The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Based on what was just on the radio, it would be Rondo after Bosh and of course Lin would be gone to the Sixers. According to this, the Lin deal to Philly is already done if they want it to be.
That would be an epic team - head cases at PG and C who can't shoot, a soft PF that roams outside and a really good SG that needs the ball in his hands all the time.

From local paper
Chris Sheridan is sticking to his story that LeBron's decision is made -- and it's Cleveland. On his site, sheridanhoops.com, he writes,
James met with Miami Heat president Pat Riley on Wednesday in Las Vegas to deliver the news, and Riley did his best to try to get James to reconsider, comparing the stability of the Heat organization to the relative instability of the Cavs, who have a meddling owner and have changed general managers and coaches several times in the past few years, according to a source who spoke on condition of anonymity.
It's the truth

Speaking of cap and luxury tax, the numbers came out last night (along with everything else).

The Nets paid an NBA record in luxury tax, and paid more than the other four luxury tax teams (Knicks, Clippers, Heat, Lakers) combined.

Guess Jay-Z needs to release another album!

You have to think Houston is getting impatient.

They need everything to fall in place.

1. Trade Lin and Asik, etc.
2. Sign Bosh
3. Match Parsons offer sheet

It cannot happen any other way for them.

You have to think if Lin and Asik are traded today, that means Lebron will be going to Cleveland.

Speaking of cap and luxury tax, the numbers came out last night (along with everything else).

The Nets paid an NBA record in luxury tax, and paid more than the other four luxury tax teams (Knicks, Clippers, Heat, Lakers) combined.

Guess Jay-Z needs to release another album!

didn't Jay-Z have to sell when he opened the pro athlete agent company

That would be an epic team - head cases at PG and C who can't shoot, a soft PF that roams outside and a really good SG that needs the ball in his hands all the time.

It would make Houston a better team than they were last year. And it'd be Rondo's last year on his contract, so it could be a trial year, of sorts. Dwight Howard shot 59% last year from the field (although his FT are still lacking, but improving). Bosh is a perfect fit in Houston since it clears the paint for Howard and Harden (and Rondo) instead of the logjam in the paint like last year. Harden is a ball dominant guard, but I think that is a good thing, though. He is one of the most efficient offensive players in the NBA and he is a smart passer. That defense though... ugh. But, he's "working on it" :bulgy-eyes:

Pulling out all the stops

Breaking News:

Pat Riley is working with the mayor of Miami to rename the city "Akron"

Funniest thing I have heard about this in the last week!

didn't Jay-Z have to sell when he opened the pro athlete agent company

Yeah, he's done with the Nets. He had a very, very small stake in them initially, anyway. Can't compete with the Russian.

i cannot believe anyone would give Bosh big $$, he is a 7' PF who prefers to be a shooting gaurd

Kevin Love is on line 2.

I think the Melo decision comes down today. I think the Lebron decision comes down tomorrow.

I think two options for Lebron is a SHORT deal in Miami or a 4 year in Cleveland.

That is correct.

Guess I'm behind in my NBA ownership! But it still sounds better than "that Russian dude has to sell some more oil!"

that makes so much more sense than Bosh

Its another 7 ft guy that prefers to shoot the 3.
People quickly forget the player Bosh was before being 3rd fiddle.

Would you take Bosh over Love?

3rd fiddle, sometimes he was not even in the band :guitar:

Would you take Bosh over Love?

Didnt say that. Just that the idea that Bosh is a 7 ft that just likes to shoot outside is quite similar to what Love is.

Didnt say that. Just that the idea that Bosh is a 7 ft that just likes to shoot outside is quite similar to what Love is.

I didn't say that you said that... I asked a question.

Both prefer to shoot... but Love is a better shooter, rebounder and passer.

I didn't say that you said that... I asked a question.

Both prefer to shoot... but Love is a better shooter, rebounder and passer.

And Bosh has a better post game when he decides to use it. He also runs the floor better.

I think the Melo decision comes down today. I think the Lebron decision comes down tomorrow.

I think two options for Lebron is a SHORT deal in Miami or a 4 year in Cleveland.

The Carmelo decision came yesterday. Re-signing with Knicks.

The Carmelo decision came yesterday. Re-signing with Knicks.

That is again... sources saying that. Carmelo has not said that, nor have the Knicks.

Cuban was partying with Parsons last night. I'd say offer sheet is not being matched by Houston.

Back