The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Watch out THP. Cocky Cleveland fans in the house tonight lol. Didn't know that existed.

Watch out THP. Cocky Cleveland fans in the house tonight lol. Didn't know that existed.
We should feel right at home then in souf beach

Population of Cleveland = 2 million
Population of Miami = 5.8 million

So he'd be about doubling his haters.

I think a lot of folks without a dog in the fight hated him afterwards.

Lots of assumptions in there.

And here's the cavs stance on the letter and why it was still lingering (allegedly)

The letter was removed years ago from the Cavs.com website, but over the last week, it was discovered that it still existed from this external link to a stagnant archived page,” A Cavs spokesperson told SB Nation. “It was on the content management system platform that was used back in 2010.”

the last 3 hours of this thread has been assumptions, hopes & dreams...as for the letter they can say what they want BUT it was still there

the last 3 hours of this thread has been assumptions, hopes & dreams...as for the letter they can say what they want BUT it was still there
And trolling don't forget trolling

I'm sure Miami fans in that exact scenario would have been so much more classy

Again people can pretend they know what it's like all they want but unless u were here and have been here ur whole life u have 0 clue

I have no doubt just about every other city would have reacted the same way so I'm not knocking Cleveland specifically. Substitute any city and I would feel the same.

Lane Kiffin left Knoxville in the middle of the night and we burned mattresses and said just about every dumb redneck thing we could say about him and his family (and still do to this day). If we begged him to come back to be our coach I would be embarrassed beyond belief.

Tennessee football and a coach to cleveland sports and the desire for any kind of title is a tough comparison

Tennessee football and a coach to cleveland sports and the desire for any kind of title is a tough comparison

all I can say to that is:

"unless u were here and have been here ur whole life u have 0 clue"

:angel:

all I can say to that is:

"unless u were here and have been here ur whole life u have 0 clue"

:angel:
I'd bet u would be surprised if the story came out tomorrow Tennessee was bringing life in back how many people would change their tune

And trolling don't forget trolling

Look I hope he goes to Cleveland & I hope he wins you all some championships. He came to Miami they went to finals 4 times & won twice & hopefully he will do the same for the Cavs.

I'd bet u would be surprised if the story came out tomorrow Tennessee was bringing life in back how many people would change their tune

I was just messing with you. LeBron is one of the best ever, Kiffin is not one of the best coaches ever so there would probably be more mattress burning, lol.

Look I hope he goes to Cleveland & I hope he wins you all some championships. He came to Miami they went to finals 4 times & won twice & hopefully he will do the same for the Cavs.

Dude, did you not get the memo? Nobody in the tri-county area is supposed to be classy about this! :rofl:

Dude, did you not get the memo? Nobody in the tri-county area is supposed to be classy about this! :rofl:

i am sure it will taken as fodder but i really hope he does, i have never understood the criticism pro athletes get for going where they want or taking the big dollars, who wouldn't do that if they had the option?

Fwiw Mike the whole unless you have been here your whole life you won't understand is just not the case.

There have been awful franchises in a lot of places. Some of them a whole lot worse for decades at a time.

Fans used hatred to a teenager that acted like a selfish prick, burned his jerseys and now are saying welcome back. We love you.

To use the THP parallel it would be like...I won't go that route because the last few years have been great here. But the idea that "others" don't understand losing is just not correct.

The issue differences is that many would argue that Cleveland as a city has little outside of sports teams and winning at all costs is the only thing that matters. Right or wrong there is something to that. But there have been worse sports cities that have been close and the welcoming back is fine and dandy...but it is fairly ridiculous after what was shown after the souf beach announcement.

i am sure it will taken as fodder but i really hope he does, i have never understood the criticism pro athletes get for going where they want or taking the big dollars, who wouldn't do that if they had the option?

I'm with you. I really don't care what he does. I am (sadly) a Timberwolves fan. While I've enjoyed going to games the last four years I hope he does whatever (he thinks) is best for him and his family. He's been a cool dude down here; I've run into him a couple times out in Coconut Grove and he's always been nothing but nice. If he stays, great. If not, well, at least it'll be easier to go to games!

Fwiw Mike the whole unless you have been here your whole life you won't understand is just not the case.

There have been awful franchises in a lot of places. Some of them a whole lot worse for decades at a time.

Fans used hatred to a teenager that acted like a selfish prick, burned his jerseys and now are saying welcome back. We love you.

To use the THP parallel it would be like...I won't go that route because the last few years have been great here. But the idea that "others" don't understand losing is just not correct.

The issue differences is that many would argue that Cleveland as a city has little outside of sports teams and winning at all costs is the only thing that matters. Right or wrong there is something to that. But there have been worse sports cities that have been close and the welcoming back is fine and dandy...but it is fairly ridiculous after what was shown after the souf beach announcement.

Yes, but what other city has generated a Factory of Sadness...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8&feature=kp

ESPN reporting.Bosh will sign with Rockets if Lebron leaves MIA....not really a shocker. Must be first time it's been confirmed

ESPN reporting.Bosh will sign with Rockets if Lebron leaves MIA....not really a shocker. Must be first time it's been confirmed

I think the Parsons deal with DAL put pressure on Bosh, as well. Houston will have to sign Bosh before they sign Parsons (if they match) since Houston can go over the cap to sign Parsons, but not Bosh. Parsons can't sign his offer sheet until tomorrow, so the next 80+ hours should be exciting for Houston, at least. Of course, Houston still has to get rid of Lin. That also ties up basically all of Dallas' cap room for the next 3+ days too.

Signing Bosh gets rid of all of Houston's open market cap room, so I think the odds are is that they match Parsons if Bosh comes to Houston. It's an overpay for Parsons, but overpaying for him in that situation is almost necessary to round out the roster.

not surprising they were offering lots more $$ than the Heat were

And I thought I saw something about Mike Miller and Denver too

Last edited:
I think the Parsons deal with DAL put pressure on Bosh, as well. Houston will have to sign Bosh before they sign Parsons (if they match) since Houston can go over the cap to sign Parsons, but not Bosh. Parsons can't sign his offer sheet until tomorrow, so the next 80+ hours should be exciting for Houston, at least. Of course, Houston still has to get rid of Lin. That also ties up basically all of Dallas' cap room for the next 3+ days too.

Signing Bosh gets rid of all of Houston's open market cap room, so I think the odds are is that they match Parsons if Bosh comes to Houston. It's an overpay for Parsons, but overpaying for him in that situation is almost necessary to round out the roster.

Technically Parsons can sign offer sheet at 11:01pm CST.

I agree we have to sign both and local radio has a theory that Cuban offered Parsons the deal to screw Morey for the Howard signing last year.

It's all on Parsons now though. I'm sure he doesn't want to see his recruitment of Howard be all for naught, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him wait to sign the offer sheet for a bit. I really think he wants to play in Houston if he is getting paid the same in either place.

Back