I have to say, I LOVE this place compared to WRX

:welcome: you have just found the best golf forum in the entire world. Enjoy!

Welcome to THP.
This I the first and only golf site ive joined and cant see myself going any where else.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the good side.

I have the same feeling between the two forums. I never had any issues over there but just the general atmosphere between the two forums seems to be very different and THP is a better fit for me.

Welcome to THP

I was over at WRX for a while, and was constantly getting "warned" for these ridiculous infractions they have over there. Such as I was trying to post and be interactive, and then I got warned for running my post up so I could place an ad in the classifieds, which was completely not the truth as it took me 2 months to get to 75 posts. Then there was the time I offered up a bunch of golf balls for trade sleeve for sleeve and they have a rule preventing people from trading sleeves. It was ridiculous, they go out of their way to keep you from being interactive.

Here, I've had a great time, enjoy reading all the posts, and love that I can participate without fear of breaking some very stupid and arbitrary rule.

Thanks to all of you for being so warm and welcoming. I think I have found "home" as they say.

Stop trying to run your getting Thanked ratio up! :laughing:

Welcome aboard you will love this place, I like golf wrx and they have a good Houston group that I wouldn't say are losers, nice guys. But THP is home, a really good group of guys who make you feel like family.

Welcome aboard you will love this place, I like golf wrx and they have a good Houston group that I wouldn't say are losers, nice guys. But THP is home, a really good group of guys who make you feel like family.

Pretty much this. I get more information here than there, but as Jack said their Houston group is very active on Facebook, hardly a day goes by that someone doesn't post about having a time and opening it up to all.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. I've never spent anytime on there threads over there, sounds kind of rough from what you're telling us. Enjoy the stay here!

Welcome!!

Pretty much this. I get more information here than there, but as Jack said their Houston group is very active on Facebook, hardly a day goes by that someone doesn't post about having a time and opening it up to all.

Agreed again. I was very active at WRX but if it wasn't for the Houston group, I would have left sometime ago. I've been having fun reading THP and the general attitude and approach is significantly different and much more welcoming... what a forum should be.

Both sites are great at what they do. They are completely different in the way they go about things no doubt about it. And they cater to two completely types of golfer.

Here are the major differences:

On Gwrx you definitely need some backbone.
On THP It's just all out friendly and laid back. Very family oriented and you can talk openly on a personal level without getting flamed.
On Gwrx. You break a rule, your in trouble. To be fair I have bent the rules there a few times and after a talk we quickly ironed things out. Cant call them dictators.
On THP you do the same. JB & GG & Crew are much more understanding and will talk about it and are much more forgiving. Definitely get more chances here to redeem yourself and thank them for giving you another chance. Not that I have been in that position. But making this assumption based on what I have seen.
On Gwrx you can't be a fanboy or have a 1 oem bag. They will call you on that on every chance they get. (Unfortunately that was my downfall)
On THP you can favour an OEM and have a 1 oem bag and nobody absolutely cares. (This is paradise for guys like me)
On Gwrx the presence of OEM representation perturbs members that aren't fans of that OEM. It's tough for an OEM on that site. (But it's a challenge for them and who doesn't want a challenge?)
On THP it is the complete opposite. I notice regardless of the direct OEM presence there is no ill mannered bias towards them.
On Gwrx it's more about hardware and instruction.
On THP it's more about having a fun time with everyone and actual golf outings.

I have been active on both sites. To be fair more on GWRX in the last year but that now has changed. Before the last year I was equally involved on both sites. I let my Albatross membership slip this year on THP but that wont happen again.

It's no secret I was a recipient of a wonderful trip on Gwrx to an OEM. That is why out of respect to Gwrx and the amazing lifetime opportunity they provided me with I was more devoted to them in the last year. But I noticed that this wasn't an issue for THP and the friends that I had made here before that trip and after. I can only assume that trip branded me as a GWRX follower, I knew it would be part of the deal as much as I didn't want to have to pick sides (Nobody ever asked me to btw, but out of respect to the members here I didn't want to be that guy flaunting my good fortune in there faces and provoke them. I ended up being wrong on that assumption and the treatment I have received by the members and management here proved me wrong. This is a credit to THP and its members), at no point did THP offer any ill mannered treatment towards me from the top management brass down to all the members here. If anything I talked a lot off the record with many members here and members that went on similar trips here to the same OEM and we shared experiences and notes.

