Contest #1 - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Maybe we will have a winner by the weekend ?

Maybe we will have a winner by the weekend ?

Can't rush perfection :). No but seriously with so many great entries I would rather whoever is picking the winner have the time to go through the entries a few times so they can pick the right one.

It's a tough wait but will be well worth it for one lucky member!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sit back and wait for the winner to be announced, all will come in due time!

But don't sit back and be lazy. Sit back in the sense that instead of waiting for the winner to be announced, that you are putting in more work on your game. Put in some extra work, stroke a couple extra putts, practice a couple extra minutes!

Can't rush perfection :). No but seriously with so many great entries I would rather whoever is picking the winner have the time to go through the entries a few times so they can pick the right one.

It's a tough wait but will be well worth it for one lucky member!

Agreed. With all the participation they might be looking at several scenarios to see what strengths various full team constructs might yield. All of us know to prepare as if anyway, (I snuck off to the range today to test my knee just 14 days post surgery for instance #zeropain) so I'm all for them taking time to get it right.

Got in some good match play today during an inter club challenge with a club and course I was unfamiliar with. Seven guys and our pro against the same for their club in Team Match play. We do this once a month all summer with about six other clubs. It's a lot of fun and very competetive.

Got in some good match play today during an inter club challenge with a club and course I was unfamiliar with. Seven guys and our pro against the same for their club in Team Match play. We do this once a month all summer with about six other clubs. It's a lot of fun and very competetive.
Sounds like excellent prep.

That sounds like a ton of fun, especially getting the chance to play competitive rounds at a few different courses.

For me the keys to a traveling golf game are ball striking and distance control on putts. If you can make solid contact and have decent to good accuracy and can leave second putts close to the hole i feel like that is a game that will travel. That's what I am focusing on so I hope I'm right.

dang that finley pic gives me the creeps. o_0

6:30 am tee time tomorrow with the men's club....then range work on Saturday and then 9am tee time on Sunday for 18 with Mrs. Drumdog.

#PuttingInTheWork

Playing match play round tomorrow against a 3 handicap

So many contests right now...and this is the mother of all contests...good luck everyone!

I had a dream last night about match play...true story! Let it be a sign!!!

I had a dream last night about match play...true story! Let it be a sign!!!

I remember last year having a dream about being at the Morgan Cup, meeting JB and Tadashi and the rest of the guys.......

Hopefully your sign is a better one than mine was lol.

I am sitting in a meeting today and my phone starts buzzing. Caller ID says it is a FL call and I freak out thinking it was JB. Of course it was just a free cruise scam.

I am sitting in a meeting today and my phone starts buzzing. Caller ID says it is a FL call and I freak out thinking it was JB. Of course it was just a free cruise scam.

First, did you accept the free cruise?

Second, did it start off with a fog horn, followed by "this is your captain speaking...."

~Rock

Ooohhh, so you get a phone call first. Now I'll never put it down.
On another note just got back from vacation about an hour ago. Pulled up and UPS was leaving a package. My Alpha arrived today. Will be out launching bombs in about an hour. Can't wait to get this bad boy dialed in. Would love nothing more than to beat them at their own game with their own equipnent. Especially if Johnny Rod wears that get up he scripted today.

Last edited:
Nope, posted on forum first.

I then immediately got a PM from Hawk asking for my number and he gave me a call

Nope, posted on forum first.

I then immediately got a PM from Hawk asking for my number and he gave me a call
Thanks Joe. Hey was trying to make tomorrow but can't. I would love to peg it again soon.

I guess I've never really had a problem with my golf "traveling" as I play a few different courses here, then when I grew-up in Michigan, we had 20+ public courses within 30 minutes so we always played somewhere differently. In college, we'd drive all over North and South Carolina playing. I guess if you're a member somewhere and only play one place it could be a hindrance.

And the waiting continues :) I have a feeling someone is going to be ecstatic pretty soon....

On another note, I wonder if THP will shut out the #zoocrew or give em a point or two to make sure the want to come back in subsequent years.....

From The HTC One Blue!

Back