Odyssey Putters Thread

That would be a deadly putter, I know I'd give it a real hard look.

Pretty much the only stick that would stand a chance at legitimately getting the spot in my bag vs my SeeMore's. I love the WHP insert.

Pretty much the only stick that would stand a chance at legitimately getting the spot in my bag vs my SeeMore's. I love the WHP insert.

In my short time with the Protype iX, I'm wondering why I ever left the WHP itself. I don't know how to say this, but it's love. Best insert out there.

In my short time with the Protype iX, I'm wondering why I ever left the WHP itself. I don't know how to say this, but it's love. Best insert out there.

I told Cookie this weekend, I would pay obscene amounts of money to get the WHP insert in my X3.

A guy can dream.

I hope we see a couple center shaft models in the Cruiser line this next year, I would adore that.

I told Cookie this weekend, I would pay obscene amounts of money to get the WHP insert in my X3.

A guy can dream.

I hope we see a couple center shaft models in the Cruiser line this next year, I would adore that.
The only thing missing from my Versa 7CS is about 40-50 grams...

Cover release is up.

Added it to the collection.

First major I haven't had to locate post release.

Congrats JimmyG...decided to pass on this one myself. Hope others were successful who actually wanted one to use!

I passed as well. Just don't really like this one
Sold out in less than 2 hours by the time I checked, I wonder how quickly they actually go!

I'm really interested in the Protype ix #1 on the For Sale section of the forum. Can anyone tell me how it will compare to the WHP #1? I've never seen a Protype ix in person before.

I'm really interested in the Protype ix #1 on the For Sale section of the forum. Can anyone tell me how it will compare to the WHP #1? I've never seen a Protype ix in person before.

Same face, same head shape, but has adjustable weights.

WHP weights 340g. Protype IX weighs 350g and can be adjusted to 340 or 360.

Feel should be rather similar, but because there are weight ports in the IX, it will not be a completely identical feel to the WHP

Sold out in less than 2 hours by the time I checked, I wonder how quickly they actually go!

Have to believe it was within minutes.

Pondering a tank #7.

If I play a normal putter at around 31", what is the right length for these? 34"?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Pondering a tank #7.

If I play a normal putter at around 31", what is the right length for these? 34"?

It's recommended about 3 in over standard, I actually play it only 2 in above standard.

It's recommended about 3 in over standard, I actually play it only 2 in above standard.

So maybe try to find one at 34/35 and cut it down an inch?

So maybe try to find one at 34/35 and cut it down an inch?

I don't know about cutting it down. But actually gripping down on it.

I miss the WHP insert, I really can't lie. I made the mistake of rolling my V-line Cruiser and CS Mallet for a bit, just everything you could want in an insert IMO.

I miss the WHP insert, I really can't lie. I made the mistake of rolling my V-line Cruiser and CS Mallet for a bit, just everything you could want in an insert IMO.
I'm not going to lie, that insert has surprised the crap outta me. Its simply fantastic and I haven't putted better. Its a very nice feel and the roll is amazing!

It converted me to an insert in a putter. I was not a fan for a long time and now will be gaming a Tank Cruiser for the Morgan Cup. Now it would be hard to get me to switch back after this.

Currently gaming a Metal-X #5 CS with a Garsen Edge grip. Its been in the bag since January, but after toying around with the Havok I had to make the switch. The WHP insert coupled with the Havok's high MOI is blissful. Add the Garsen Edge grip into the mix again and its all I could ask for in a putter.

Currently gaming a Metal-X #5 CS with a Garsen Edge grip. Its been in the bag since January, but after toying around with the Havok I had to make the switch. The WHP insert coupled with the Havok's high MOI is blissful. Add the Garsen Edge grip into the mix again and its all I could ask for in a putter.

I need to roll the Havok, I still haven't had the chance.

I really want a CS #7 WHP though, that'll happen this year when I find a steal on one.

It converted me to an insert in a putter. I was not a fan for a long time and now will be gaming a Tank Cruiser for the Morgan Cup. Now it would be hard to get me to switch back after this.

+1. I've always gamed a milled putter until I put the TC 330M on play. It took a few rounds & practice, but love the insert & how it rolls the ball. What surprises me was the feel. I can honestly say that unless it's pure boredom, I won't put a milled putter in play long term over my TC 330M.

I need to roll the Havok, I still haven't had the chance.

I really want a CS #7 WHP though, that'll happen this year when I find a steal on one.

Want to roll the JailBird. Just looks like a fun putter & the HC doesn't suck either. :)

Want to roll the JailBird. Just looks like a fun putter & the HC doesn't suck either. :)

Yep, I want to roll that one too. Could never game it I don't think, but I'd sure love to roll it for a bit.

Back