Teeing up Hybrids

I read somewhere from Jack nicklaus (very similar to the haney article) that you should always tee it on par 3s and above the grass to give yourself that advantage.
Yeah, it's hard to believe a bit of short grass can have a huge effect on your shot but it can. My problem is getting it tee'd up properly, I tend to tee up too high. It's something I'm working on.

I tee it the same as my fairway wood. Which would be the same as my irons however I rarely if ever tee up an iron.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

My irons are the shortest, hybrids next, woods next and driver last. But they all are at their own respective heights.

I typically play mine as irons with the same type of tee height

If I need a low stinger I tee it close to the ground and move the ball to the back of my stance. If I need a high soft shot I tee it up a bit and move it more towards the front of my stance. If I just want to hit a normal shot, I tee it and play it like any other "iron".

I tee it up just off the ground, just like my irons. I tee up for my 3w the same way. The driver is the only club that I tee higher.

This is me as well. I have a shallow faced 5w vs. a 3w however.

I tee my 5i, hybrid and 4w all about the same, perhaps 1/3 inch above the grass. With each I will tee it a little lower or higher depending if I want a lower/higher shot, say hitting into a green(high & soft) vs hitting into the fairway(low and rolling).

I tee my hybrids the same as my irons.

Nearly the same as irons, maybe just a touch higher.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I tee mine like an iron, very, very close to the ground. Oftentimes, I don't use a tee. I'll hit my club into the ground to raise a little grass. Then, I put the ball on that.

Hybrids are designed to be swung like irons. That involves taking a divot. Taking a divot means that the ball should be teed low.

I tee both my irons and hybrid tee shots with the small epoch tee. I figure if I swing it like an iron, I should probably tee it like an iron.

I tee both my irons and hybrid tee shots with the small epoch tee. I figure if I swing it like an iron, I should probably tee it like an iron.

Love the small THP epoch tee definitely help me with the irons and hybrids.

Using Tapatalk

With hybrid I'll tee slightly higher if I'm wanting a high shot that lands soft. Otherwise I tee to same height as irons.

Fwy woods I tee quite a bit higher though.

I tee mine like irons, which is pretty low. The only thing that changes for shot shape is my grip and setup.

I tee all my irons, hybrids and fairway woods very low, as if they were floating on the top of the grass. I find this helps me mentally and I think it aids my consistency when i find myself in the fairway (hopefully on the next shot!).

Driver I also tee fairly low, only about an 1/8th to a 1/4 of the ball above the crown at address, sometimes flush if I am swinging too steep that round. This negates my big misses so I just roll with it for now. Doesn't hurt in the wind either, which I encounter a fair amount.

I'm another "tee it like an iron" golfer. I hit my hybrid like an iron, vs. sweeping like a fairway wood, so I tee it like an iron. I only tee up my fairway a little bit higher than that to be honest, as I tend to hit popups with my fairway from the tee unless it's pretty low.

I tee them up just like I do an iron.

I tee mine up the same as my irons, if not a smidge more up.

I tend to tee irons, hybrid and 3W the same, just off the ground not really up at all.

Back