The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Registration renewals suck! My birthday and Josh's birthday are 2 days apart so we get hit with 4 renewals at the same time. We have the 2 RV's and our 2 cars. July is not a cheap month for us. It's the DMV's way of saying, "Hey, your old, now pay us."

But at least FL does not have emissions and/or property tax on the vehicles.

Registration renewals suck! My birthday and Josh's birthday are 2 days apart so we get hit with 4 renewals at the same time. We have the 2 RV's and our 2 cars. July is not a cheap month for us. It's the DMV's way of saying, "Hey, your old, now pay us."

Thanks for reminding me. Both vehicles are in my name so July isn't a fun month for us either. I have to renew my license this year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But at least FL does not have emissions and/or property tax on the vehicles.
No emissions? That would be sweet. The laws here don't make any sense ( imagine that). If your car is 1995 or older, when they probably emitted more pollution, it doesn't have to go through emissions. 1996 and newer gotta go through emissions.

It will literally take less than a minute to return the cart, I will never understand why that is so difficult to do.

Exactly. How much easier can stores make it than having those returns.

In some cases some arriving shoppers will see me taking it back up front and offer to take it as theirs. A win win.

Yup. No emissions and still incentives to drive eco friendly.
I have said before and will again, I will never live full time in a state that punishes me so extremely for making it my home.
State income tax without reduced cost of living is enemy #1 in my opinion.

Just my thoughts of course, others have no issues with it.

It is the worst. I live a block a way to probably the smallest Publix ever with an even smaller parking lot. There are no cart returns because that would take up a parking spot, so carts are littered everywhere. They try to keep up with it but it is a very high volume store, even for its size. Just take the cart back!!

Troy. Your in Tampa right? My fiancé loves that Publix in S. Dale Mabry. Every time we visit Tampa, she insist on stopping there to stock up our hotel fridge :)

Troy. Your in Tampa right? My fiancé loves that Publix in S. Dale Mabry. Every time we visit Tampa, she insist on stopping there to stock up our hotel fridge :)

Troy is in Jacksonville, but JB and I lived in Tampa for years. Which Publix are you referring to, is it in South Tampa?

In Arkansas no inspection or emissions. Far cry from the crap NC required.

Good to be home.

My biggest pet peeve at the grocery story is the carts. Why can't people put the carts in the cart return or just bring them back to the front? Why do they have to just leave them in the spot to either block the spot, or hit another car. It infuriates me!

They are brutal this year! I get at least 5 every time I walk the dogs. There was a week where my arms and legs were more mosquito bites then my regular skin. I felt like I had the chicken pox.
This is becoming a growing pet peeve for me, especially with a new car. I find myself putting carts away because I don't want them accidentally bumping up against the car.

GG, I thought he was there, my mistake.

It is the one in South Tampa, on S. Dale Mabry not far from the Palma Ciea area. It may in fact not be any nicer than any other Publix, but it wsa the first one she had ever been in and loves it's bakery and fresh fruit.

Used to be. In Jacksonville now, in a small neighborhood near downtown called Riverside. Only Publix for miles and people don't know how to walk their carts back to the store.

The Publix in South Tampa on Platt rivals my current one in size and how busy it is.

Yup. No emissions and still incentives to drive eco friendly.
I have said before and will again, I will never live full time in a state that punishes me so extremely for making it my home.
State income tax without reduced cost of living is enemy #1 in my opinion.

Just my thoughts of course, others have no issues with it.
I agree. We want out. Family and current living situation prevents it unfortunately. Maybe some day...

I agree. We want out. Family and current living situation prevents it unfortunately. Maybe some day...

When you decide to move to a free state, Florida will be happy to have you.

been building a stupid spreadsheet for the last hour. Boss just came by and dropped another 40 pages worth of inventory on me to include in them.

Ok, Three consultations scheduled for today, two no shows and one reschedule request so far, we'll see how what happens for the fourth one.

I may have to start taking the hotel/airline approach to my schedule. Booking six consultations with hopes that four actually make it. The irony in that of course is I work for a hotel company :)

GG, I thought he was there, my mistake.

It is the one in South Tampa, on S. Dale Mabry not far from the Palma Ciea area. It may in fact not be any nicer than any other Publix, but it wsa the first one she had ever been in and loves it's bakery and fresh fruit.

Most Publix stores are the same, the layouts might be different, and some are a little nicer than other, but for the most part they are all great. Every time we travel I like to visit a local grocery store to see what it's like (I know, I'm weird), and 99% of the time, Publix is still nicer. They are a really great company. You will often find elderly and mentally handicap people working there. They have an incredible hiring program.

The Official Rant of the Day

Most Publix stores are the same, the layouts might be different, and some are a little nicer than other, but for the most part they are all great. Every time we travel I like to visit a local grocery store to see what it's like (I know, I'm weird), and 99% of the time, Publix is still nicer. They are a really great company. You will often find elderly and mentally handicap people working there. They have an incredible hiring program.

You and my fiancé have that in common about checking out grocery stores.

On a trip to the Outer Banks a few years ago we went into a Harris Teeter for the first time. They had fresh banana pudding, they won us both over within 30 seconds of being in the store.

They now have them in MD, but don't seem to make the pudding any more. (That's the rant part-so I keep on topic:) )

Last edited:
Work. Running around all day trying to fix little issues. Out of screws, even though we just got some in. Oh but you didn't check if they were the right ones when they came in, so they shipped the wrong stuff 3 weeks ago and we are finding out now, when it is too friggin late.

My chest is sore, I am tired of dealing with suppliers, and I am annoyed.

Not a good day!

On a trip to the Outer Banks a few years ago we went into a Harris Teeter for the first time. They had fresh banana pudding, they won us both over within 30 seconds of being in the store.

They now have them in MD, but don't seem to make the pudding any more. (That's the rant part-so I keep on topic:) )

Harris Teeter is a great store, and you aren't kidding their banana pudding is really good.

The Teet was the best part of living in NC lol.

Thats why year after year they are listed as if not the best, in the top 2-3 of grocery stores. Supermarket news had given them something like the best of the best award for close to a decade at one point.

Thats why year after year they are listed as if not the best, in the top 2-3 of grocery stores. Supermarket news had given them something like the best of the best award for close to a decade at one point.

Agreed. I will often go to publix here over other stores even if the publix is a little further away. I just think their CS is worth the drive.

Fist....My fiance will be so happy we were discussing grocery stores on a golf forum :) She'll definitely like to hear about it's ranking and will most likely say she's not shocked.

Harris Teeter is a great store, and you aren't kidding their banana pudding is really good.
IS?? You mean they still have it in some places :bananadance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back