The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will literally take less than a minute to return the cart, I will never understand why that is so difficult to do.
Unfortunay we live in a society of lazy people. Everyone wants somebody to do it for them. Not just shopping carts.

Minor rant: I think that I've been sick more often this summer than I was this winter, even though the winter was brutal this year. I started to feel bad yesterday, and today I have zero energy. Yet, I'm still at work starting at 2 PM, this will be interesting.

Most Publix stores are the same, the layouts might be different, and some are a little nicer than other, but for the most part they are all great. Every time we travel I like to visit a local grocery store to see what it's like (I know, I'm weird), and 99% of the time, Publix is still nicer. They are a really great company. You will often find elderly and mentally handicap people working there. They have an incredible hiring program.

Publix is pretty incredible. Over the past 5-6 years, they finally started branching into Tennessee. For almost two years, we drove 30 miles each way to specifically go to the nearest Publix each week. They finally built/finished one here in town last November, and we are on a first name basis with multiple baggers and cashiers. Their customer service really does get me to spend more than I would at other grocery stores. It really is enlightening to compare to how bad the service is elsewhere.

Not sure why I'm typing this in the rant thread, so I will just add Wal-Mart Supercenter is horrible to make it fit.

Rant 1: Resort pro shops that only carry one or two brands of golf balls. WTF?
Rant 2: Said pro shops who think that every guy wears Large, XL or XXL sized clothing.

I feel better now.

Rant 1: Resort pro shops that only carry one or two brands of golf balls. WTF?
Rant 2: Said pro shops who think that every guy wears Large, XL or XXL sized clothing.

I feel better now.

Sadly so many of those pro shops are exclusive deals to the Acushnet brand. It started in the 80s and has slowly begun to change with brands like Bridgestone getting space, and adidas bringing TaylorMade and Ashworth into the mix to gain green grass distribution. There are still hundreds and hundreds of courses however that only sell Titleist and Pinnacle golf balls, FJ shoes, and Titleist clubs.

The good news is exclusivity is dying despite teaching pro contracts because people like choices and choices are good.

Publix is pretty incredible. Over the past 5-6 years, they finally started branching into Tennessee. For almost two years, we drove 30 miles each way to specifically go to the nearest Publix each week. They finally built/finished one here in town last November, and we are on a first name basis with multiple baggers and cashiers. Their customer service really does get me to spend more than I would at other grocery stores. It really is enlightening to compare to how bad the service is elsewhere.

Not sure why I'm typing this in the rant thread, so I will just add Wal-Mart Supercenter is horrible to make it fit.
Well it started with the rant about people parking on the curb to go in grocery stores instead of parking, then led to people leaving carts in the parking lot and then it kind of led into how everybody likes Publix and Harris Teeter...I had to throw in them doing away with the banana pudding at our local one..to make it a rant :)

They still have it around us. It is excellent
LightningBolt...I just now noticed where you live. We went into the Harris Teeter on Creedmoor I believe, not far from the Crabtree area on one of our trips down there. It was a very nice one as well, and I'm pretty sure we got some to go.

LightningBolt...I just now noticed where you live. We went into the Harris Teeter on Creedmoor I believe, not far from the Crabtree area on one of our trips down there. It was a very nice one as well, and I'm pretty sure we got some to go.

Yep that one is not far from us we sometimes stop in there. If I was driving to the bridgestone championship I would offer to bring you some down unfortunately I don't think I could get it down on the plane ;). How far are you from the area?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yep that one is not far from us we sometimes stop in there. If I was driving to the bridgestone championship I would offer to bring you some down unfortunately I don't think I could get it down on the plane ;). How far are you from the area?

Thanks for the offer, but you'd be a better man than me if you were able to sit on a plane for 2 hours and finish it yourself :)

I'm in the DC/Baltimore area now. Lived there for a few years in the 90's. Still have some family (neices/nephews) in the area. We were going to come down in October for a wedding, but it got cancelled.

Ok..in keeping this on Rants, My third consulatation today cancelled. so now that's three for three today, with one more left at 3:30. The good thing is it has allowed me more THP time today :)

Good thing I don't take these things personally. But it really does suck, as I generally put in at least 1.5 to 2 hours preptime for each one. So it's been pretty much a bust of a day.

Sadly so many of those pro shops are exclusive deals to the Acushnet brand. It started in the 80s and has slowly begun to change with brands like Bridgestone getting space, and adidas bringing TaylorMade and Ashworth into the mix to gain green grass distribution. There are still hundreds and hundreds of courses however that only sell Titleist and Pinnacle golf balls, FJ shoes, and Titleist clubs.

The good news is exclusivity is dying despite teaching pro contracts because people like choices and choices are good.

I had no idea this was the case and always thought it was just the way it was. It makes sense as layed out, but glad to see that its changing.

JM

My rant is that I am sick of eating out. I just want a home cooked meal.
It has been about three weeks since I have been able to sit with the wife and enjoy a home cooked meal

My rant is that I am sick of eating out. I just want a home cooked meal.
It has been about three weeks since I have been able to sit with the wife and enjoy a home cooked meal

I know this pain..Living in a hotel for a month after moving, home cooked meals are worth their weight in gold.

When do you head home?

I know this pain..Living in a hotel for a month after moving, home cooked meals are worth their weight in gold.

When do you head home?

I'll be home Friday evening. I was hone last week as well however we had company the entire week so we ate out every meal.

Cell phone not working 100% after drying out. The issues are more of a nuisance than anything else, but the fact that it's not fully functional is starting to get on my nerves.

More #weaksauce from me.

Working on the 37th floor comes with a cool view, and BAD cellular and data service. Since I connect to my VPN through Verizon Wireless, today has been....frustrating.

How does one lose a pair of golf shoes? I have a semi new pair of M Projects and I have no freaking idea where they are.

How does one lose a pair of golf shoes? I have a semi new pair of M Projects and I have no freaking idea where they are.
Dog ate them? Wife tossed them? Combination of both?

Trunk of the car? In your golf bag? Airing out somewhere?

I always forget I have mine out in a deck box in the yard airing them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back