Orlando Area in August?

Providence Golf Club is just West of Orlando in Davenport and is in great shape, really nice greens that are normally quite fast. We paid $25.00 last week. There are a lot of really nice course that are $25-30 right now if you stay away from the big names and resorts. Sanctuary Ridge in Clermont is a blast with some serious elevation changes and is $25 -30.

OCN is in phenomenal shape right now but sometimes they can have some issues in the rough but I will say GC is ALWAYS in great shape. We really couldn't go wrong with either.

We were just there for a THP Event last month or so (OCN) and have held them at GC previously.
Hopefully you get a chance to make it to a THP Event sometime. They are quite special including the contests for the all expense paid Grandaddy.

We were just there for a THP Event last month or so (OCN) and have held them at GC previously.
Hopefully you get a chance to make it to a THP Event sometime. They are quite special including the contests for the all expense paid Grandaddy.

one of these days I totally will, just gets hard with little kids to get free weekends. I did just miss you at golf galaxy for the Callaway event about 2 months ago. I saw the van but they said you went to lunch, I waited for you to come back in but I think you just left.

Based off current weekend mid-morning prices on GolfNow(which I imagine they would match for a few foursomes), Grand Cypress looks to be around $70, OCN is $80, Championsgate is $100, Providence is $25, Sanctuary Ridge is $25, Bella Collina is $80. Anybody know anybody? Anyone have other suggestions?

How's the 23rd look?

Prob cant rely on Gnow if there are more than 1 or two groups, trying to get them back to back. If we get a solid headcount, reaching out to the course would be my suggestion.

If we get a solid headcount, reaching out to the course would be my suggestion.

Exactly my thinking, but I'd think they would at least match a GN price if were bringing a couple/three groups in. Jaknow?

I think its a great idea, but I will be spend August with the family and settling in after the MC. Next time I'll resurface will be at the Gauntlet.
wha wha what.....I better start doing squats so I can carry you at the Gauntlet :bananadance:

this thing going to be a day trip or an over-nighter? I see some names from a solid 3-4 hours away here, so I'm assuming at least 1 night? If so, then I have to think OCN would be a great value. Are there any rules about suggesting any specific web sites on here? There's one where you can get a night's lodging and a round at OCN for <$100/person. I have a VERY busy August (the 3 middle weekends are definitely out for me, but I could maybe do the first or last), so for me it's a long shot, but I thought I'd at least offer up that little nugget about the lodging options. The site I am looking at also offers replays for like $35, so you could play both courses and two nights lodging for $156 (two to a room of course). That's not a walk up rate, you'd have to book in pairs or more in advance, etc.

You guys are going to boil haha. Enjoy it though, gents!

I was thinking one round on Saturday. If anyone wants to stay Friday night or play again Sunday you guys can do whatever you want.

Ok we just booked a cruise from Aug 3-7 and the 15th and 17th aren't good for me. If you guys wanna do it any of those days don't worry about me but any of those other days looks like I'm a go.

I might could make a Saturday in August. Will not have masters classes until the last week. Want to do something fun golf related during my three weeks of freedom!

Of the courses mentioned, Bella or Grand Cypress would be my top choices. Also would love Hawk's Landing, Celebration or Mystic Dunes.

I know Celebration was running a deal for $39 and that included range balls and lunch. Beautiful course as well. Depending on the day I am in to meet some fellow thpers.

Edit** Celebration Golf Club is $39 AM rates are for FL residents. Non FL residents are $69.

Last edited:
As long as the course is in good shape and the greens are rolling I don't care where we play. Selfishly I'd prefer northeast side of town to not drive through downtown all the way to the other side but I will. :)

The only ones in O-town I've played recently are at Disney at Grand Cypress New Course. Anywhere else would be good with me.

Seems like Aug 23rd is looking like the date that would work best for the most? (I'm ok with the 9th, 15th, or 23rd FWIW).

Any other inputs on dates or courses? Mission Inn?

How about November? And, I never should've checked flight prices for 8/23.....
You could always come back again in November...

Mission Inn is always a good play. Pretty sure I could make that but I can't commit at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any other inputs on dates or courses? Mission Inn?

I'm not a definite in, but I know for me I am much more likely to make it if it's closer to 40 than 80 bucks. I can't justify that price in the summer.

I'd love to play mission inn but will go wherever. Would prefer to keep it under $80 since it will also take most of a tank of gas (if not overnight). Already planning for a new 3 wood next month don't want to get into tooooo much trouble ;)

Got this golfnow deal caddy today:

The Deal Caddy’s taking prices to ground level with an offer of unlimited golf at Timacuan G&CC, one of Central Florida’s finest shotmaking tests. Choose your option and redeem any day after 10:00 a.m. through September 14:

One golfer—$33, up to 61% off rack rates
Twosome—$60 ($30 per person), up to 64% off
Foursome—$108 ($27 per person), up to 68% off

Don't know anything about the course, though.

Got this golfnow deal caddy today:

The Deal Caddy’s taking prices to ground level with an offer of unlimited golf at Timacuan G&CC, one of Central Florida’s finest shotmaking tests. Choose your option and redeem any day after 10:00 a.m. through September 14:

One golfer—$33, up to 61% off rack rates
Twosome—$60 ($30 per person), up to 64% off
Foursome—$108 ($27 per person), up to 68% off

Don't know anything about the course, though.
Timacuan is a pretty good course. Greens are usually in great shape. I'd play that course for that price point any day.

Timacuan is a great course. Used to play there some when I lived in Sanford. Met Zach Johnson the last time I was over there at the range. He was working with his coach Mike Bender who teaches mostly out of that course.

Back