2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

I know PGA national also offers an option to ship clubs to them and have them ready for your arrival. I may look into that a bit closer . Always nervous flying with my clubs

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Let me know what you find out. I have found shipping FedEx is usually higher than laying checked bag fees.

They treat it as a checked bag. Round trip would be $50 for a golf bag if you carry on your other bag.

This is correct. They give you a little leeway in size when it is a golf bag. Has to be under 50lbs tho. If you check two bags I think it goes up something like $20 for the whole trip.

Still pretty golf bag friendly IMO.

I briefly looked it does look a bit higher than checking the bag but not much especially if you were taking a 2nd checked bag as the fee Jumps a bit. Think it was around 40 bucks or so. Through the company PGA National had on their site.

The main thing I liked was the higher insurance coverage you can opt for . Although I am probably just making something out of nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
One last payment for this and we'll be all set. Can't wait for this awesome event.

We're flying Jetblue, direct and with their two bags are free one per person.

They treat it as a checked bag. Round trip would be $50 for a golf bag if you carry on your other bag.

Thanks, I was thinking it was $50 one way...not too bad. A golf friend just got back from Colorado and he traveled with a hard case (I was going to borrow it for this trip), needless to say the case is destroyed. The buckles and locks are all broken and its basically useless now. Kind of worried about buying a case now just so it gets one use out of it and is destroyed.

Thanks, I was thinking it was $50 one way...not too bad. A golf friend just got back from Colorado and he traveled with a hard case (I was going to borrow it for this trip), needless to say the case is destroyed. The buckles and locks are all broken and its basically useless now. Kind of worried about buying a case now just so it gets one use out of it and is destroyed.

I have flown with my hard case about a dozen times now. It does have a zipper closure but other than a few scuffs it has held up well. The down fall is that it is huge so it makes renting a car a bit more expensive and I usually need to rent something of decent size if I am with someone.

http://www.shipsticks.com/ don't know much about them other than a good friend told me about them & there main office is in WPB

I used Ship Sticks when I played Chambers Bay this year.

It worked very well, just super expensive.

If you want to make a good investment look at the ClubGlove soft cases. They are not cheap, but thy will last. I've had mine for over 10 years and used to take 3 to 4 trips a year with it. It has held up very well.

Also a lightingbolt said, I'm not a fan of hard cases just for the fact he mentioned about fitting them into rental car trunks.

How big is this outing and is there still time to sign up???

No unfortunately it is sold out. There will be 30+ of us there. If you want to get on the waiting list you can sign up for the Albatross Club and send a PM to GolferGal

No unfortunately it is sold out. There will be 30+ of us there. If you want to get on the waiting list you can sign up for the Albatross Club and send a PM to GolferGal

Bummer! I guess I decided to join THP a little too late, LOL. I'll keep an eye on these for next season.

Bummer! I guess I decided to join THP a little too late, LOL. I'll keep an eye on these for next season.

I would still join the albatross club and the wait list. Never know a good number have got in off the wait list already.

The wait list comes through quite often.. I suggest if you can make it and would like to that you signup for the albatross club and try and get in....

Stuff comes up and lots of times people cannot make it. Already we have had 4 or 5 guys make it in from the waiting list.

It's never to let for some next event. Join the AC now and start entering the contests for the last open event of 2014. The 2015 schedule is being put together and we will probably start seeing info on it relatively soon. And welcome to THP!

I would still join the albatross club and the wait list. Never know a good number have got in off the wait list already.

The wait list comes through quite often.. I suggest if you can make it and would like to that you signup for the albatross club and try and get in....

Stuff comes up and lots of times people cannot make it. Already we have had 4 or 5 guys make it in from the waiting list.

It's never to let for some next event. Join the AC now and start entering the contests for the last open event of 2014. The 2015 schedule is being put together and we will probably start seeing info on it relatively soon. And welcome to THP!

Oh, I'm joining the AC no matter what and I guess I'll also put my name in on the waiting list.

FYI Early next week we will have all of the information needed for the additional nights stay and extra rounds.

Both the extra nights stay and specifically the extra rounds prices are almost comical they are so low

FYI Early next week we will have all of the information needed for the additional nights stay and extra rounds.

Both the extra nights stay and specifically the extra rounds prices are almost comical they are so low

So you're telling me I'll be playing friday morning. Sounds good. Thanks mike

Sounds good dude! Looking forward to that Friday AM round

I want to get wait listed but my AC membership hasn't been processed yet... :(.

If you signed up, its in there. GolferGal handles both and has been under the weather, but when she gets the PM's you will be all set.

If you signed up, its in there. GolferGal handles both and has been under the weather, but when she gets the PM's you will be all set.

Sorry to bother but other than paying the donation, is there anything else that I need to do? or is it just a matter of waiting for communication from THP staff?

Sorry to bother but other than paying the donation, is there anything else that I need to do? or is it just a matter of waiting for communication from THP staff?

Never a bother brother. You are all set.

Back