Monty wins US seniors open

Reaction score
Handicap
Monty just won the US seniors open, defeating Sauers in a playoff. Second senior major for him.

Incredible as thought he was well out of it after dropping shots early on.

I didn't see the early coverage. I saw Sauers play 18 in regulation and watched the Playoff. Thought Sauers was going to make the putt on 18. As the announcer said, it looked like he was deflated in the playoff.

Hats off to Monty on the win and getting his first victory in a playoff.

Good for Monty, he's having a hell of a year out there.

Nice to see Monty play well here. I was never a huge fan, but never really a hater either, outside of Ryder Cup time. Would have been great for Gene Sauers as well. He ran out of gas I think. 100 degree heat is tough on everyone.

I was rooting for both of them but its cool to see Monty win another major. Even tho its senior its still cool to see him get them

I only saw the playoff; agree that Sauers looked like he was out of gas; and thought Monty earned it with the putt he dropped to win it.

Also got to see the playoff after the John Deer was done. Great win for Monty. I was surprised to hear his playoff record after how well he did in past Rider cups--but he pulled through with the pressure putt.

I only saw the playoff; agree that Sauers looked like he was out of gas; and thought Monty earned it with the putt he dropped to win it.

I didn't think he was going to make it. Clutch putt.

I didn't think he was going to make it. Clutch putt.
Me neither. Not after the not-so-great approach short and right...and the coinciding mis-hit on the chip. I was half expecting a 3 putt and sudden death.

DVR'd the telecast and watched the entire round as time allowed. Sauers was fighting it mentally all day and after his putt lipped out on 18 (during regulation) he seemed to really lose focus. Too bad because that is a story you just have to root for.

Good for Monty, though I really wanted to see Sauers pull that one out. On a side note, I don't think I have ever seen Langer putt as bad as he did this weekend.

It would have been a nice moment for Sauers, but Monty earned the win with his clutch putt. It seems he's gotten a bit of humility as he's gotten older.

Back