What new tip have you learned lately that has helped your game?

Stop thinking about things on the course. Swing with what swing you have for that day and keep moving. Practice the swing tips and thoughts on the range.

Swing slower, keep my wrist angles. Simple stuff but has worked wonders so far.

I'm very incosistent with the driver, if it wasn't for the big stick I'm sure I would be playing in the 80's much more often then I do now. So I was searching for some driver techniques until I stumbled upon this one.

It just sounds so very logical but I'm one of those guys who always has been setting up the driver right behind the ball. Went to the driving range and focused on the 3 tips from the video and wow! I've hit about 40 drives and I didn't slice a single one! I hit 4 hooks but the rest was just hit pure and rather straight, sometimes a little draw or a baby fade. That is HUGE for me! Besides that I struck all of them really well feel wise.

This is the one video I have applied the most to my drive and it has been very good for me as well. So many great videos out there but this one I remember watching that has stuck with me the most over all of the videos I've watched. Mark Crossfield is helpful as well but I've watched him more for club reviews than anything else. Paul Wilson is another one and can't forget some good ol Butch Harmon Golf training video that's also available in full on Youtube. Great stuff!!

To gather myself at the top of my backswing. Nearly stop. Then come down. Has done wonders.

2 come to mind

Stop swinging so dang hard.

Tee it a little lower, you'll gain yardage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dropping my hands into the slot to start the downswing has done wonders to keep my shoulders behind my hips. Straightened out my driver and fairway woods immensely.

some Butch Harmon training video. It's a little out of sync but very informative. Start at about the 20 minute mark.

Had a miserable day (summer) with chips and pitches. Watched some swing tips online and realized I was not standing upright enough. I was squatting a bit causing myself to under rotate and drop the club head before impact.

I took a few swings in the yard with a narrower and more upright stance and... bam! Nice easy, clean rotation and airborne balls rather than skulled screamers or short plops.

I feel a million times better than I did after my round. I love/hate/love this game.

I've discovered that I have a very inconsistent line on my takeaway so I've started to set my line with a false partial takeaway. This has added so much consistency with my ball striking. My last few rounds have seen some of the best iron play I've ever had.

Its always interesting how much difference between people's swings truly are. Im not comfortable with it (hovering) but it helped me out today when I remember to do it. So if it is straight and long, then I will stick with it.

I've been doing it for a while now, and think it helps me.

Anything that makes me think im doing something better is a ton more helpful than thinking negative.

Put that weight on the front foot when chipping and pitching the ball. Amazing how much better contact you make.

I tried a free video swing analysis while at the Travelers Championship last month and the guy who looked at my stuff made some surprisingly good observations (I wasn't expecting much from one swing at a foam ball). I need to keep my balance more forward (balls of the feet) and I'm straightening my right leg when I swing instead of keeping the knee loose.

Some trips to the range to work on these two simple things have produced very promising results.

Point the butt end of the shaft at the ball on the backswing. Much more on plane. Much better ball striking.

Gripping the club... the most basic part of the golf swing. Doing it correctly eliminated my slice/Fade and now my drive is a slight draw to straight down the fairway.

My pro told me to use the tempo that I have with my pitching and incorporate it in my irons. This weekend will be a test of his knowledge.

Point the butt end of the shaft at the ball on the backswing. Much more on plane. Much better ball striking.

This was one off my key elements to focus on while taking lessons this spring. I still practice it on the range and when I execute correctly, it really helps my ball striking.

The thing(s) that have changed my swing and game the most was looking at photos of certain positions of the swing that all the best pros find themselves in. I tried the swing your swing in for the most part of the past 12 months and I saw some improvement and then plateaued. I was left with a mediocre fade that I was gaming to make work, and it wasn't an intentional fade. Since the changes I now draw the ball with my irons, I'm much more consistent, and finally feel like I have control of the golf ball.

This is something my current instructor pushes and he had me going from an unintentional fade to intentional draws in 1 lesson. He considers 6 positions to be important. The highlights are at about halfway back/hip high during the back swing - the club face should be slightly closed and the shaft parallel to the ground. At the top of the swing checking to make sure the club head is still closed and that the shaft isn't too steep which for a draw isn't much over your shoulder and appears on plane. On the downswing it was getting the shaft close to 45* to the right forearm with the shaft appearing at an angle somewhere between your elbow and shoulder (cutting across your bicep). At impact it was having the left/lead knee 1-2" forward of the left/lead foot. And at the end it was to ensure I wasn't over rotating by rolling onto the instep of the right/rear foot and throwing the club sort of out and across the ball with the majority of the speed around the bottom of the swing and not too far beyond. This meant the difference between a nice intended push-draw and a hook or pull-draw.

While technical, this link does a better job explaining what I'm trying to present and does so with photos. The instructor I have now films my swings during lessons with a high speed camera and we look at the positions pictured in the link and tweak from there.

http://getyourgolffix.blogspot.com/2013/02/golf-swing-defined-through-position.html?m=1

The one tip that clicked for you?

The one tip that clicked for you?

We are all unique. And as such I have come to believe that different tips or drills work better for us than others do, and tips that work better for others may not work for us. But I also think that we all may have that one tip or drill that just clicked for you. I know I have.

Mine comes from a Golf Digest article by Tom Watson. In it he discusses weight transfer, but he also makes note that he "hit the heck out of the ball with my right hand." That visualization clicked with me. I worked on practicing the motion of hitting the ball with the palm of my right hand. In a mirror you could see my hips clear and my right arm (my power arm) was in a good angle. When I took this to the practice area, the results were immediate. It was like a light went off for me. I have had nearly 3 weeks in a row of the best iron striking I can recall. And it feels right too, like it is what my body was meant to do.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/mental-game/watson_gd0810

Care to share yours? I would love to read them!

Mine was being told to make a 45* shoulder turn but only a 11* hip turn. I guess I'm a math guy because that resonated with me and I almost instantly eliminated fat shots. Restricting hip rotation has been a pre-swing thought ever since.

Mine was to 'smack' the ball with back of the left hand. Like you're back handing someone. If you open up before you make contact it's a weak hit. If you slam your left side into the hit, ball go far.

Back