How many of you have a back up set?

stevececil

Sweating it out in AZ!
Reaction score
Handicap
How many of you have a back up set of clubs? I am finding out the hard way this next couple of weeks as I have had to send in half of my irons for repair (hopefully warranty covered). But now I am left wanting to play and not having any irons. I will be looking for a second set soon for sure. Those of you that do have them, do you tend to duplicate your current set up or have something completely different?

I will in 2 weeks.

I have about 5. And in 2 weeks I'll add a 6th.

No backup set for me. I had accumulated so much equipment over the last few years that I've been slowly shedding it.

Not a full set. Just a bunch of extra putters, a driver and a few wedges.

I have a couple backup sets .But I have the fewest amount I ever have so I feel that is a step in the right direction.

Putters I went from having over 25 to now just 3 so I feel accomplished :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'm about to start putting one together to leave down my my parents shore house. Limited funds make it tricky

I use to have a "backup set", but it just sat in the garage for a year, so I gave them to my brother.

I have two backup sets now. Need to probably get rid of one of them as we moved/downsized over the winter so I don't have a much room as we used to to store them.

Too poor for a backup set. But I would sure love to have at least one more set!

I've got my older clubs, I figure I'd just as soon keep them as sell them for nothing (I tend to keep clubs a long time). I could use the irons as backups, wedges are a bit frazzled but would work, and the woods...not so much. They're dated and in the backup bag because they don't perform like what I'm using. I'd play them if the need arose, though.

I don't keep 2 backup sets around because the decibel level at home rose until I got rid of one.

I typically have multiple back up sets... Lol. Right now I have 3 iron sets, but trying to sell 2 of them to fund 1 new set. In which my current gamers will move to the back up bag.

I do not. Eventually I would like to though.

I do but I'm selling it

Don't have the money for a backup set, but I will eventually get fitted for some new irons and will keep my current set as backup or to pass on to one of my sons if they want.

I have a couple of them. All different.

I had a complete backup set driver, woods, hybrids, irons, wedges and putters. Now I only backup putters.

If push comes to shove, I would use an ancient set that I have had since I was in my teens, but they are probably 30 years old by now.

As much as I would like to have a bunch of extra gear around, I would rather have the money in my pocket that I received for selling those clubs.

I updated just about my entire bag this year and I've still got my set from last year should I need a backup. I'm actually tempted to take them out every now and again. Would be fun to try to hit my blades again this year with my newer swing.

I have about 5, now unloading some on the bay.

I can bairly afford one set.

Guilty as charged! I have 3 and that is after I started a cleanse a couple of weeks ago, LOL.

Once my Adams CB3's arrive next week, I'll have enough gear to make two sets, although one set may have a kind of wide gap in the 18* range. I don't think I'll keep it all around long term though, will probably start selling some of it off eventually. I will keep it at least through the beginning of September, since my dad visits then and this way he won't have to bring clubs or rent (he hates bringing clubs and he's not very good so doesn't much care what he uses haha).

I have a second set but it is more of a keepsake (grad school graduation present from my parents) than anything I would actually play.

Back