PRO V1X fans may want to try...

It does look nice Blugold. It was fine for sure. Would like to try the non-X.

I think you would like it better. In January at the ultimate testing we had some proto types. That's my only time with them. But I remember that the Tour Preferred ball was softer feeling. Not bad. But softer.

The TPx is the best ball out there, for my game, and by a large margin. I played Z Star XV's last season, loved the feel and durability, but I was less than impressed with the new Spin Skin XV's. I started the season with 2 doz. each TPx, SR3, V1x, and last season's XV's I was gaming. The Tour Preferred X were better than all the others, it wasn't even close. Of course YMMV, but for me the Tour Preferred X is the best ball around for my game. Longer and more accurate off the tee, spin great off the wedges, feels firm but not harsh off the putter, no clicks at all.

Funny, I'd say guys who like the Titleist Pro V1/V1X oughta give the Callaway SR series a try. Multi-layer, urethane, great carry off the tee, and great spin with the irons.

I'm not about to say that all tour-series balls are the same, but at some point I think the difference about tour level balls becomes measurable by mils rather than degrees. Urethane balls spin about the same off of wedges, all things being equal, so it's a matter of finding the ball that matches what you want from 150+ yards, IMO.

I bought a couple sleeves of these today after realizing I was running low on balls. I really liked the feel and agree with the comparison to prov1x. They felt low spin from what I could tell on my full swing shots, yet I liked how they came off the face when I was putting.

I've been a Prov1/v1x guy for a long time. I tried the SR from Callaway and wasn't impressed. I recently switched to the Srixon Z Star XV which is similar to the Prov1x and I am happy I did. I hit the ball further, I get less side spin and the ball performs great around the green.

Just won a dozen of these on Twitter. Can't wait to put them in play.

Just won a dozen of these on Twitter. Can't wait to put them in play.

I enjoyed them the first time I gamed them. I'm sure they'll be good for your game as well.

I need to give them another shot. Played them in cold conditions in spring and loved the durability but they seemed hard to me. Perhaps with hotter temps they will be better.

Back