Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Nice track. About 15 minutes from me. Hopefully JeffRickus gets along better than DevJob

Yeah it is Hopewell Valley. We aren't playing as a team. It's a solo event.

Question:

LuLu or Toresdale? Have played Toresdale but not LuLu. They seem "similar" in that both are D Ross, similar distance and mix of long and short holes across the 3s, 4s, and 5s.

If LuLu; can someone comment on the course condition (maybe privately). I assume it is great but would love a confirm.

Thanks

Just played LuLu a few weeks ago. Condition was fare. Course was fair. I'd play it again, but it wouldn't be my choice to do so. In that general area, JC Melrose was much more enjoyable.

Question:

LuLu or Toresdale? Have played Toresdale but not LuLu. They seem "similar" in that both are D Ross, similar distance and mix of long and short holes across the 3s, 4s, and 5s.

If LuLu; can someone comment on the course condition (maybe privately). I assume it is great but would love a confirm.

Thanks

I have played LuLu twice in the last couple months, with the most recent being Saturday. I posted a review here: http://bestphillygolf.blogspot.com/#! Generally, it's one of my favorite designed courses in the area and conditions have improved immensely since it almost closed down a few years ago.

FTCC is likewise a nice course, but have heard they're getting too much tree growth. It also transferred over to the Union League recently, so I don't know how conditions have persevered through that transition. I like LuLu better because I think there's more diversity of design and strategy.

Jeff and I are playing in the Philly Golf Tour Tourney at Hopewell. Come cheer us on in your skort.

I have been away too long. You have to fill me in on the skort...

Yes Hopewell Valley CC. Looking forward to it. I might be a bit rusty. It will be my first 18 hole round in about a month.

I have been away too long. You have to fill me in on the skort...

Yes Hopewell Valley CC. Looking forward to it. I might be a bit rusty. It will be my first 18 hole round in about a month.

I spoke with Jeff (The director) last night. We should be teeing off between 12:30 and 1:10 and apparently I am playing in the B flight for 5-10 Hcps..haha This should be fun and challenging. He said the course isnt very long so we are playing the Blues. which are about 6600 so I might be in trouble. Haha

I spoke with Jeff (The director) last night. We should be teeing off between 12:30 and 1:10 and apparently I am playing in the B flight for 5-10 Hcps..haha This should be fun and challenging. He said the course isnt very long so we are playing the Blues.

GL buddy. Your game has dramatically improved and this sounds like a good warm up before the MC.

I spoke with Jeff (The director) last night. We should be teeing off between 12:30 and 1:10 and apparently I am playing in the B flight for 5-10 Hcps..haha This should be fun and challenging. He said the course isnt very long so we are playing the Blues. which are about 6600 so I might be in trouble. Haha

Sounds good. Text me with details on when you want to leave.

THank you and thanks for the review link. Looking forward to this. Lulu seems to have a nice layout and the condition via the pictures suggests good to very good shape.

I have heard the Union League has some largish scale plans for FT. I hope it is so. I played last year and liked the course. Given the modern tech; a little updating seems reasonable and I have heard the tree complaint as well. Last summer trees were not a noticable issue for me (just assumed that was a planned challenge).

What I love about both of these designs (and Gulph Mills from what I have seen online) is they stand up well at 6400-6600 yards (Can say this for certain for FT, and asume so for Lulu).
Adding just a few strategic yards here and there off the tee and moving a bunker to the modern landing area and you have some great stuff.

I have played LuLu twice in the last couple months, with the most recent being Saturday. I posted a review here: http://bestphillygolf.blogspot.com/#! Generally, it's one of my favorite designed courses in the area and conditions have improved immensely since it almost closed down a few years ago.

FTCC is likewise a nice course, but have heard they're getting too much tree growth. It also transferred over to the Union League recently, so I don't know how conditions have persevered through that transition. I like LuLu better because I think there's more diversity of design and strategy.

Good Luck and probably not any forced carries like OC.

Of the next 2 weeks starting Monday. Will be in lbi the first week and home the second if anyone wants to get a round in.

Back