The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading between the lines about who gets picked for events etc etc...

Squash that noise. Don't ruin this place with your whiny unsubstantiated cries. If I could take my entry and wag it in your face, I would do so with alacrity and prejudice.

There are so many opportunities around here for so much cool stuff but if that's why you're here, you need to check your selfish ways at the URL.

People who are inconsiderate of other peoples time.
Was supposed to take a piece of test equipment to a coworker 2 hours away from me. I get to the location and he is not there.
I wait about 15 minutes then call. I get the "sorry I was going to call you and let you know I don't need it now..."

Inconsiderate people suck!

People who are inconsiderate of other peoples time.
Was supposed to take a piece of test equipment to a coworker 2 hours away from me. I get to the location and he is not there.
I wait about 15 minutes then call. I get the "sorry I was going to call you and let you know I don't need it now..."

Inconsiderate people suck!

Sounds like he needs an #IceBucketChallenge

I woke up and booked a 6:52 tee time on golf now. Got through 5 holes playing great. On 6 I caught a maintenance guy rolling the greens and waited for him to finish. I had to wait again on 7 so I just passed by the hole. I get to 8 and there's no flag. He comes up behind me and says there won't be any flags or holes for the rest of the course. He then goes into a rant about how everyday a single catches maintenance and they have a schedule etc etc.

I drove back to 1 and was going to just replay the front. I get there and there's a major back up so I put my stuff in the car. I went into the club house and explained the situation and asked for a voucher for 9 holes. He said he would have to approve it with his GM and that the maintenance guys should have been done.

I am going to call in a bit. I know I could have finished by just working on things and hitting fairways and greens but I am trying to build a handicap.

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What course?
I understand playing too quick for the maintenance to keep up with, as it has happened before, but if that is the case, the course should not take the money.

Greenfield plantation.

That place sure is interesting. Only played there once and it is truly wide open. Makes for interesting golf. I used to kid Jman on here and tell him that we found his course.

That place sure is interesting. Only played there once and it is truly wide open. Makes for interesting golf. I used to kid Jman on here and tell him that we found his course.

Haha this is true. This was only my second time there. Possibly my last depending on how they handle everything.

Jman certainly has lots of room there!

Throat is killing me, can barely talk, and what does come out sounds terrible.

Already had 2 people ask why I was in a bad mood. Not in a bad mood, just sounds like one, because with this sickness I sound like an angry angry person.

I love when agencies get audited and find out that they've been paying a bunch of employees wrong for years. Its super awesome because since there's taxes involved from previous years, they can't approve the fixes to their own mistakes in the system we use. That means I get to go over and approve all of the refunds for overpayment. Each check the employee received gets its very own form to be processed. The most recent batch I got, is an employee who was overpaid over 35 separate payments. The total he had to pay back for three years worth of incorrectly calculated overtime: $24.17

But wait, it gets better. Also due to there being taxes involved, I have to create another form to make a manual adjustment to the employees total tax for that pay period. So each of these 35 refund for overpayment forms gets its very own manual adjustment form that needs to be keyed and approved to correct their cash gross and particular earnings code gross for that payment. Then the new W2 gets created.

YAY!

I love when agencies get audited and find out that they've been paying a bunch of employees wrong for years. Its super awesome because since there's taxes involved from previous years, they can't approve the fixes to their own mistakes in the system we use. That means I get to go over and approve all of the refunds for overpayment. Each check the employee received gets its very own form to be processed. The most recent batch I got, is an employee who was overpaid over 35 separate payments. The total he had to pay back for three years worth of incorrectly calculated overtime: $24.17

But wait, it gets better. Also due to there being taxes involved, I have to create another form to make a manual adjustment to the employees total tax for that pay period. So each of these 35 refund for overpayment forms gets its very own manual adjustment form that needs to be keyed and approved to correct their cash gross and particular earnings code gross for that payment. Then the new W2 gets created.

YAY!
sounds like job security to me

Was rear ended Friday night driving home from work. The guy whose hood is now folded in half was pretty nice and was forthcoming with insurance.

Claim filed yesterday and his insurance company called today to let me know his insurance expired before the accident.

They are contacting him to try and fix this, but I knew this was going too easy..

Was rear ended Friday night driving home from work. The guy whose hood is now folded in half was pretty nice and was forthcoming with insurance.

Claim filed yesterday and his insurance company called today to let me know his insurance expired before the accident.

They are contacting him to try and fix this, but I knew this was going too easy..
Dude that sucks. I always dread stuff like that, hopefully it'll work out

Dude that sucks. I always dread stuff like that, hopefully it'll work out
I'll be annoyed if I end up having to use my own insurance to fix it. A 2 month old car and the banged up bumper is going to bother me.

I'll be annoyed if I end up having to use my own insurance to fix it. A 2 month old car and the banged up bumper is going to bother me.
Yeah no doubt. When I bought my car 2 years I had a few close calls with stupid people and the first thing I said was "they probably don't have insurance" haha just a lame situation. Hopefully he renewed it or will do so soon and it'll get taken care of

No doubt! When mine was read-ended, the only damage was a hole from a license plate bolt put a hole through the bumper.

Not impressed with it, but it was fixed within a week!

No doubt! When mine was read-ended, the only damage was a hole from a license plate bolt put a hole through the bumper.

Not impressed with it, but it was fixed within a week!
Bunch of scratches and bottom half is pushed in. Not sure the bumper will have to be replaced but it bothers me everytime I see it

I am sure this work itself out.

So sorry to hear this. Hope it works out where your company has to pay. It sucks how we can be paying our premiums, driving correctly and paying attention and still end up on the short end of the situation at times.

So sorry to hear this. Hope it works out where your company has to pay. It sucks how we can be paying our premiums, driving correctly and paying attention and still end up on the short end of the situation at times.
Funny you mention that - my insurance suggested last night that I could use my insurance to pay for it. My response to them was simple - if this accident wasn't my fault, why would I initially want to do that. Might be the easier path, but I have no interest in being punished for something that wasn't my fault.

Brutal man.

Funny you mention that - my insurance suggested last night that I could use my insurance to pay for it. My response to them was simple - if this accident wasn't my fault, why would I initially want to do that. Might be the easier path, but I have no interest in being punished for something that wasn't my fault.

Agreed. I just noticed the typo in my post. I of course meant to say, hope your company doesn't have to pay. But hopefully you realized that. Ha

Agreed. I just noticed the typo in my post. I of course meant to say, hope your company doesn't have to pay. But hopefully you realized that. Ha
I did, no worries. You just reminded me of the conversation I had with my insurance agent last night. Then they told me to call the other driver's insurance company to initiate the claim. I thought that was odd but then again - I haven't been in accident since I was 20.

I did, no worries. You just reminded me of the conversation I had with my insurance agent last night. Then they told me to call the other driver's insurance company to initiate the claim. I thought that was odd but then again - I haven't been in accident since I was 20.

You have uninsured motorist right?

The deductible is generally low and because it's not at fault, shouldn't charge any points.

Of course, it's different in no fault states but doesn't so like you're in a no fault state since your agent correctly instructed you to file on other parties insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back