The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Also, "supposedly" Riley and Lebon are meeting in Vegas today, perhaps we know his fate tomorrow?

Also, supposedly bettors are loading up on Cleveland to win it all at 40-1 and 60-1 odds next year, so much so its dropped the odds down to 10-1...thats funny

Local radio has a report that Wade is part of that meeting there.

If you're Wade and Lebron bails, is he instantly your biggest enemy for making you opt out if the 2/42million & not stay?

If you're Wade and Lebron bails, is he instantly your biggest enemy for making you opt out if the 2/42million & not stay?

I don't believe so. I'm all about getting the money while you can, but Wade knows that flexibility is key when situations like that arise. Miami is still a desirable market for a big name player (say, a Carmelo Anthony). The more money you can spend on the OPEN market, the better your flexibility is. Now, if Carmelo gets moved, it may be through a sign and trade which devalues some of your financial flexibility, but having cap room is never a bad thing.

Chris Sheridan who used to work for ESPN and went off and did his own thing had this to say...hope he is right

A plugged-in source tells me there is a 90 percent chance that LeBron James will return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, and it will be announced on www.lebronjames.com if it happens.
That is my latest intelligence, and it comes from the same league source who told me Monday that he felt there was a 75 percent chance James returns to his original NBA team.
Remember this, folks: This comes down to LeBron building a legacy, which leads us to three points:
_There is nothing left for him to accomplish in Miami. He went there for four years, he went to the NBA Finals all four years, and he won two titles while learning what it takes to be a champion. Nobody can ever take that away from him.
_ A chance to return home as a successful, seasoned adult with a chance to deliver the city of Cleveland its first championship in any sport since 1964 is too much of a legacy opportunity for James to pass up.
_ And another thing: The best player he has a chance to team up with is named Kyrie Irving.

would go hand in hand with the first day of signing f/a, and at least let whichever team doesnt get him more time and a better chance of signing other guys (not that he probably really cares).

Maybe not the official announcement, but maybe we see something unofficial.

Or maybe Im just quasi excited for the NBA for the first time in 4 years and trying to deflect attention away from the Browns mess

I hope you are right. Its the right thing to do, which he has not done in the past with these decisions, but the player and man have grown up quite a bit. I said in the past he ends up back with Miami. Not sure now, because I think Cleveland has a huge hand in the discussion, but as of now, do not think they have the move done in order to get that done. While I dont think it ends their chances, it leads me to believe a decision does not come on the 1st day.

Man o man... I really really want Lebron to go back to Cleveland!!!!!

Fans in Cleveland will be mad they burned their jerseys haha

Fans in Cleveland will be mad they burned their jerseys haha
Nah they have changed them since then anyhow lol

Nah they have changed them since then anyhow lol
Haha darn. I am very curious to how this whole thing plays out, not just Lebron but some of the other big names that will be influenced by him

Local radio has a report that Wade is part of that meeting there.

Lebron and Wade are friends I will guarantee you that they have talked.

I don't believe so. I'm all about getting the money while you can, but Wade knows that flexibility is key when situations like that arise. Miami is still a desirable market for a big name player (say, a Carmelo Anthony). The more money you can spend on the OPEN market, the better your flexibility is. Now, if Carmelo gets moved, it may be through a sign and trade which devalues some of your financial flexibility, but having cap room is never a bad thing.

I agree having cap room is always good, but in this situation Wade is reported to have opted out only to retain Lebron and add more players. If he doesn't go back to Miami I can't imagine Wade won't be a little upset or hold a grudge bc I don't think Wade opts out otherwise.

Unless they can use the money due to LeBron to sign another big name, like Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger Carmelo Anthony

Cavs have moved Jarrett Jack and Tyler Zeller in a 3 team swap.

Cavs now have 24 million in cap space. Lebron's max is $20.7MM. You draw your own conclusion.

YES!!! So glad they made it happen

Three-team trade will see Nets acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev from Cleveland. Boston gets Thornton, Zeller and a first

Cavs have moved Jarrett Jack and Tyler Zeller in a 3 team swap.

Cavs now have 24 million in cap space. Lebron's max is $20.7MM. You draw your own conclusion.

Smells like a homecoming

It was just a matter of time. I said the same thing before. If he lands there, Cavs fans can get excited. If he goes elsewhere, or stays put after making these moves, Cavs fans will go nuts.

What sucks is if they dont get Lebron who are they going to spend that $24M on.

Wont be Bosh, Mello or Wade....hello Ariza

I will say Id be shocked if the big guys sign more than 2-3 year deals.

TV Deal is up and could bring another $500M-$600M to the players, divided by 30 teams means $20M more per team, which means more salary cap and bigger $$ for guys

It was just a matter of time. I said the same thing before. If he lands there, Cavs fans can get excited. If he goes elsewhere, or stays put after making these moves, Cavs fans will go nuts.

As a fan who was destroyed when he left, I think I'm one of the few that's excited for what this team has to offer regardless of the LeBron thing. Obviously I want him here. He's the best player in the game and would instantly make them favorites in the East. But as constructed, I think the Cavs are a playoff team in the East. Yes I'm aware of how bad the east is and yes I know the cavs wouldn't make the playoffs in the West, but that's not the point. David Griffin and David Blatt have been a breath of fresh air and I'm excited to see what Wiggins and Kyrie can do together

There's a part of me that thinks this isn't going to happen, space creating trade or not. It's Cleveland. The universe has a way of dealing with Ohio and it usually isn't pretty.

There's a part of me that thinks this isn't going to happen, space creating trade or not. It's Cleveland. The universe has a way of dealing with Ohio and it usually isn't pretty.

Just as the stars aligned for you to make a THP event in 2014, the same will happen for Lebon coming to CLE!

Before I was hoping Lebron would go back to Cleveland. However, now that the Celtics have gotten a future 1st rounder from the Cavs in this deal, I hope he spurns them.

As a fan who was destroyed when he left, I think I'm one of the few that's excited for what this team has to offer regardless of the LeBron thing. Obviously I want him here. He's the best player in the game and would instantly make them favorites in the East. But as constructed, I think the Cavs are a playoff team in the East. Yes I'm aware of how bad the east is and yes I know the cavs wouldn't make the playoffs in the West, but that's not the point. David Griffin and David Blatt have been a breath of fresh air and I'm excited to see what Wiggins and Kyrie can do together

Do you think that just adding Wiggins will result in them being a playoff team as is this year? They were 5 games back from the 8 spot, so I'm not sure if that would be enough on paper.

I guess what I am getting at is that I'm not sure which 2 teams they would jump to get into the 8 seed, unless they underperformed that much last year, which is entirely plausible. If that's the case then they could certainly have enough talent to squeeze into the bottom half of the east. Of course, everything changes if they get LeBron.

Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters plus Lebron is a nice core. That's not even including potential bust Anthony Bennett. The only problem is how do you get Wiggins and Lebron on the court at the same time? I always thought of Wiggins as more of a SF who could also play SG.

Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters plus Lebron is a nice core. That's not even including potential bust Anthony Bennett. The only problem is how do you get Wiggins and Lebron on the court at the same time? I always thought of Wiggins as more of a SF who could also play SG.

Everyone from GM to Coach is calling Wiggins a SG (for obvious reasons)

Put LeBron at PF and have Thompson/Bennett come in off the bench. Really, LeBron can play anywhere.

I don't mind seeing Lebron as a PF in spurts but it's going to wear on him if he has to defend NBA PFs alot.

Back