What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Always been a Z star xv yellow guy but I bought those Lethals on woot and I freakin love em!

Has anyone tried the new Taylormade RBZ balls?

Faster and longer than the original Rocketballz, featuring TaylorMade's SpeedMantle for consistent spin and soft feel. Fast ball speed promotes long distance off the tee, while the thin and fast mantle provides added greenside control.
  • REACT Core
  • Durable IOTHANE Cover
  • SpeedMantle
  • Low Drag Aerodynamics
  • 3 pc. 342 dimple, Iothane cover, 70 ball compression

Always been a Z star xv yellow guy but I bought those Lethals on woot and I freakin love em!
Just got my yellow xv back into play today. It's a fantastic ball and I think I'll be playing it for awhile.

So I teed off with a 2014 Bridgestone B330 and all I can say is; WOW! Unfortunately I hit one so far off the toe on #8 that I almost missed the ball and it went OB (not even JB's hypothetical $100 ball would of saved me with that swing). For the first 7 holes it was probably the best ball I've ever played (I was +1 thru 7, +11 on the last 11). I was playing my home course which I've been playing for about 18 years. Before the shank OB I tee'd it up on 5 par 4's. 4 out of those 5 holes I had my longest drive ever on that hole! The 5th one was in an area that I consider to be a very long drive (just not my longest on that particular hole). For me, this ball was absolutely the longest ball I've ever hit off the tee. Not only was it long but it was really straight, very little side spin. Irons were also long. It has a soft feel and really good spin around the greens. I have tried many golf balls this year and I would say this is the best golf ball I've ever hit. I'm a believer in the Hydro Core. I was a little skeptical of the Hydro Core after yesterday's round when I was all over the place with the 330-RX but the B330 has me convinced. At this point I don't know what to do with my SR2's, SR3's, 330-RX's, TM TP's and TM TPX's. They're all good golf balls but don't come close to the B330.

Played 5 holes with the Callaway SR2. I need to get a few more sleeves of this. Was awesome off the tee for me today and had some great hybrid shots from distance as well. Would love to try it on par 3s though.

finished the round with Project A balls and they didn't seem as far as the SR2s but on one par 3 I hit it to 10' and it took 1 hop and bounced back a few feet and stopped, very intriguing.

I still prefer my E5s and am looking forward to trying RXS but it sure is fun to try other balls.

Played another round with the yellow Bridgestone B330 RX. I am really liking this ball. So far I have no complaints at all about it.
I like the feel at impact on all clubs, it has great distance and I am getting some decent spin out of it around the greens.

Broke out the Nike RZN Black again today. I love everything about this ball. It is a solid performer.
I am really liking the platinum, may have to check out the black as well

Still playing the SR3, for some reason I am putting lights out with this ball. Tee to green it is very consistent.

Played another round with the yellow Bridgestone B330 RX. I am really liking this ball. So far I have no complaints at all about it.
I like the feel at impact on all clubs, it has great distance and I am getting some decent spin out of it around the greens.

I have a sleeve of these in white that I'm really looking forward to trying out. I'm wondering if there'll be a noticeable difference for me as a higher handicap.

Been playing the Z Star XV and I love it. Says its a little out of my ss but I haven't noticed any downsides. Has great distance off the tee (comparable to 330rx distance) and the spin around the greens has been impressive. I'm not a high spin guy but this ball gets it done for me. I enjoy the harder feel over the regular z star and with the deal they were having I'll be playing these for awhile. The new spin skin is leigt

Played a Titleist Velocity that I found for a few holes today. I was neither impressed nor unimpressed with it. Seemed to work as advertised - long, was straight for me, and rolled out a good amount on the green. Definitely more than the Qstar in that regard.

Found a Bridgestone e6 on the course and have fallen in love.

RTR '14

Tour Preferred X. Right up there with the 2014 B330 for best ball of the year for me. I just love the X! Fantastic ball.

brought a sleeve of chrome+ to y 9 hole round yesterday, they felt good at first but I have to say that they do not float...

I played the Project a on a little exec course. First hole (120/gw) the ball spun 10 feet back from the pitch mark to an inch off the green. Yeah, that's not me.

I played the Titleist ntx tour S again today. They work for me.

I just tried out some Callaway Supersofts earlier this week and it was ok, had a hard time controlling chips and pitch shots because it was rolling out a lot more than I had been used to

Today, I grabbed a B-330 RX which had been my gamer before my SS experiment - my buddy just moved back so we started a weekly game against our two other golf friends - we played two man best ball and the B-330 performed beautifully - I needed the extra spin because the greens at this course roll between 10-11

I will say the SS is a longer golf ball (by a few yards), and does fly very straight - but I struggled too much with the roll out on the touch shots - we won our match and I played some of the best golf of my summer with the B330 today, and I've found the best performing golf ball for me, friggin love Bridgestones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for the last hole of my 9 on Friday I decided to play 2 balls. The first was the Bridgestone e6 I played all round and a new B330 I found on the 17th hole. Exact same ball flight and path for me. The distance:

pahysavu.jpg

I'll probably stick with the e6(on the left)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For most of my round on Saturday I played the Callaway SuperSoft. I did pull out the TM Project (a) for the par 3's. I wish I had taken a pic because on the last par 3, I drove the green with my 5i (153 yards) and the ball came to rest 3 inches from my divot. Love that ball for when I really need to "stick the landing".

I was given a box of Pro V1s a few months back and have been refraining myself from putting it into play based on my poor experience with them years ago. All I can say is Pro V1 aren't for me. Something about the way they feel of the club face that just doesn't do it for me. Heck for all I know it, it could all be in the head.

Can't believe it is already over a week since our THP gathering over here, but I played a different ball on each day

Sunday, I played the Hex Chrome and saw a fair bit of action out of it, pretty straight off the tee when I put a decent enough swing on it and full shots into greens were stopping pretty quick and in some cases, spinning back, which isn't something I tend to see a lot of on my usual courses - PW to a par 3 where you couldn't see the landing area as it was uphill to the green and my ball disappeared out of sight as it landed on the green, only to then re-appear as it spun back off the front

Monday, I decided to change to my usual ball of choice these days, the e6, and saw the expected flight and distance I was used to. Despite the supposed lack of greenside spin, I still get this ball to stop pretty quick on full shots - couple of examples, a 6i to the 9th green that stopped within 2ft of where it landed, and a 3i to a par 3 that was no more than about 8ft from where it landed

I guess hitting the ball relatively high has an advantage at times when the descent angle ends up being steeper :D

For my next round, I am considering giving the B330RX a full day out to see how it fares on my home course compared to the e6 as I have only given it a few holes until I lost it last time I pulled one out of the bag

Penta TP3 and E6.

Freaking love them both.

Played the 20XI-X yesterday and have been for some time. Just plays so well off the tee and around the green for me, and it's at a lower price point since it's an old ball.

2014 FG Tour back in play today. I really love the low compression on it still, my go to is still the hydrocore RX, but the FG Tour is a ball I could play full time and be happy as can be.

For those who played the sr2 and chrome plus do you see a difference

Back