Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last tee of the day,5 iron dead straight. Ended up 2 feet left of my actual target.

Chip in birdie on the 5th. It was a down hill chip from an uphill lie so I just threw it up soft and let it trickle towards the hole.
That was a slick shot, watched it seek the pin from the first. Nice birdie.

I am rarely on the course, lack confidence at the moment but will get out there soon. Was on the range and the club captain was there, he's a nice guy who I see around the place and plays off of a 1 handicap. He asked if I wanted a repeat of our nearest the pin challenge we'd had a few weeks earlier, is been hitting different clubs and had a 4H in my hand so I took him up on his offer, we settled on a blue flag which he lasered at bang on 200, I went first and launched one to 8 feet, 1-0 to me. From the next 11 shots I had 10 to the green and within 15 feet of the pin. It felt great to hit some good shots and do it xonsistently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had 206 for my approach on a Par 4 from the rough. Took my Mashie M4 and hit it perfectly to about 1 foot. Nice tap in birdie.

My best shot today was actually an attempted lay up. The hole is a par 5 with a hazard running through the fairway at about 260yds. I laid up short and had 273 to the flag with the wind at my back. I hit a 3h (230-240 club) and get to roll up just short to pitch up my third. Well, I nutted it with a little bit of a draw. It ended up rolling all the way up to 15'. I didn't even watch it finish because I didn't think it had a chance to get up there. Lipped out the eagle putt unfortunately.

Had a flop shot from the rough over a bunker on the 9th hole. Landed softly and released to about 6 inches from the hole. It actually got my round started as I played the next 6 holes at Even par.

Side hill (ball beneath) downhill lie to a green sloping away but short sided pin. 54* touch shot to 3 inches for a par save.

Uphill 10 foot put for birdie. Couldn't get a feel for the break so I played it right at it. Dropped center up!

I don't think I had any one shot that could be called my best... but I was up and down from the sand 5 times.... that makes 7 for 7 in my last three outings.

5 wood second shot from the deck. Put it to about 30 feet. Didn't make the eagle but was able to get home for a birdie.

112 yard par 3. Hit a smooth GW to 4 feet and dropped the birdie putt.

I typically don't have any "great" shots. Last week I hit a 7 iron on a ~160 yard par 3 over water that was a draw that ended up landing on the front right of the green. The pin was pretty centered on the green, but I was playing a noodle long & soft ball and the greens were slick. The ball rolled roughly 30 feet across the green to the back but stayed on. No birdie, but made par.

This week was on a ~360 yard par 4 with water between 230-250. I hit my 4 iron 180 off the tee, then hit it again for another 180 in a slight draw to the front right quarter of the green. The pin was back and right. I was playing the noodle long & soft again and the greens were slower than the course the week before. The ball rolled probably 20 feet to a foot past the pin making my first easy birdie ever. I've played golf for just over a year and this is either my 2nd or 3rd birdie. The golf on that hole felt amazing for me. I just wish I could channel whatever was going on during that hole more often.

Little pitch from about 15 off the green to a foot. Short game is so far from what it used to be.

Little pitch from about 15 off the green to a foot. Short game is so far from what it used to be.

Love it.

And I love a good short game. Easiest way to turn bogies into pars.

Helps the putting stats also. :)

144 yards, ball on the fairway but right up against the rough. Took a 9 iron and choked down just a little. Put a nice easy swing and knocked it stiff to 5 feet. Best part about the shot was I made the birdie putt. I really like when I'm able to take a little something off a shot and pull it off.

143 yard par 3, way uphill, did this with my 8 iron
emybyhu3.jpg

4a7u2y8e.jpg

Second pic is me trying to show how elevated the green was from the tee box.

However, I MISSED the putt...pushed it like a jerk ?

But I did shoot a 98 today...best round for me ever, and second time breaking 100, both coming this year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

280 yd drive split the fairway perfectly.

Using Tapatalk

Drive found bank on the side of a lake bed leaving me with an extreme side hill lie. Had 235 left downhill on the par 5, choked down on my 3h and smoked one that rolled out to a foot in front of the green. Got up and in for bird.

Only one bird on the day game from a chut off the green just about 15 feet

Last time out on Wednesday of this past week was a 7 iron from 185 to 4 feet

6y8a9yma.jpg

50 degree wedge from 120 yards, even I could not miss this putt :)

235 yards out hit a high cut with the 5 Deep that end up pin high fifteen feet left of the hole. Lipped put the eagle putt but tapped in the birdie.

86 yards with my 58* wedge to 18". Drained the bird.

From yesterday's morning round.

2nd hole, 195y par 3. 3h to here and made the birdie:

Had a few good pitches from around the green to 1 or 2'

Hit an easy 7 iron to a 160 yard par 3, from the moment I hit it I knew it was good, pin was around 8' on and my first bounce was right on the front edge so I knew this was going to end up going close. Unfortunately my first bounce was actually on a sprinkler head so my ball shot to the right and flew off the green, gutted!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back