Taylormade Tour Preferred MC Iron Review Thread

I have spent more and more time focusing on my mid irons. I am still really impressed by the MC offerings. I feel like they are more forgiving than I gave them credit for. Super playable. I wish I had more of them in the bag.

I have spent more and more time focusing on my mid irons. I am still really impressed by the MC offerings. I feel like they are more forgiving than I gave them credit for. Super playable. I wish I had more of them in the bag.
I really like the MC over the other two in the line. Face seems to hotter than the other two as well.

I really like the MC over the other two in the line. Face seems to hotter than the other two as well.

I agree on the MCs being the standout. I thought it was the cbs initially. But as I've used them more, the MCs are very nice.

The CB long irons seem pretty hot to me but the feel with the MC is great

Freddie, how would you compare the MCs to the apex pros?
I felt the ball was much more explosive off the MCs over the APex pros. Dispersion was solid with both and the look is equal. But tee trajectory and speed off the face really made then standout

I felt the ball was much more explosive off the MCs over the APex pros. Dispersion was solid with both and the look is equal. But tee trajectory and speed off the face really made then standout

I agree with this. The ball just seems to explode off the faces of the MCs for them to be a players iron

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I agree with this. The ball just seems to explode off the faces of the MCs for them to be a players iron

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Agreed. I don't know if there are any different in performance then the CB's to be honest but I hit these just as fart, if not farther than the S55's and Apex Pro's they replaced. 200 yards? Gimme a 5 iron and consider it done.

Agreed. I don't know if there are any different in performance then the CB's to be honest but I hit these just as fart, if not farther than the S55's and Apex Pro's they replaced. 200 yards? Gimme a 5 iron and consider it done.

Your iron game stinks. Apparently. ;)

I love that damn 5 iron.

Then why so much farting?

There was just a hilarious typo

Ducking autocorrect...

Taylormade Tour Preferred MC Iron Review Thread

Blugold , millertime , Bueller, Bueller? Any thoughts or updates?

Yes. I still game them and really enjoy them. I wish I had a full set of them. Especially in the short irons and wedge. The Tour Preferred MBs do not have anything extra that can't be had from the MCs.

Yes. I still game them and really enjoy them. I wish I had a full set of them. Especially in the short irons and wedge. The Tour Preferred MBs do not have anything extra that can't be had from the MCs.

Great to hear......ordering this week with custom options re-opening........CTL shafts SSX once

I hope you enjoy them.

Blugold , millertime , Bueller, Bueller? Any thoughts or updates?

Whoops. Just seeing this. My ball striking has been lacking for at least a month now and thankfully the MCs are forgiving enough to give me a shot to at least shoot decent scores. I still love the MCs, just need to get the confidence back in my swing. While I still probably need long iron CBs for forgiveness, I still think these long irons are really, really good. If you want a great players iron, I'm biased, but I think these are the best of the CB/MC/MB lineup.

Whoops. Just seeing this. My ball striking has been lacking for at least a month now and thankfully the MCs are forgiving enough to give me a shot to at least shoot decent scores. I still love the MCs, just need to get the confidence back in my swing. While I still probably need long iron CBs for forgiveness, I still think these long irons are really, really good. If you want a great players iron, I'm biased, but I think these are the best of the CB/MC/MB lineup.
I know for me i like the look of my MC vs the one CB in the bag the diffrence for me between the CB 5i and MC 6i is not very noticable but the feel in the short irons amazing

I actually ragret (see what I did there ?) not going MCs through my short irons.

Anyone struggling with the 7 to 8 iron gap distance
Also is the feel noticeably different between the forged and cast irons

I would say the gap seems bigger to me in the 8 and 9. The 7 and 8 are usually really long for me, but the gap to the 9 is a good 15 yards.

To the first part, I don't see any abnormal distance gap. Very consistent with feel and distance.

To the second part...no.

Really? I have been playing these irons for 7 months and the difference in feel is negligible. Distance gaps are tight as well.

I would love to see a review/comparison between the nike vr pro combo forged and these.

Anyone hit both ?
Thoughts?

I would love to see a review/comparison between the nike vr pro combo forged and these.

Anyone hit both ?
Thoughts?

I had the 2011 VR Pro Combos. They were a much less forgiving iron.

Back