Your 2014 Ryder Cup Picks

Top 9 and:

TW
PM
KB

KB is the only real wildcard IMO. I've said it somewhere else before that I think he could be our Poulter. His fire and passion is infectious and would be well suited for probably everyone but Tiger (maybe that's what he needs too).

Most of you guys know here that I have a real love for the Ryder Cup. It's by far my most favorite sporting event out there. It trumps everything else for me so anything Ryder Cup I love. Figured I'd start a little thread and see how similar or different the THP community would form their teams. Say you were Tom Watson or Paul McGinley and there were no points system you had to pick your 12 players who would they be?

My 12 would be....

1.) Rickie Fowler
2.) Zach Johnson
3.) Ryan Moore
4.) Jordan Spieth
5.) Matt Kuchar
6.) Steve Stricker
7.) Keegan Bradley
8.) Bubba Watson
9.) Jason Dufner
10.) Patrick Reed
11.) Phil Mickelson
12.) Tiger Woods

I couldn't leave Tiger off. Not sure how well he'll play leading up or during it. But just couldn't leave him off the team. I have a feeling Tiger would be able to turn it on for the Ryder Cup. My list isn't the order I would select them, but those are the guys right now I'd be the most comfortable with leading Team USA during the Ryder Cup!!

Well after this weekend, I'd go ahead and leave Tiger off and add Jimmy Walker.

Isn't jimmy walker already in?

Yeah I believe he is. I was just thinking if the point system wasn't in effect and say you were Watson and just had to pick 12 guys based on your choice no seedings or anything like that.

Yeah I believe he is. I was just thinking if the point system wasn't in effect and say you were Watson and just had to pick 12 guys based on your choice no seedings or anything like that.
He's not trending in the right direction.

Going with some new youth with some of my picks.

1.) Rickie Fowler
2.) Brooks Koepka
3.) Ryan Moore
4.) Jordan Spieth
5.) Matt Kuchar
6.) Jason Kokrak
7.) Keegan Bradley
8.) Bubba Watson
9.) Bill Haas
10.) Gary Woodland
11.) Phil Mickelson
12.) Patrick Rodgers

My 12 picks for ryder cup in random order

six4three5
amsmith61
wicked cool homeless man
tadishi
v-man
michagan slice
devriccus
moosejaa
the crest
jman
canadan
maddog701

and jb would be the captain

am sure we would put a hurtin' on them in chicken wing eating, beer drinking and swapping lies!!!!!!!!!!

McIlroy
Garcia
Dubuisson
Stenson
Rose
Bjorn
Jimenez
G-Mac
Kaymer
Molinari
----------
Donald
Wood
----------

Donald and Wood are my two "sentimental" picks. I've always liked Luke Donald since I first watched golf many years ago and Chris Wood is a Bristol City fan so he automatically gets in :laugh:

My 12 picks for ryder cup in random order

six4three5
amsmith61
wicked cool homeless man
tadishi
v-man
michagan slice
devriccus
moosejaa
the crest
jman
canadan
maddog701

and jb would be the captain

am sure we would put a hurtin' on them in chicken wing eating, beer drinking and swapping lies!!!!!!!!!!

not to be forgotten because of injury, OCARROL ,will be our tiger woods....you da man pete

McIlroy

Garcia

Westwood

Donald

Stenson

Kaymer

GMac

Rose

Donaldson

Poults

Dubuisson

Molinari (F)

I'm fairly confident that that team right now, with home advantage would be comfortable winners.

McIlroy
Garcia
Dubuisson
Stenson
Rose
Bjorn
Jimenez
G-Mac
Kaymer
Molinari
----------
Donald
Wood
----------

Donald and Wood are my two "sentimental" picks. I've always liked Luke Donald since I first watched golf many years ago and Chris Wood is a Bristol City fan so he automatically gets in :laugh:

How do you leave off poulter!?!? C'mon man the dude is ungodly clutch with the flat stick

How do you leave off poulter!?!? C'mon man the dude is ungodly clutch with the flat stick

I have to agree, he gets up for the RC like no one else

I have to agree, he gets up for the RC like no one else

If he could play like that Thursday thru Sunday he'd have a couple majors under his belt lol.

If he could play like that Thursday thru Sunday he'd have a couple majors under his belt lol.

I asked him about that when we at the Cobra event and you could see his love for the event. It's all about national pride with him.

Back