loquaciouspanda

loquaciouspanda
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Will they work? Yes.
I have one that was given to me. I do not think it picks up the pin nearly as well however.

My first range finder was a bushnell deer finder. You are better off paying the extra $100 for a dedicated "golf" range finder. The pin pickup is much much better. Nothing more annoying than taking 10 seconds to get a yardage and then finding out its the stupid tree behind the pin.

If you're on a budget you can get the Jolt V3 with some sales for $249 and the leupold pincaddie for around $200.

They do work, just not as well or quickly. I have the v3 and my father has a Bushnell hunting one. We are always within a yard of each other, however mine finds the pin A LOT quicker than his.

The problem is I'm on a really low budget. Between finders, is Leupold or Bushnell better?

Been a hunter my entire life and leupold is far better in every way!!!!

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Been a hunter my entire life and leupold is far better in every way!!!!

It's funny as I like both and have both here (golf finders) and I find that the Bushnell pinseeker works substantially better than the Leupold models testing side by side.

Both are great tools, and I know some hunters (not directed at quote) have some brand allegiance but for me the Bushnell is faster, locks onto pins easier and gives the same readout.

It's funny as I like both and have both here (golf finders) and I find that the Bushnell pinseeker works substantially better than the Leupold models testing side by side.

Both are great tools, and I know some hunters (not directed at quote) have some brand allegiance but for me the Bushnell is faster, locks onto pins easier and gives the same readout.

Agreed. I've been a hunter my entire life as well and think Leupold optics are great (although I don't think they are the best by any means) , but the bushnell rangefinders are miles ahead of Leupold.

Does Bushnell make any devices with red readouts? I've tried red vs. black, and I think having red is a huge advantage, as it doesn't blend in as easy.

From a hunting standpoint the leupold optics are far and way better. Especially at dusk and dawn. I have an rx-600 and use it both in the woods and the course. Guess my opinion was based on optics quality which is only half the battle.

Does Bushnell make any devices with red readouts? I've tried red vs. black, and I think having red is a huge advantage, as it doesn't blend in as easy.

Yes the two premier models are red.

Tour Z6 and Pro X7

I dont see why it wouldnt work. It pretty much works on the same technology.

I use a Nikon rangefinder similar to the one I use for field work, it works well.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

It will work fine inside of 200 yards, but over that it will be a struggle to pick up a flag. I have a similar one and don't have any problems with it though. If you don't have a steady hand it will be a little harder with the non-golf rangefinders. It should work just fine for the money spent if you can hold it steady.

I'm just going to add a little personal experience in this thread. A buddy of mine is a big hunter and great golf. He was using his hunting range finder for golf for a long time until one day we were playing together and forgot it. He asked if he could use mine and has never gone back to his. He said its so much easier to lock on objects and feels it's much easier overall to use.

To take the thread in a different direction AGAIN, I'm seriously considering a Kick Butt Rangefinder. I've read the other threads about it, but I was wondering if anyone knew something else on it that didn't share in that thread.

If one likes the Leopold line they might like the kick butt line. I prefer the Bushnell pinseeker to both of them for picking up pins.

To take the thread in a different direction AGAIN, I'm seriously considering a Kick Butt Rangefinder. I've read the other threads about it, but I was wondering if anyone knew something else on it that didn't share in that thread.
Solid rangefinder if you're on a budget

Kick Butt gets a little wonky in the early morning light and rain but it works well for my playing partner. I still say the V3 Jolt is a better deal for $100 more.

Back