Unfortunately with that trip your also branded and as I mentioned above there are many members on Gwrx that don't support brand loyalty, or are not keen to a specific OEM, which is fine I guess for some people. But a little bit of an oxymoron. Your sent on a trip and the only way some prominent members will be satisfied is if you tear up the OEM or pretend it never happened. Now that's extreme but not far fetched from what some are hoping for. On the flipside from the anti OEM fanboy point of view I understand how one can be viewed as going overboard and exhausting the forum with overly support to a specific OEM, I can see that only for the true non biased members, not for some other biased towards other OEM's, which was frequent unfortunately and more prevalent. But I guess this comes down to the club mentality and member mentality on each forum and there definitely are differences between the two clubs. But how could you not be overly supportive when you just had the most amazing trip? It's not like this happens to you more than once or to everyone. You have to be a miserable grouch to pull it off there with those guys. lol

Just to keep it quick and not too many details that could be misinterpreted, in the end I couldn't change. I wouldn't change and I wont. I couldn't turn my back on the people and friends that showed me a great time and opened their house to me and offered me so many things I couldn't afford at this point in my life and disrespect their hospitality and graciousness. Apparently I didn't fall into the member type the club was looking for and what a good bunch of opinionated members wanted in their circle of trust. To be honest at no point was I asked to leave. I was asked to change. I was asked to be assimilated. But I felt that I couldn't stay. For my serenity and for theirs I have chosen to avoid partaking in the forum discussions in order to avoid conflict and not bring attention or disruption to the Management and OEM representatives who I all always consider my friends. I did it out of respect to them. And I respect myself enough not to change for the sake of a handful of members. On the flipside if I put up a fight it would only be a headache for my friends. A good friend does not do that. So I wish them well and thank them for all they have offered me. I am truly grateful.

So I'm back here with old friends and making new ones and having a blast. Thank you THP. I look forward to many years of fun times.

Last edited:
I actually just came over from the dark side. Won't be going back. This place is far better when it comes to being welcomed and general attitudes are so different. Glad to be in paradise.

Not to derail the welcome thread, but I will say this - there's some decent stuff at WRX, mostly Monte Scheinblum's posts and tips, along with Martin Chuck's. Unfortunately, that good stuff is being quickly overwhelmed by the garbage. I go there maybe once, twice a day just to do a quick scan of topics in the Learning forum. There's a couple of real trainwreck threads right now... and those are things you'll NEVER see here. Not that they get moderated out, but the posters here simply A) have no need to write those posts, and B) when disagreements occur, they're always handled respectfully. THAT I think is the biggest difference here; everyone here's not an #InternetGolfer and are just here to talk about something we all enjoy doing.

Last edited:
Guys, I am going to go ahead and nip this one in the bud. Not that anybody posted anything inappropriate or anything of the sort, but we just don't think the comparisons are all that necessary. There are tons of great websites out there and we are just honored to be on that list and have a community filled with great people.

We wish Richard and team (who we know and like) the best of luck in the future and know they will do some great things. Here at THP, we do our own thing and think we do a pretty good job. We have never felt as though we need to pay attention much to what others are doing and I am sure others feel the same way.

Our rules are simple.
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Dont make things personal.
And don't be a jerk.

Other than that, THP is just a community of people that share a like bond in the game we all love. THP will always be a bit unique in that we look at innovation differently than a lot and push the envelope in what can happen for communities a bit differently.

At the end of the day, we are just a small staff that works tirelessly to give the people here something unique. Most will like it, some will love it and even a few wont like it at all. Nothing will stop us from continuing to work towards a few goals and we hope (and are glad) that you are enjoying it so far.

I came here from that forum too. I rarely go over there anymore. Only really check posts from a couple of users that give really good info on DIY type stuff or to read some of the reviews on products. There are way too many people on that site that make it their life mission to debbie downer everything you try to ask. Everyone here is really supportive and the mods do a great job of clearing up the banter that can start on a thread.

I've perused wrx from time to time, but I have never felt inclined to post comments on it or any other site, really. Until I found THP, that is. There is just much more of a honest and helpful atmosphere here. A family atmosphere if you will.

Back