match play for 10/10/10 I love match play because mt blow up holes do not kill me and I can throw some birdies

Lol....must of struck a nerve..... We keep coming back to it. She's a fun crutch though

No nerve here, she was my partner, and a good one and we had two (convincing) wins if memory serves me right. Any good partner understands the bell curve as well. Must know your partner and their game going in.

We have season long Match play events at our club both team an individual. I am in both. Actually in third bracket of the individual. Giving 6-10 pops to most opponents. These events run thru September if you keep winning. Good practice for events like this. Hoping to put this experience to good use against the #ZooCrew

No nerve here, she was my partner, and a good one and we had two (convincing) wins if memory serves me right. Any good partner understands the bell curve as well. Must know your partner and their game going in.
With the logic of knowing your partner you'll have a strategic advantage, with no excuse when THP takes you down this time.

#originalsupervillian + #sidekick will be tough opponents. Who is ready for that challenge??? This guy #comicbookbreaker

Which obviously gives you guys a leg up since you folks have been golfing together for quite some time now. Enjoy that lead though, because it's much more satisfying of a win walking someone down in the later stages of a race than blowing their doors off right from the start. Your teamwork will only get you so far Crusher, before we turn the tables on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The banter is fun, but we need to stay focused. On the questions asked and the mission at hand. Distractions won't get you there. My apologies for the diversion

I'll put my improvement up against anyone's in the last 12 months!

I have more improving to do, and that may just spell trouble for the #ZooCrew!

If selected, I am going to show up and play my game, my work will speak for itself!

Quick question. I promise I'm being honest and not trying to stick in the needle...

Last year, team THP had a great captain and awesome dude, Hawk. Great guy. Team THP also had good golfers. Team THP also said before the match that they would beat team Callaway by using great chemistry and timely, good play. Team THP was defeated easily and soundly (I say that as a matter of fact, not editorializing one bit).

So, what will team THP do this year to get a different, and more desirable to THP, result in the Grandaddy?

I can't speak to what happened last year, because I wasn't there. And it's hard to say what kind of personality the #Basementdwellers will have until the team starts to take shape. But we know that we have Cookie at the helm and, although I haven't played a round in the same group with him yet, I met him in Vegas last Fall (actually sat next to him as he ate a steak of all things) and I can tell the dude has grit. Again, I wasn't there last year, but I can guarantee that with last year's "learning experience" as a guide, this year's team will have a different mindset and be ready to bring it.

Personally, I just joined a club so that I can practice my you-know-what off in hopes of making it onto the Grandaddy squad. While the pasty, pillow-soft #zoocrew enjoy the perfect climate of their So-Cal environs, I'll be up here in Cen-Cal, grooving my swing, sharpening my short game and polishing my putter in 100+ degree heat. Like every great fighter, I'm going to make my training camp so much tougher than the actual fight will be, that it will seem easy. And a fight it will be!

If Finley is #originalsupervillin my suggestion is Dr Bunker Buster then is his sidekick Harry also Known as #HarryPutter

FinRot, an opportunistic disease thats easily controlled.
#OriginalSuperVillain @hackersparadise @JasonFinleyCG

Last minute entry but I don't know if its close to some of the great post on here.

Unfortunately this entry is past the deadline so it could not be counted. Another contest will be popping up here very soon however. The deadline was 11:59am rather than pm.

Unfortunately this entry is past the deadline so it could not be counted. Another contest will be popping up here very soon however. The deadline was 11:59am rather than pm.
Oh my bad and no worries, with all the great entries I know THP will be well represented.

Wowi!! Bomb dropped.

it is a bomb and it is not, it was safe to assume that there would be some talk about the apex 2.0 (or however they want to call it) or other 2015 models by the end of the year, callaway has the best R&D department in the industry and they will not stop amazing us

OOPS sorry about the spelling Jason. I just meant you will be trying to find ya ball in December thus Jason Findley..... :D I'm not worried about little ole Rhiona. She'll be too caught up with the latest Taylor Swift cd to play decent golf. :guitar:

Back