Hackers On LinkedIn

But what if a job is looking for you? Coming from the side where I seek out people for opportunities; if you have a desirable skillset who knows what sort of things could "come across your plate."

Without sounding like I'm picking someone out, I do believe this mindset still trumps the opposite of being open to opportunities from people "like us." The opportunities that we are aware of and actively help our client partners with are, for the most part, unseen to the general public pool.

I have an account and my assistant manages it for me. In my industry, commercial real estate, I generally get inundated with folks looking for work or an introduction so I have her sort through the noise and it allows me to focus on the important. On average I may look at it monthly but that may even be a stretch.

I'm always looking to build my professional network. Feel free to connect with me here.

But what if a job is looking for you? Coming from the side where I seek out people for opportunities; if you have a desirable skillset who knows what sort of things could "come across your plate."

Without sounding like I'm picking someone out, I do believe this mindset still trumps the opposite of being open to opportunities from people "like us." The opportunities that we are aware of and actively help our client partners with are, for the most part, unseen to the general public pool.
A very smart person once told me that it's not a bad idea to always be open to hearing about job opportunities. And after all, generally IMO, the fastest way to get a raise/promotion is through a new job.

I use linked in for all my work related activity. I get more leads from linked in research. It is strictly professional for me
I am not looking for a new job so I generally steer clear of LinkedIn.

I use linked in for all my work related activity. I get more leads from linked in research. It is strictly professional for me

In your line of work I understand the use and agree. But in my experience most people use LinkedIn to try and secure a new job. I can always tell when people at my company are job shopping because all of the sudden they start adding new "skills" to their profiles.

A very smart person once told me that it's not a bad idea to always be open to hearing about job opportunities. And after all, generally IMO, the fastest way to get a raise/promotion is through a new job.

I certainly would not disagree with that at all, especially in the areas which I typically operate within (Information Technology and Engineering)

Same here, I get a ton of leads from it.

Has anyone else gone through the pages to view where everyone works like I just did? #PassingTime

Has anyone else gone through the pages to view where everyone works like I just did? #PassingTime
Ha Guility. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a fellow THP'er sitting on the other side of the building from me and not know it, there are a lot of golfers here.

I'll add mine as soon as I get my profile pic updated.

Back