WINE enthusiasts?

Have these two reds in the house. Will open the Chateau Ste. Michelle syrah tomorrow for Christmas.

IMAG0510_zpsaqwn0j92.jpg
i work for Ste Michelle. Hope you enjoyed it!

We had

We had

ColSolare red blend
tormaresca primativo
northstar merlot
cade sauc blanc
napa cellars Sauv blanc
ste Michelle Indian wells cab

Received this the other day from my brother as a Birthday/Christmas present. Can't wait to drink it but it is recommended it sits for 6-8 years. Ugh..

uze6y4eh.jpg

So it is going to go here in the hopes I can forget about it until 2020. I say chances are slim..

hu3yhe4a.jpg

Saturday night reward after a long week.

ebygyrem.jpg

For those of you into blends, check out Chronic Cellars. They make some of the most delightful red blends I have ever had. I know they're a Central California label, but I'm not sure how far they reach. Reasonable prices too ($20-35)

If you like Chronic and their blends, you should really check out Epoch wines from west Paso. Their 2010 Estate Blend just made Wine Spectator's Top 25 and it is fantastic. Chronic has pretty good distribution, it is findable.

It's pretty nice living in this area. Quality tasting is a frequent weekend activity and there are hundreds of options within an hour's drive. Heck my neighbor is a viticulturist for Laetitia.

No, this was not right next to the Mark Steffenhagen.

atunamyg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhausting day - I have 3 bottles of Joseph Phelps Insignia 1996 left and there will be only 2 left in 90 minutes.

I'm not familiar with that one but it sounds great.

Yeah, I hear you. I was on the wait list for a handful of years to get an allotment so when my name came up I kind of bought just to preserve my spot. It really is a bit outside my comfort zone and I may well pass next time, even if it means losing the allotment.

If you like Pinot one of my favorite is Pisoni tough one to beat

Have a delicious bottle of Dave Matthews winery Dreaming Tree "crush" waiting for me after the gym.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

This one went perfect with a french-themed menu for our anniversary dinner last night.

7df3ecf8a32f11e3a8621257b6061a99_8.jpg

BV Reserve Tapestry is prob my favorite wine. not too cheap though especiallly at fine steak houses

rutherford is a decent cheap option too

headed to napa in a few weeks .. friends dad has a bottle of opus one waiting on us.

BV Reserve Tapestry is prob my favorite wine. not too cheap though especiallly at fine steak houses

rutherford is a decent cheap option too

headed to napa in a few weeks .. friends dad has a bottle of opus one waiting on us.

If you are in Napa there are some better options than Opus Try Rudd, Vineyard 29, Rubicon, Caldwell

If you are in Napa there are some better options than Opus Try Rudd, Vineyard 29, Rubicon, Caldwell

not going to their vineyard he just has a bottle for us to drink

For the Pinot drinkers, a nice $20 bottle is called Meomi, very good. I will have to post a pic of my 2013 cork bags, 2 freezer bags filled! I am lucky enough to have 5 or 6 vineyards on my road and another 10 or so within a 1/2 hour drive.

Big wine fan here, too. Sorry to hear about the celiacs.

As far as mainstream brands that you'll find almost everywhere, you can't go wrong with anything made by:
Clos Du Bois
J Lohr
Murphy Goode (their Zinfandels are excellent).

My favorite oak Chardonnay: Toasted Head
Favorite creamy/buttery Chardonnay : La Crema
Favorite stainless chardonnay: Clos Du Bois

not going to their vineyard he just has a bottle for us to drink

Have fun in napa

Just a little lingo correction for you so you don't sound like a tourist while in the Napa Valley
Vineyard is the place where they grow grapes
Winery is the place where wines is made and sold

Sign of a damn good night with friends, the Lamborn Zinfandel was the best one of the night.

uvy2ever.jpg

Sign of a damn good night with friends, the Lamborn Zinfandel was the best one of the night.

uvy2ever.jpg

Howell Mountain is my favorite appellation in the Napa Valley

We are opening this for Easter dinner.
7a7edu4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been drinking Rose recently with the summer upon us. I have never been a fan but I really like it now. It's a plus to have quite a few winery's on the road I live.

I'm not a Rosé guy either but there is a time each summer where I crave it.

I just bought another case of Luigi Bosca Malbec since it's my favourite wine to drink! Should keep me going for awhile.

Does anyone have any experience with Garnacha De Fuego? It was recommended by a sommelier here in town the other day and would like to track some down.

Back