Changing Face Angle

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
When changing face angle on driver from closed, square or open, how much does this change loft?

Bump...........

Hawk? Anyone?

Closing increases and open decreases.

Thought I remember reading it was close to a 6/10 ratio.

1 degree open =.6 degrees less loft when face is squared

So thus if you lower the loft 1 degree, you'd be opening the club face 1.7 degrees or so

Ok. Thanks guys. Not finding much info on my X Hot. I'm guessing the stated 13.5 degrees is at the square setting. Just wondering what 2 degrees closed and 1 degree open does to that stated loft. Can't change loft on this one, only face angle.

2 degrees closed is 1 degree of loft so 14.5 degrees thats what mine is set at with a 44" shaft it's a fairway finder.

Sorry HG. I was out of town.

Info from Callaway:

LOFT options
• stated loft (S)
• stated plus one degree (+1)
• stated plus two degrees (+2)
• stated minus one degree (-1)

Sorry HG. I was out of town.

Info from Callaway:

LOFT options
• stated loft (S)
• stated plus one degree (+1)
• stated plus two degrees (+2)
• stated minus one degree (-1)

Those are the optiforce adapter settings. His sig says he has the Xhot:

The X Hot driver is designed to have a square face angle in its neutral setting. Setting the face angle to the open (O) position on the Opti-Fit Hosel will open the face to 2.5 degrees and subtract 1 degree of loft. A change to the closed (C) setting will set the face 1.5-degrees closed and increase loft 1 degree.

My bad. Thought he had the 2Hot for some reason.

Those are the optiforce adapter settings. His sig says he has the Xhot:

The X Hot driver is designed to have a square face angle in its neutral setting. Setting the face angle to the open (O) position on the Opti-Fit Hosel will open the face to 2.5 degrees and subtract 1 degree of loft. A change to the closed (C) setting will set the face 1.5-degrees closed and increase loft 1 degree.

This was what I was looking for. Thanks to all the posted!

Back