Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

Is SD playing? If she is, I don't think that rule is fair to her since we know she's going to beat all of you guys.

Yep, she's planning on it. She won't be ready to play yet, so she can putt for me :D.

i'll still be about a week out from swinging the club (per doctor's orders)...

....and i always follow the rules. clearly.

if i can't beat you on the course....i'll just have to shoot for the bar. imma start building my tolerance back up. and by the sounds of it in another thread.....get rid of my tan lines.

;P

I have the coolest wife ever. She has no problem with this. I just have to clear my work schedule.

Well I just quit golf again today... I should be playing again in time for this though :)

Well I just quit golf again today... I should be playing again in time for this though :)

How'd you quit already Dust? Are you guys playing already up in ND? We had a couple of courses open but I haven't gotten out yet, still a little chilly and windy so I'm holding out for a few more days.

How'd you quit already Dust? Are you guys playing already up in ND? We had a couple of courses open but I haven't gotten out yet, still a little chilly and windy so I'm holding out for a few more days.

We have an indoor driving range open, and I was hitting good until my instrucer had me change somethings, then I couldnt hit, I got frustrated and quit..again :) BUT I plan on heading bac up there sometime this week. Then again, if SD has some courses open, i'm 24miles from the border, maybe I can actually get 18 in soon.

The weathers changing fast here in Nebraska and with all the snow we received over the winter our greens are going to be fabulous. I hope everyone is ready for a great time here. May 25th and 26th should be about as good as it gets. Mother nature could always decide to pick on us, but traditionally thats after the rainy season and before the hot weather comes in. The fairways and greens are generally at their very best.

It's not far off everyone, I hope all of you are looking as forward to this as I am.

I know I'm extremely pumped! I have to miss the Florida outing so I'm really going to be excited for the MW one with you fine folks! I'm so ready in fact that I'm playing tomorrow with dust!! I'm sure tomorrow's weather will pale in comparison to the gorgeous conditions we should see at the end of May, but the courses are open and the temp is above freezing so we're going out!

This sounds like a great time! I wish I could stay for more than 1 round, but duty calls. It's hard to believe that we're 2 months away from hacking it out with each other. I'm mostly excited to finally match some faces with names/personalities.

I agree this should be a great time! I havent been this excited in a long time!

It will be great to finally put some names and faces together. All you young guy's better not pick on me. I have trouble hitting out of my own shadow, haha.

It will be great to finally put some names and faces together. All you young guy's better not pick on me. I have trouble hitting out of my own shadow, haha.

I think it's only fitting that Duey hits the ceremonial first ball of the THP MW Outing, who's with me!?!?!?

I agree. Duey should get the honor of the first whack. He can show us how that VooDue is treating him.

As long as you go straight, you're better off than me. I've been spending most of my time in the neighboring fairways during my recent rounds.

As long as you go straight, you're better off than me. I've been spending most of my time in the neighboring fairways during my recent rounds.

Dirt you'll want to try to straighten that out a bit especially at Quarry Oaks, a lot of times you can't even SEE the neighboring fairway...(ie, lots of trees). Believe me, I've personally met nearly every one of those trees!!

I know I'm extremely pumped! I have to miss the Florida outing so I'm really going to be excited for the MW one with you fine folks! I'm so ready in fact that I'm playing tomorrow with dust!! I'm sure tomorrow's weather will pale in comparison to the gorgeous conditions we should see at the end of May, but the courses are open and the temp is above freezing so we're going out!

Yeah, I really got my hopes on doing both the Florida trip and the MidWest.. I am getting a couple of points back with the war department by chosing just one and the one that is closer to home. I think I have a couple of rounds under my belt by this time, I need to get out and play Shadow Ridge, every day those free passes stare at me and beg me to play.. Sunday, Tregaron

Dirt you'll want to try to straighten that out a bit especially at Quarry Oaks, a lot of times you can't even SEE the neighboring fairway...(ie, lots of trees). Believe me, I've personally met nearly every one of those trees!!

It shouldn't take much. I just have to get my swing back into the groove and take it easy. It is just too much fun to let the big dog eat and swing for the fence (especially when I nearly drive a par 4 green). :D

Looking forward to it Duey. I'm hoping to at least hit the Eagle Hills range this weekend for the first time of the season.

Young???? Just who is the most senior in the group that's confirmed so far? I have to part of that geriatric group at 63. :confused2:

I like Harvey Penick's term for us... "Seasoned citizens". :D

Young???? Just who is the most senior in the group that's confirmed so far? I have to part of that geriatric group at 63. :confused2:

I like Harvey Penick's term for us... "Seasoned citizens". :D

I'm a rough 50, lol. The ol legs just don't keep up with my wants, but getting better every day. I'm on my way out right now to play in the wind, should be fun.

Hey, I should follow all you big hitters, that way I can play cart golf, :D

I think it's only fitting that Duey hits the ceremonial first ball of the THP MW Outing, who's with me!?!?!?

Sort of like the old guys at the Masters? :act-up:

21 here. Gah Im soo old:alien:

That helps Claire... Thanks! Like these creeps need the help. :D

Due

Someone throws a softball--how can I not hit it?

Someone throws a softball--how can I not hit it?
Timed to get warmed up for this, going to play my first round in the US in 2010. Time to break the sticks out of the travel bag.

Back