How many of you have a back up set?

Nah it's isolated. The same 2 guys that troll my posts. All good on my side. I know where I stand.

kind of.. I can use my dads clubs if something happens to mine.

Nah it's isolated. The same 2 guys that troll my posts. All good on my side. I know where I stand.

I didn't troll anything. I said I have one set and am a lover of golf.

Some of you guys make it sound snobbish if you got a number 2 bag. There's a kid that works for me, I pay him 11bucks an hour. He has a wife and a new born. He keeps food on the table and pays his bills. His wife knew about his passion for the game before they got married. Strike that off the list. He has some nice equipment...3 sets and other loose clubs. Not because he's rich but because he enjoys golf and the occasional equipment purchase. What people do with their hard earned cash is really none of your business. His responsibilities arm met and he jappens to love golf. At least he ain't on public assistance and a crack head like so many young adults here in the state of California. This whole issue makes me sick to my stomach. Reserve judgement and stop being an A hole.

I don't think it's a matter of if you love the game enough, but more of a matter of only needing one set. I know, for me, the only reason I would have more than one of any club would be because my swing isn't working for the first club, so why not just fix the swing instead of get a new club.

I have a few old sets collecting dust at m parents' house, but I will only play with one set, if I travel, it goes with me.

I wouldn't say that I have a back up set. I just have a full set that I haven't decided to sale yet.

I don't think it's a matter of if you love the game enough, but more of a matter of only needing one set. I know, for me, the only reason I would have more than one of any club would be because my swing isn't working for the first club, so why not just fix the swing instead of get a new club.
It isn't the arrow buddy but I've done the same. The only thing I would agree with is offset. You're going to want the right amount or less amou t of offset depending on your skill level. Can you adjust your swing to play offset?? Sure but then you're just complicating matters.

About my A hole comment. It was done in poor taste and I let anger get the best of me. I have nothing against blugold or the other guy he posts with I just need to be more considerate on how people might interpret my wording. In real life I actually am a good guy. Guess I need to take a writing course and maybe some anger management. Everyone is cool with me on this page. I love THP.

I have a second set but it wasn't my intention to end up with a backup set, just ended up with two with clubs I've gotten over time.

Unfortunately I have two. Wish I could get rid of them.

I have a second set but it wasn't my intention to end up with a backup set, just ended up with two with clubs I've gotten over time.
Kuddos. Newer gear doesn't mean better it just means shinier. And this kind of was I was alluding to. We collect gear over time and for some of us its hard to part with. Could be a ten dollar teardrop putter from the 90s but the sentimental balue and memories alone make you or force you to keep it in the garage collecting dust. Every once in a while you might walk by it, pull it out of the bag and reminisce.

I sold my back up set of irons to a buddy of mine but I still have an extra bag full of clubs that I suppose I could get around a course with, mostly long clubs and then wedges and putters.

I actually have 2 minimal setups. I only use the one in my signature but I also have a 4w,5w,7i,9i,p set in the corner incase I want to change something up a bit or add a club or two.

I have a second full bag that i would turn too if needed or let friends use when visiting.

Using Tapatalk

I've got multiple back up sets and a few classic sets (eye2 becu's, and zing's). My wife also has a full back up,set so,we can always outfit another couple.

I have a full set of Ping G2 irons with ping rapture driver, 3W and G5 5W and 7W. they were my previous set and I use tnem when I travel by air (I'm paranoid a out losing my TM's) and for guests. Last used them in June in Puerto Rico in May. Forgot how much I liked them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I have an extra set. Mainly for friends to use if they either don't have a set or just do not have their set with them. I sometimes switch irons between the two sets depending in what I feel like hitting that day

I truly do not have enough money to be able to buy a second set of clubs. I bought one set of quality equipment and that's all I need or can use.

I did for years until I gave them to my little brother to get him started

This is me as well. Side effect of equipment ho-ing hahaha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Used to but they just sat in the garage so I got rid of them.

RTR '14

All I need is a set of irons and I will have a backup set. But, I don't feel like I necessarily need it.

I wish, but can't really afford anything other than my current bag.

After adding the Apex's to the bag my CB3's are now the back up set. I don't have a full bag, but have irons and a putter waiting in the wings if needed.

1 identical back up set, 1 alternative back up set.

Back