Nike Proto Driving Iron

mhuelsman131

Reaction score
Handicap
Rors just posted this photo on his Instagram. Looks like Nike is finally joining in on the driving iron craze.

syzusaga.jpg

Hopefully someone can grab a better picture or screenshot. Can't get to Instagram on my work computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like every one is comeing up with one must be time for the Open

Driving Iron Craze?? Didn't they use to make a 1 iron and went a way from that. Why would everyone want to come back to it?

Driving Iron Craze?? Didn't they use to make a 1 iron and went a way from that. Why would everyone want to come back to it?

I love my two iron great for flighting the ball down on windy days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'm actually more interested to see what this hybrid was that's in his hand. Yes looking beyond the lovely lady to the right.

rory_nadia_640.jpg

Seems like most companies are coming out with a new driving iron, starting with the callaway x-utility, to the titleist 712U, ping rapture, taylormade UDI, ect, ect, ect...

For like, 3 weeks in April, I gamed a driving iron and loved it. I really wish I could get my swing back to be able to hit them. This one looks like I might be able to use it for punch shots and chipping, but a full swing would be a negatory red bird.

I got the 4 iron back in my bag now for a fairway finder. Plus my driver is a low to mid flight so I can work with those winds.
I love my two iron great for flighting the ball down on windy days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'm actually more interested to see what this hybrid was that's in his hand. Yes looking beyond the lovely lady to the right.

rory_nadia_640.jpg

Is that not the Covert Tour hybrid?

Could be, but I don't think it is. Not red from what I can tell and the face looks different. Also the markings out near the toe.

It actually looks like an adams hybrid. Same score lines and what looks like a little "A" on the toe.

Would like to try one, but my #2 hybrid,
works fine still.

attachment.php

NikeMMProtoIron.jpg

Little better picture of the MM Proto hopefully.

Wondering if this is a sample of what the new irons in the fall will look like or at least similar.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I can't wait for next year's Nike release.

It's a good looking club in a weird way. I may have to try out these driving irons soon. I love smashing the heck out of my 4 iron from the tee box and it is much more accurate than a driver or wood. I should look at adding a 2 and 3 iron...

It actually looks like an adams hybrid. Same score lines and what looks like a little "A" on the toe.

My thoughts exactly. Very similar to the Pro series that has been pretty successful.

It must be british open time of year!

Really like the looks of that club

I think sometimes we assume what the Pro's get for 1 tournament is what we need for our bags. I still feel the best 2014 Technological remade 2 iron out there is not going to be better for a mig-high handicapper than a low lofted hybrid out of the tee. Then again, it looks awesome; and yes, there is nothing like the feeling you get when pulling a 2 iron out of the bag and ripping it down the middle of the fairway with a pure low penetrating ball flight that lands 200 yds in the middle and rolls down for another 40. Too bad it happens only 1 out of 10 tries for me lol

Edit add: Way hotter than Caroline btw.. good job Rory.

Cause poking a low iron a country mile is fun and some have better control than a low lofted hybrid.

Cause poking a low iron a country mile is fun and some have better control than a low lofted hybrid.

This. I can't hit a hybrid at all and irons are easier for me. I can't explain it.

This. I can't hit a hybrid at all and irons are easier for me. I can't explain it.
I agree. I have a hard time hitting hybrids too. I also feel like i can hit knockdown shots more consistently with a low iron.

Looks nice, for sure....I'd have to hit it first. I'm not a huge fan of the 3 iron, let alone a 2 iron! ha But I could see the benefits to having one on courses The Open play on.

Back