Charleston, SC Golf

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I will be in Charleston, SC for two days. Does anyone have any recommendations on a few courses I could play and enjoy on Sunday that are not to overly expensive and offer club rentals?

Wild Dunes

I have a good friend who is there this week and he played Coosaw Creek (semi-private I believe) and really enjoyed it. But as JB suggested Wild Dunes is probably the Gold Standard there.

Which would you recommend...Links or Habour Course?

I preferred the Harbour Course, but that is just me. Patriots Point was another one I enjoyed.

Charleston, SC Golf

I played wild dunes on JB's recommendation 2 weeks ago. We played both courses. I like links better only because it was more open.

They offer discount for playing both. Also keep in mind Harbor has no driving range.

Edit: I should add that both were beautiful and well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Based on your feedback try Dunes West or either course at Wild Dunes. There is another gc community on Hwy 74 going North before Dunes West which is nice. I you go over to Kiawah Island Cougar Point is fair. There are others over there that are awesome and $$$$$$$

I played wild dunes on JB's recommendation 2 weeks ago. We played both courses. I like links better only because it was more open.

They offer discount for playing both. Also keep in mind Harbor has no driving range.

Edit: I should add that both were beautiful and well worth it.

Do you recall what the rates were? Can't seem to find them listed on website.

Do you recall what the rates were? Can't seem to find them listed on website.

We played on a Thursday.

9am at harbor was about 80
3:01 at links was 65 or 70.

Call the pro shop and they can set you up and answer questions. They can also book you on both. I reserved a month or so out.

azetateg.jpg

This was a par 3 on harbor, sorry can't remember the number.

Coosaw creek is a fun course and usually in great shape

Stono Ferry is 20 minutes outside of downtown and well worth the trip, I think it's a round $65 bucks

Rivertowne and Dunes West are in Mt. Pleasant and offer some great golf, they are in the $60 to 70 dollar range last time I checked

Patriots Point is wonderful, it's wide open with some nice views, on the weekends it gets a ton of play so it may be a little slow

Wescott Plantation just punched the greens and honestly isn't really all that

Out of them all, Stono for some reason is the most enjoyable to play, the conditions are really good usually and it's a course with a bunch of character.

Have fun where ever you decide you won't find a terrible one I don't think. And ask if they punched greens, it's that time here.

Dang it Matt, we were just down playing with Marc on Saturday. When you head over to these parts you really need to look us up ...

Dang it Matt, we were just down playing with Marc on Saturday. When you head over to these parts you really need to look us up ...

I know was a late notice and unplanned stop. We got in at noon on Sat. Would have been good to play a round. Ended up leaving early Sun so no golf was played.

Back