Tee Marks on the Sole of a club

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
One of my ultimate pet peeves is getting that gash in the middle of the sole of a club after a tee shot. Some of the drivers now have such complicated soles that scraping the mark off is almost impossible. Here's a good pic of Collin Montgomerie today. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405294437.593451.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405294444.676317.jpg

Do the plastic tees mark up clubs as much as wooden tees do?

One of my ultimate pet peeves is getting that gash in the middle of the sole of a club after a tee shot. Some of the drivers now have such complicated soles that scraping the mark off is almost impossible. Here's a good pic of Collin Montgomerie today. View attachment 15547View attachment 15548

Do the plastic tees mark up clubs as much as wooden tees do?

I use Eco tee's and they will at time leave a mark but it rubs right off, plus they never break.

I've found that plastic tees do leave a decent mark on the sole when you hit it. It does come right off usually with some water and a rubbing your finger down it, maybe light scrubbing. Wooden tees, I've found, don't leave that Mark but when they break they do leave a nice scratch sometimes. That's why I switched to plastic.

scuffs and scratches don't bother me one bit. It's expected and I have em on all my clubs. It's cuz I use them. If I wanted no marks I'd buy new and then shelf em.

I seem to remember them more with wood tees than plastic, so I guess I'll agree with Tyler...since switching to Epoch tees, the marks must rub off so easily that I don't even remember having them.

It happens the most with painted color tees. I use the Frogger Green Monster nubbie tees (orange) for irons/hybrids off the tee and they leave marks, but come off pretty easy.

The Epoch tees don't seem to leave marks for me very often, at least not that I notice.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. You're welcome.

I will second the Magic Eraser.

I've got a nice green streak on the bottom of my driver. I'm ok with it though... It blends in with the white streak, the red streak, and some scratches. It's a TM RBZ that I bought used.

I only have ever had problems with tee marks when I use painted wooden tees. Ive used Epoch and ZF tees and am yet to have problems with them marking up the sole of my clubs.

It only happens when I'm using a white wooden tees. When I use the natural color I don't see marks. I have a couple marks on the heel side of the sole :banghead:

I don't get much marking at all with the plastic tees, the painted wooden ones I do.

The tee marks can be a great asset though and can diagnose swing path problems, Monty's looks straight where a person with a line from the lower heel to the face can show an inside swing path and from the top of the heel to the face would be an over the top move, (slice, high cut, push)

I don't get much marking at all with the plastic tees, the painted wooden ones I do.

The tee marks can be a great asset though and can diagnose swing path problems, Monty's looks straight where a person with a line from the lower heel to the face can show an inside swing path and from the top of the heel to the face would be an over the top move, (slice, high cut, push)

Agreed 100% never really get them with the plastic epoch tees, but when I do they always seem to come right off and it is nice being able to see where on the club face you struck the ball.

Sounds like it may be time to switch to plastic tees. With club resale being as difficult as it is now with so many new models getting released every season, every little bit of help with the cosmetic end is big

Eco tees or the THP Epoch tees don't leave the marks on the sole of the club. At least not that I've seen.

Back