I really appreciate all of the encouragement from everyone. Another thing I noticed is the head dip is still there. It is no where near as bad as it used to be but it's there. I've also noticed more left to right ball flight but the guy I'm working with told me to not even think about ball flight for the next week or so. It really is nice to be able to practice my full swing with a purpose now though. I love having something to work towards because of the added motivation.

Small side note, as much as this is about the MC, it is also about so much more than that for me personally. It isn't even a golf thing. It's just being able to fight through crappy times and come out all the better. It might sound stupid but I was pretty dejected with my golf game the last month and a half. Knowing that everyone here has my back and is willing to push me through it is pretty awesome.

I decided to record some swings while not freezing at each step to see if I've made progress. This video was about the average. Still have the head dip and I'm coming across the line at the top, although not as much which made me happy to see. I think I need to shorten my back swing and see what happens. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

I like where you are headed. Can you put a glove under your right arm and make the same move? It will help with the crossing of the line at the top.

But I have to say, you have made strides it takes most years to make from where you were. Keep at it bro, it looks effn great!

I like where you are headed. Can you put a glove under your right arm and make the same move? It will help with the crossing of the line at the top.

But I have to say, you have made strides it takes most years to make from where you were. Keep at it bro, it looks effn great!

I'll have to go back and give that drill a try. I was hitting some 110 yard wedges at the end of my practice session. I worked on tempo and a shorter back swing and I was hitting them very well. It could have just been the fact that it was a wedge but it got me thinking about shortening my back swing.

I'll have to go back and give that drill a try. I was hitting some 110 yard wedges at the end of my practice session. I worked on tempo and a shorter back swing and I was hitting them very well. It could have just been the fact that it was a wedge but it got me thinking about shortening my back swing.

A shorter arm swing with stop that crossover

A few more changes after my last lesson. My instructor was telling me that I was wrapping my arms around my body when I was finishing and that my hands weren't finishing high enough. That was one of the causes of my hooks. Hands are obviously finishing much higher now and the hooks have more or less gone away. I feel like each video I post is vastly different from the last but I guess that's what happens when your swing was/is a mess. Can't seem to shake the head dip or coming across the line at the top but I'm working on it. First swing is a 7-iron and the second is a 4-wood. Thanks for watching/commenting!

Video was messed up but it's fixed now.

Still marvelous hair.

I'm not your pro and you have made some serious progress. I'm concerned that this swing looks nothing like the last you posted. It looks like your trying to save the shot. This is reducing some of your spin angle at impact. Just food for thought bro.

jy7a5e8a.jpg

Like I said before you have made some serious strides. I just want to make sure he has you tracking the way your were.

I'm not your pro and you have made some serious progress. I'm concerned that this swing looks nothing like the last you posted. It looks like your trying to save the shot. This is reducing some of your spin angle at impact. Just food for thought bro.

jy7a5e8a.jpg

Like I said before you have made some serious strides. I just want to make sure he has you tracking the way your were.

How will that change in spine angle hurt me? I admittedly don't know much about spine angle.

How will that change in spine angle hurt me? I admittedly don't know much about spine angle.

You will lose more shots right. The current swing is behind you. So you have to stay down longer through the zone. The previous swing had the club in front of you and your were chasing it down the line.

You will lose more shots right. The current swing is behind you. So you have to stay down longer through the zone. The previous swing had the club in front of you and your were chasing it down the line.

I have been hitting cuts since our last lesson but they are mostly manageable. Nothing that would be OB like the snap hooks I was hitting. I wonder if he's trying to get me from one extreme to the next and work back to the middle. Either way, I'm playing better golf now than I was a month ago. I do feel like my swing changes drastically after every lesson though and that worries me.

This swing looks different than the last. I feel like I'm coming out of each lesson with a different swing. The first two swings are 4 wood that both would have found the fairway. The last 3 are 6 irons. First two were okay and the third was a huge hook. I just can't seem to shake the hooks. I feel encouraged because I'm making center club face contact on most of my swings but that is only half of the battle.

Trying to get out this morning and get a couple more down the line videos with irons.

Jordan I commend you for taking on your swing. It looks better but there are a few things I want you to bring up to your pro.

1. creating space between the arms and the body
2. Working behind the ball

If you can fix these two things you will become a more consistent and powerful. Right now you are on top of the ball and out in from prior to impact. So its anyone guess where the ball is going after impact.

Ohhhh boy!

Hey Freddie, I had some issues with the last instructor. I got the vibe that he was trying to milk me for money and not helping me progress. I went and saw someone new and the first thing she said was that I'm swaying too much and that isn't allowing me to work behind the ball. My swing path had gotten very steep as well. Those problems have not been fixed but I've been able to mitigate them. I was worried about making swing changes heading into the MC but I'm confident that I made the right decision. My game wasn't going anywhere with my previous swing. Changing my swing path a little bit has got my driver going as well. Confidence is on the way up. I'll try and get a recent video over to you in the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Freddie, I had some issues with the last instructor. I got the vibe that he was trying to milk me for money and not helping me progress. I went and saw someone new and the first thing she said was that I'm swaying too much and that isn't allowing me to work behind the ball. My swing path had gotten very steep as well. Those problems have not been fixed but I've been able to mitigate them. I was worried about making swing changes heading into the MC but I'm confident that I made the right decision. My game wasn't going anywhere with my previous swing. Changing my swing path a little bit has got my driver going as well. Confidence is on the way up. I'll try and get a recent video over to you in the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lets spend a few minutes on the range the Wednesday of the MC, or when you arrive. I can help you and get you through the weekend with what you have.

Based on the last video, you take the club back with a turn and slide. If we remove the slide, you will be fine. Keep that belt buckle pointed at the ball and turn you shoulders around that. Get that left should behind or on top of the ball. With you back to the target pull those hands down to the right hip and then fire the hands hips together. If you slide you will block the ball. With a delay in the hips and the arms moving with the hips I think you'll see straight string shots.

Bump for Buckeye. Watch the very first video and you will see my left knee basically collapse. I'm not saying you are doing this but it is possible.

Freddie, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the advice you have given me. I'll post a new video in the next couple days to show some progress.

Back