How many of you have a back up set?

I have a back-up set. I never play with it though. However, I had to get my 4-wood fixed recently, so I pulled out my old 3 wood to play a round. It was just enough to remind me why I switched to a 4 wood...I still can't hit the 3 wood off the deck consistently...(but I digress...)

I mainly use my back-up set to let out of town friends play when they come in town and don't have clubs. In reality, I just need to sell my clubs so I can justify buying a new driver...

I have a back up set, yes. If a friend wants to golf and doesn't have clubs then I'll let him borrow them.

I have many many golf clubs laying around my house. I tell my wife it's for when people visit but they really don't see much use.

I have two player sets(selling one), two solid sets(selling these soon), and one loner set, and once i can figure out if i want the Apex, AP1, or i25s, those will become my go to set.

I do not, I tend to sell clubs to help fund the new clubs.

I have my complete set of Alpha MB's, Driver, 3+7 wood but they are going to Brazil to stay so I don't have to borrow or rent clubs there

I do now. Have 2 back up putters, 2 back up drivers, a back up 3W, 2 back up hybrids, set of irons/wedges and a bag.

This does not include a few items I am planning to list for sale.... I am such a club/equipment ho.

I bought 2 sets off of ebay to let my son choose one and I kept the 2nd set for anyone who visits and wants to play (or if I can ever get my wife to try).

I thought about getting my wife to play golf. Then I realized, why would I do that?

Golf is me time. Between me and my friends.

I don't think my wife would appreciate our jokes. It's like bringing your girlfriend to a bachelor party. Not wise.

Not on purpose, but yeah, I can easily piece together a 2nd set. Maybe a third. But I haven't intended to keep a back-up set for years.

Who doesn't?? If you travel then a travel set is a must. My x22s are somewhere in Tahiti. Delta still hasn't found them since 08'.

Who doesn't?? If you travel then a travel set is a must. My x22s are somewhere in Tahiti. Delta still hasn't found them since 08'.

I don't.

I don't either, guess it's because I'm not a self made millionaire

I don't either, guess it's because I'm not a self made millionaire
Money is a non issue. It never was even when I was playing A ball in Spokane back in 91'. If you love the game as much as most of us then you're gonna pony up for a second bag.

Money is a non issue. It never was even when I was playing A ball in Spokane back in 91'. If you love the game as much as most of us then you're gonna pony up for a second bag.
I'm pretty sure I love the game a fair amount and so do thousands of other people and not everyone has a second bag. Sorry I'm not on your level

I actually have a few back up sets that are gaining more and more dust by the days. Going to take a miracle to get the J40's out of the bag. Anyone in the market for some unused irons?

I do not have a second full set, just a second set of irons an 58* and 60* wedge I switch out of the bag and and extra 3 wood. The irons are the most important to me. They are a set of 1999 Hogan Apex. I bring them out a could of times a year.

I'm pretty sure I love the game a fair amount and so do thousands of other people and not everyone has a second bag. Sorry I'm not on your level

Yeah. I love the game. A lot. I just don't have a second set. That doesn't mean I haven't had more than one set of irons. But I don't now.

Some of you guys make it sound snobbish if you got a number 2 bag. There's a kid that works for me, I pay him 11bucks an hour. He has a wife and a new born. He keeps food on the table and pays his bills. His wife knew about his passion for the game before they got married. Strike that off the list. He has some nice equipment...3 sets and other loose clubs. Not because he's rich but because he enjoys golf and the occasional equipment purchase. What people do with their hard earned cash is really none of your business. His responsibilities arm met and he jappens to love golf. At least he ain't on public assistance and a crack head like so many young adults here in the state of California. This whole issue makes me sick to my stomach. Reserve judgement and stop being an A hole.

I currently have 2 extra sets. Getting ready to send a set down to a friend of mine who lives in Viera Fl so Im not dragging a set down 3 times a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you guys make it sound snobbish if you got a number 2 bag. There's a kid that works for me, I pay him 11bucks an hour. He has a wife and a new born. He keeps food on the table and pays his bills. His wife knew about his passion for the game before they got married. Strike that off the list. He has some nice equipment...3 sets and other loose clubs. Not because he's rich but because he enjoys golf and the occasional equipment purchase. What people do with their hard earned cash is really none of your business. His responsibilities arm met and he jappens to love golf. At least he ain't on public assistance and a crack head like so many young adults here in the state of California. This whole issue makes me sick to my stomach. Reserve judgement and stop being an A hole.

We never judged. I know I didn't. You did when you said that anybody who loves golf has multiple sets. I love golf and have one set.

Yeah sorry but the only thing that sounds snobbish is when someone says "money is no issue, never was" or "allow me to go change the oil in my Range Rover because I'm a millionaire. You made yourself sound snobbish. You also said if I loved golf as much as you I'd have two sets...... Which I don't and like to believe I still very much love the game. You have things a bit backwards here. Not trying to make this an attack, just simply quoting you

This is not the type of posts that are needed on THP. We have asked three or four times to stop with the name calling and while this is borderline, it just needs to stop. You are now saying to reserve judgement and yet in just about every other thread have passed judgement extremely quickly.

I think you will find out that this community is different than most and there are only really 3 simple rules.
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Dont make things personal.
And dont be a d!ck.

Lets try to abide by those and stop with the passing judgements, telling the world about the wonderful life of a self made millionaire, criticizing people's club choice, etc.

There is plenty of room on this large community for everybody to get along well and follow just a few simple rules.

I have two sets and I wish I had a set of Nike Slingshots. Man those irons were awesome.

TTing

This is not the type of posts that are needed on THP. We have asked three or four times to stop with the name calling and while this is borderline, it just needs to stop. You are now saying to reserve judgement and yet in just about every other thread have passed judgement extremely quickly.

I think you will find out that this community is different than most and there are only really 3 simple rules.
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Dont make things personal.
And dont be a d!ck.

Lets try to abide by those and stop with the passing judgements, telling the world about the wonderful life of a self made millionaire, criticizing people's club choice, etc.

There is plenty of room on this large community for everybody to get along well and follow just a few simple rules.
Very well put, we are all here to encourage eachother and provide advice to fellow members. I have not been on here very long, just 8 months or so and could not image how much of a tight family this is. Not picking on you ball striker, yes people have a right to ones opinion but some parts are best left unsaid.

Back